• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's be real, if we get DeAndre Ayton and trade up to get one of the Bridges, we are making the playoffs next year

NBASupes

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Being smart went out the window when they decided to tank.

Without rehashing the same thing over and over, this is our situation now and there's a smart way to do it and a dumb way. Dropping big dollars on the likes of Biyombo is the dumb way, accumulating assets a la Philly (or Boston if an IT comes along) is the smart way. No big contracts unless we're getting picks for them, pick up some underrated players from other teams and we'll be happy in a few years.

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If we get Bagley, I want to sign Deandre Jordan and do a SnT for Gallo with Plumlee and Moose.

Doubt LAC does that. I'm on record as really liking Gallo, but he's a piece of the puzzle and is injured so much that I wouldn't get him or someone of his caliber until we have a better foundation. He's a #3 guy.

Edit: I mean if he's really cheap, sure. But not otherwise. He's also 30ish now right?

Edited by TheFuzz

Love the idea of Ayton and one of the Bridges but if we are being realistic that’s too good to come true for us.....it’s very much a pipe dream therefore it ain’t happening.

mikal not slipping pass pick 8. I doubt miles slips out the top 10 or 11. So I don’t give us any hope on this happening.

still like the idea though...I think bud would love to coach Mikal , not so sure how much bud would love coaching Ayton if had the opportunity to get him...just depends.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

giphy.gif

I hope you like crow, and don’t choke on it. If you don’t think this team can compete for the 8th seed 2 years from now when they’re not trying to lose and snag a top pick, but are trying to get in and to make trades to attract a free agent, you’ve got an all you can eat crow-fet coming your way. Stat.

42 minutes ago, hazer said:

I hope you like crow, and don’t choke on it. If you don’t think this team can compete for the 8th seed 2 years from now when they’re not trying to lose and snag a top pick, but are trying to get in and to make trades to attract a free agent, you’ve got an all you can eat crow-fet coming your way. Stat.

I have no doubt in my mind that they will not be competing for a playoff spot by year three of this reprehensible strategy.  The player they take this year won't be playing winning basketball by that time.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I have no doubt in my mind that they will not be competing for a playoff spot by year three of this reprehensible strategy.  The player they take this year won't be playing winning basketball by that time.

Taurean Prince is in his 2nd year and contributing just fine, the player Schlenkholzer snags in the Top 5 will be a better player than Printz. Hawks will be competing for a playoff spot in ‘19-‘20.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Taurean Prince is in his 2nd year and contributing just fine, the player Schlenkholzer snags in the Top 5 will be a better player than Printz. Hawks will be competing for a playoff spot in ‘19-‘20.

Taurean Prince isn't playing the kind of defense the team needs to help them win games at this point.  There are some aspects of his game that have improved, but his defense has gone backwards.  When you combine that with the fact that he had an adjustment to make defensively coming from a predominately zone scheme in college, you have a player who is playing more than his production warrants at this time.  Taurean as a 2nd year player has a negative BPM and a WS/48 of 0.034.  If the Hawks are to compete in the next two years, both of those numbers have to increase dramatically.

I don't see a single player in this draft that can come in and help a team win right now, and most of the guys at the top of the draft are going to take at least 3 years before you start seeing a positive BPM with them.

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Taurean Prince isn't playing the kind of defense the team needs to help them win games at this point.  There are some aspects of his game that have improved, but his defense has gone backwards.  When you combine that with the fact that he had an adjustment to make defensively coming from a predominately zone scheme in college, you have a player who is playing more than his production warrants at this time.  Taurean as a 2nd year player has a negative BPM and a WS/48 of 0.034.  If the Hawks are to compete in the next two years, both of those numbers have to increase dramatically.

I don't see a single player in this draft that can come in and help a team win right now, and most of the guys at the top of the draft are going to take at least 3 years before you start seeing a positive BPM with them.

If he can give us 20/5/5 with playmaking skills at a high level, we aren't in a bad position moving forward. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No one on this hawks team has taken defense seriously all year. The motivation to defend was purposely NOT set at the top starting with coaching staff since tanking was the objective  ...this was obviously done on purpose as there are plenty of defenders on this team that could have made results a lot better.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

The D will be more Tenacious when the objective isn’t a Top 5 lottery pick. Mark it...

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The defense isn’t there because the talent isn’t there.  The coaching staff has no part in this stupid tank job.  That is all on Travis Schlenk.  

Someone hasn’t been watching. Bud is clearly in on it.

Posted again as it fits this thread as well.

I do not want to spend any good money on any free agent in this upcoming free agent crop. We spent enough already on average to below average talent in Bazemore and Plumlee.

Steph Curry was taken 5th, Klay Thompson was taken 11th. We will be somewhere in that area in next years draft. Schelnk probably views being competitive without tanking as 5 -14 in the draft.

Ayton or Bagley III, Collins, Plumlee, Muscala. If we draft Doncic, our front line gets worse. We are not going to the playoffs next season folks.