• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Same. I don't want Boston with a top 5 pick again. I have faith that Lonzo and gang will win. 

Especially a top 5 in this draft. There is a very good chance Philly will regret this deal which was a product of the new GM wanting to win now and not taking a long view.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just on a draft related note, James Harden could be out for up to 6 weeks. It'd be nice to see them go on a little losing streak and drop in the standings so we get a better pick. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I can deal with winning some games if it's because of young guys who can contribute to the future of the team.  Winning meaningless games and seeing it negatively affect draft position due to the efforts of guys who won't even play for this team past this season is extremely irritating.

• Like 3

I think Bud is doing his best to contribute to the tank.  Dennis’ minutes could be a lot higher than 32.  Then our 5 next best players (Prince not included lol) average 24.7 minutes.  Look at all the close games and 4th quarter leads lost.  I don’t understand the complaints about Bud’s poor decisions and coaching one day then lamenting a win the next, although the Collins conundrum is real as a player who needs experience yet has the most win shares.  Schlenk is executing this job as gracefully as you can.  Y’all crazy if you think Bud is just gonna blatantly race to the bottom.

After Dennis’ was awfully projected as a Rondo-type based on his video I’m skeptical of highlights but I have to watch some video of Doncic.  I don’t like constantly hearing he’s unathletic and unable to guard any one position.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I think Bud is doing his best to contribute to the tank.  

Y’all crazy if you think Bud is just gonna blatantly race to the bottom.

So Bud is tanking but not blatantly tanking...What does this mean?

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t understand the complaints about Bud’s poor decisions and coaching one day then lamenting a win the next,

Who is doing this?

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So Bud is tanking but not blatantly tanking...What does this mean?

Who is doing this?

He’s coaching his style, arguably (not an invitation to) better than a majority of his counterparts.  He hasn’t dumbed down to unwatchable  Brett Brown tankball or anything.  You can agree ball movement and three point shooting are staples of the modern offensive approach, 2 areas where we can’t complain.  To ensure a few losses, Bud has seemingly agreed to the directive from Schlenk to support the tank by minutes distribution, something the casual fan doesn’t notice.  This team is young as hell, all our main guys are playing at least 2 minutes below a reasonable expectation, in Collins’ case 10.

As far as the second quote, I would never call anyone out, it ain’t that serious.  We all want a stud this summer at the end of the day.  The lines just get blurred sometimes.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He’s coaching his style, arguably (not an invitation to) better than a majority of his counterparts.  He hasn’t dumbed down to Brett Brown ball or anything.  You can agree ball movement and three point shooting are staples of the modern offensive approach, 2 areas where we can’t complain.  To ensure a few losses, Bud has seemingly agreed to the directive from Schlenk to support the tank by minutes distribution, something the casual fan doesn’t notice.  This team is young as hell, all our main guys are playing at least 2 minutes below expected, in Collins’ case 10.

How is this different from what he has done in the past?  For example, It took forever to get Hardaway and Prince into the starting line up last year and didn't Howard average like 29 minutes per game last year while Korver was playing over 30 minutes per game. Thabo was was completely removed from the rotation while Delaney was being used the same has this year early in the season.  Then once Delaney fell out of favor, Bud started using Bazemore as a back up point guard.  He even at time started and used Millsap as a 6'7" center against big line ups...something he does with Collins this year.

Was he tanking last year as well?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

We are too good to expect to not stumble our way into some wins and our management is too proud to sit players, etc.

Finally posters are starting to realize that this team is starting to develop some chemistry and is now playing defense.  Probably won't finish with one of the 5 worst records this year but the future still looks bright for this team.

• Like 1