• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I can't understand the issues that people have with tanking in stating that it will take forever to bear any fruit while offering alternatives such as sitting on restrictive contracts for a few years until they expire.  You do recognize that all you accomplish by punting a team's proper rebuild years down the line is just adding more years until they'll return to any amount of prominence, correct?

So what significant player do you think we can realistically add this offseason, with the cap space?

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Coaching was the reason.  No way should Moose have received those minutes in the playoffs.

And who are we playing for in this offseason?  Who is the target in this offseason that we can realistically get?

Let me rephrase that question.  Who is the guy that you think that we can realistically get?

Did you think DMC and Sap were going to be as good as they were here.

47 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Coaching was the reason.  No way should Moose have received those minutes in the playoffs.

And who are we playing for in this offseason?  Who is the target in this offseason that we can realistically get?

Let me rephrase that question.  Who is the guy that you think that we can realistically get?

They will never admit that no one who can elevate this team to even the 35 win plateau next year is going to come into a tanking situation.

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what significant player do you think we can realistically add this offseason, with the cap space?

What significant player would the Hawks have realistically been able to add in your alternative?  

Give me the options to at least pursue assets between free agency and trade than being stuck with the same deteriorating core for yet another year at the minimum before those options are open to me.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, davis171 said:

Did you think DMC and Sap were going to be as good as they were here.

It's not a hard question man.  Who do you think we can get in the offseason?

Millsap was a baller in Utah.  DMC has always been solid, but never a deadeye shooter, so he was a surprise.

So . . . once again . . what significant player do you think we can get in the offseason, and why?

This offseason in the draft we can find a young player with upside and find pieces that fit him to grow him up the best way possible. So you go into this offseason old and way over the cap what moves are you making to improve your maybe 8 seed hawks trade away all your draft assets like we did with THJ and lose players like Kelly Oubre Jr. who aren't immediately ready. Jimmy Butler was the 30th pick of the draft you guys are so dilutional to think the hawks took on cap to try and save money (there is a minimum amount of the cap you have to spend) so that's just not knowing NBA rules. Under your scenario I'll give you the 8 seed we are picking 15th Meaning netting you Dzanan Musa, Robert Williams, Anrenee Simmions is your help. You think that a team a year older with no value is going to help.

Edited by davis171

10 hours ago, MaceCase said:

What significant player would the Hawks have realistically been able to add in your alternative?  

Give me the options to at least pursue assets between free agency and trade than being stuck with the same deteriorating core for yet another year at the minimum before those options are open to me.

Cool.

I'll make it easy for you.

Who do you think the Hawks can realistically get?

http://hoopshype.com/2018/02/13/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's not a hard question man.  Who do you think we can get in the offseason?

Millsap was a baller in Utah.  DMC has always been solid, but never a deadeye shooter, so he was a surprise.

So . . . once again . . what significant player do you think we can get in the offseason, and why?

DMC was averaging 6pts 3 rbd and less than 1 ass stl and blocks when atlanta signed him so you are wrong again that is a borderline NBA player stat wise. Sap was pushed out of Utah and signed for under a sixth of the cap those are the moves the hawks need to make not paying a non all star Center to a fourth of your cap as I have said multiple times it is okay to be wrong dude. I think as also stated before I like the idea of Will Barton, Donte Exum and Mario Hezojona if willing to come on team friendly deals. https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/30/4454510/2013-nba-free-agents-ranking-list-dwight-howard-chris-paul and https://www.si.com/nba/photos/2012/09/18nbas-top-2013-free-agents-10-1#10 (at least his picture is in this one!) I will remind you Paul wasn't even considered a top 10 FA that offseason.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DBac said:

Becoming evident that Ayton is gonna be the #1 pick. I prefer Doncic but GMs are gonna be scared as hell to pass on Ayton after his performances and with the way he's built.

Hard to disagree with this. The defense is a worry but I think his floor is actually Enes Kanter, another big that has defensive issues tagged on him. IF he gets with the right team, he could develop into a HOF caliber player for the other side.

Ayton is one of the better Center prospects to come out in a while. His main issue is rim protection but I can picture him improving on that end once he gets with a proper NBA big man coach. He has the athleticism and length to be solid. 

Its going to suck to see him wasting away in Memphis or Sacramento next season. Same with Doncic. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Guard said:

Ayton is one of the better Center prospects to come out in a while. His main issue is rim protection but I can picture him improving on that end once he gets with a proper NBA big man coach. He has the athleticism and length to be solid. 

Its going to suck to see him wasting away in Memphis or Sacramento next season. Same with Doncic. 

Being one of the better center prospects to come out in a while would put him up there with Karl Anthony Towns, Joel Embiid, and Anthony Davis, and he's not nearly at the level those guys were defensively when they came into the league.  You can hide a bad perimeter defender.  You can't hide a bad post defender.  

He may very well end up being Karl Anthony Towns on offense, but he's closer to Jahlil Okafor on defense.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Being one of the better center prospects to come out in a while would put him up there with Karl Anthony Towns, Joel Embiid, and Anthony Davis, and he's not nearly at the level those guys were defensively when they came into the league.  You can hide a bad perimeter defender.  You can't hide a bad post defender.  

He may very well end up being Karl Anthony Towns on offense, but he's closer to Jahlil Okafor on defense.

Yup every NBA scout is wrong and you are right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Yup every NBA scout is wrong and you are right.

It wouldn't be the first time.  Every NBA scout was wrong, and I was right on Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker as well.

It's hard for me to have faith in NBA scouts when they take Andrew Wiggins and Markelle Fultz with the first pick when there were obvious weaknesses.

Edited by KB21

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It wouldn't be the first time.  Every NBA scout was wrong, and I was right on Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker as well.

It's hard for me to have faith in NBA scouts when they take Andrew Wiggins and Markelle Fultz with the first pick when there were obvious weaknesses.

You may still be wrong on Jabari and Wiggins they are both under 24. Jabari is only 22!

Edited by davis171

Closing the book on Fultz after one season, since there was a problem with his shooting being tinkered with after summer league is absolutely comical. One year never tells your tale on anything.

I'll stand by my thought on Ayton too. Downside is he's a rotational big where his defense keeps him from ever starting on better teams but he's a real asset because of his inside scoring and rebounding as a 6th/7th man, upside is he gets with a team that has a good developmental system and a coach that can really push him and he really becomes something. I fear for him if he goes to especially a Phoenix...

Wins are 3rd in how important they truly are, coaching and development matter more.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Despite the turmoil that is Arizona’s season kid has lead them to ship in dominat fashion might I add. He will be fine. Maybe the problem is taking suspect players like wings and pgs that offer no d. 

One hope I do hold out for Ayton is Markkanen was supposed to be even worse on defense and he's been passable in the NBA. So perhaps it's an Arizona thing. Just worry about the future of the league being guys like Simmons and Giannis when your rim protector is not great at it.

• Like 2