• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sorry but THJr is still better than Oubre Jr.  The problem is again a problem of GMing.  When you made the trade for THjr, you should have been ready to extend him befoe he became a UFA. 

Not for the contract he isn't Oubre is making 2 million a year to Hardaway's 17! Why would he have not tested the market to be "proud" to be an eastern conference fringe playoff team?

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, davis171 said:

Not for the contract he isn't Oubre is making 2 million a year to hardaway's 17!

Never worry.  Oubre's contract status will change and you will probably end up giving him Baze money for less production. 

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Myth of the Spurs tanking...

This is a good read.  It really lets you know that in this league that there has only been 1 team who has tanked and won a championship.  Yet the tank squad believes that tanking is the way...

Let's say that our tanking gets us the one player in this draft that everybody believes is great...  I guess that's Ayton or Doncic..or Bagley.

What stops us from being a treadmill team??

I mean, if the player is good.. then he alone willl push us into the midrange?  So next year, we'd be picking like ... 12 or 13th right.   Late Lottery.  Not going to really move the needle.  So that means that we'll be still in the middle somewhere.   So  protankers... how do we go higher with a tank reputation and a mediocre team??

I still see we have Crickets. ..

Just now, Diesel said:

Never worry.  Oubre's contract status will change and you will probably end up giving him Baze money for less production. 

Okay move him before the extension he is making 2 million for the next 2 years! Use that then let him walk or trade him before you give him the big contract.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I still see we have Crickets. ..

Using cap flexibility to sign intriguing vets that fit around the young player... you are overstating it Zach Randolph and George Hill signed with the freaking kings...

Edited by davis171

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Using cap flexibility to sign intriguing vets that fit around the young player... you are overstating it Zach Randolph and George Hill signed with the freaking kings...

As much as you and others cry about Millsap's age, I can't believe that you can't see the value in getting a more ready player like THJr instead of a project like Oubre at the time of the trade. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

As much as you and others cry about Millsap's age, I can't believe that you can't see the value in getting a more ready player like THJr instead of a project like Oubre at the time of the trade. 

LMAO THJ went to the D-league while on the hawks shut up. More ready to play no defense.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sap missed like 10 games down the stretch last season, which caused the late season slide.

Then he was in straight beast mode in the playoffs.

First, we had a negative point differential last season.  Can't get much more mediocre than that.  We were lucky to win 43.

Second, Sap missed a LOT more than 10 this season.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I complained about it hard noting we were trading years of team control for a guy who blew chunks for the Knicks.  Bud agreed and benched him half a season and you are right he improved and came back.  Then he blew chunks in the playoffs and never showed up in either post-season and was gone for nothing.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I complained about it hard noting we were trading years of team control for a guy who blew chunks for the Knicks.  Bud agreed and benched him half a season and you are right he improved and came back.  Then he blew chunks in the playoffs and never showed up in either post-season and was gone for nothing.

These guys and their crazy arguments!  Lord help us through these last 14 games!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our track record leading up to Oubre was:

Jenkins, Larkin, Dennis, Bebe, Payne, Walter...  If you have swung and missed as many times as we did, why not trade for somebody who is already somewhat proven in the league???  If you want to cry about trading years of team control.. cry about those other guys first.  

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I did cry about our drafting but also felt strongly THJr was a flawed player not worth the trade.  Don't feel differently today.

He was a flawed player, but in his time here, he contributed more than what Oubre Jr. could have contributed. 

Now, if you want to cry about trading away the future, please start with Larkin, Payne, and Bebe all being traded for some soft cookies and a snack bag wrapper. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He was a flawed player, but in his time here, he contributed more than what Oubre Jr. could have contributed. 

Now, if you want to cry about trading away the future, please start with Larkin, Payne, and Bebe all being traded for some soft cookies and a snack bag wrapper. 

We got 1.5 useful regular seasons and zero use playoff appearances from him.  We'll see what Oubre Jr. ends up with for the Wizards.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

We got 1.5 useful regular seasons and zero use playoff appearances from him.  We'll see what Oubre Jr. ends up with for the Wizards.

if it wasn't for THJr, we probably would have traded Oubre Jr. for a bag of Diggem Smacks.   Look at our trackrecord.

Larkin.. Traded. 

Bebe... Traded. 

Moose... Traded. 

We are not about developing draft picks. 

2 hours ago, davis171 said:

Yeah your just wrong. The point was "Flexability" which is awesome. Sap and DMC were never supposed to be multi contact guys otherwise you pay the extra (hawks went into that season under the cap). The entire point was to move them for assets if they over preform the contract but Ferry wasn't here to make the deals. Schlenk has a plan that ownership likes please just shut up and in 3 years if you don't like the direction I may agree but the dude has been here for less than a year and no one is complaining from the hawks side. How do you know there is no plan on how to use the cap space Schlenk give you a phone call?

LOL @ shut up.  I pay to see these games.  Do you pay to go to these games at Philips arena?  It's easy to talk "tank" when you're not spending a dang dime to see these games live.   Check back when you're spending $100 a pop to see a game.  Or better yet, see how the season ticket holders feel about "the tank".

This team is dead last in attendance this season, due to the stunt the GM pulled.  And if the right player isn't picked, that attendance number will get worse.  The only person that's going to move the needle from an attendance standpoint, is Collin Sexton.  And he definitely won't get picked if the Hawks have a top 3 pick.  

Schlenk's "plan", is to throw the house at one of the Golden State players not named Curry or Durant.  It'll either be Klay Thompson or Draymond Green.  What will Schlenk use as a selling point to lure either of those 2 guys to Atlanta?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ shut up.  I pay to see these games.  Do you pay to go to these games at Philips arena?  It's easy to talk "tank" when you're not spending a dang dime to see these games live.   Check back when you're spending $100 a pop to see a game.  Or better yet, see how the season ticket holders feel about "the tank".

This team is dead last in attendance this season, due to the stunt the GM pulled.  And if the right player isn't picked, that attendance number will get worse.  The only person that's going to move the needle from an attendance standpoint, is Collin Sexton.  And he definitely won't get picked if the Hawks have a top 3 pick.  

Schlenk's "plan", is to throw the house at one of the Golden State players not named Curry or Durant.  It'll either be Klay Thompson or Draymond Green.  What will Schlenk use as a selling point to lure either of those 2 guys to Atlanta?

How do you know Schlenk's plan please elaborate! Sexton won't go top 7 I'll put money on it now you just like him and are speaking for a fanbase. Stunt? He didn't overpay a couple aging players as I've said no math works where you can compete for a championship with over half you cap taken by a borderline east all-star and a former all star.

Edited by davis171

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

if it wasn't for THJr, we probably would have traded Oubre Jr. for a bag of Diggem Smacks.   Look at our trackrecord.

Larkin.. Traded. 

Bebe... Traded. 

Moose... Traded. 

We are not about developing draft picks. 

And we failed miserably time for a reset exactly! All I've seen from you is why nothing works lol. At least we have an idea come up with something to get us closer to a championship genius. 

Edited by davis171

27 minutes ago, davis171 said:

And we failed miserably time for a reset exactly! All I've seen from you is why nothing works lol. At least we have an idea come up with something to get us closer to a championship genius. 

Tell me, which top 5 picks drafted during the one and done era have gone on to lead their team to a NBA Championship AND were the best player on that championship team?