• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

44 minutes ago, parfait said:

Well, it was written by Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN, who carries far less bias regarding the Hawks (zero) than naysayers such as yourself (infiniti).

OK.  So, since he is so highly regarded, is he a finalist for any other job?

11 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Naysayers? He's downright miserable.  Anyone who is this negative about every move....knows more than Arnovitz's of the world!

Well, I’m certainly not going to be shepherded into thinking that every move they make will work out particularly when I absolutely hate the direction this GM chose to go in to build this team.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, I’m certainly not going to be shepherded into thinking that every move they make will work out particularly when I absolutely hate the direction this GM chose to go in to build this team.  

Wait! I finally figured it out!

You're a Bot, working for the SEO/Internet Marketing team at the Squawk, to boost traffic.

Damnit! I can't believe I fell for it all this time!  :doh:

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

So the absolute best you can do is trash every move that's made now and in the future?  The coach (on topic) may very well be Pierce or Lorranaga.  I think either will do for what the hawk's are now and can be in the future.  Did you honestly think Bud was a great coach at first?  If you did, that's great, but I think a new coach deserves a measure of patience.  

28 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So the absolute best you can do is trash every move that's made now and in the future?  The coach (on topic) may very well be Pierce or Lorranaga.  I think either will do for what the hawk's are now and can be in the future.  Did you honestly think Bud was a great coach at first?  If you did, that's great, but I think a new coach deserves a measure of patience.  

Well, I in fact did think Mike Budenholzer would be a great coach.  I liked his pedigree coming from the Spurs system and way of doing things, and I also liked the fact that the GM at that time also came from the same system.

Lloyd Pierce has nowhere near the resume Mike Budenholzer had.  Jay Larranaga doesn't either, but I do think Jay has a chance to be really good.

The Hawks message to their young players:

"We want you to focus on development and the fundamentals that lead to winning games, but instead of winning games, we want you to lose games at an alarming rate, so are not giving you any veteran leaders that can help your development."

7 minutes ago, DBac said:

How can Larranaga teach the Hawks how to win when he can't even win the Hornets coaching job

At least he was beaten out be a legitimate candidate, one that wouldn't even interview for the Hawks job.

Because of some stupid, asinine reason, I guess I have to post this in this thread.  Do you realize that the only reason Sam Hinkie considered Lloyd Pierce for the head coaching job in 2013 was because he knew he couldn't win and disrupt his overall plan?

The same thing is happening in Atlanta.  Schlenk knows that Pierce isn't experienced enough to win, and that's why he's the top candidate.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The 2018-2019 tank season is upon us though, and then we will have the 2019-2020 tank season.

Like I said...2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk
  • Like 3

Because of some stupid, asinine reason, I guess I have to post this in this thread.  Do you realize that the only reason Sam Hinkie considered Lloyd Pierce for the head coaching job in 2013 was because he knew he couldn't win and disrupt his overall plan?

The same thing is happening in Atlanta.  Schlenk knows that Pierce isn't experienced enough to win, and that's why he's the top candidate.  

At this point I think it's within the realm of possibility. Parting ways with Budenholzer to me is a commitment to losing for a few years, a la The Process.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like I said...2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

2018-19 will have more losses than 2017-18.  We are going to have more young players who do not know how to win.  We will be downgraded at the coaching position.  The freaking summer league team will very likely be the team we play with in the regular season.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

2018-19 will have more losses than 2017-18.  We are going to have more young players who do not know how to win.  We will be downgraded at the coaching position.  The freaking summer league team will very likely be the team we play with in the regular season.

Let's try this one more time......2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's try this one more time......2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Doesn't change the FACTS - TANK 2018 IS Over.

2018 new coach, 2018 draft lottery, 2018 draft and 2018 Summer League.

GO HAWKS!!!

They are not finished tanking.  This year will be a continuation of last year, only worse.

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They are not finished tanking.  This year will be a continuation of last year, only worse.

KB. Are you leaving this team? Why be a fake azz fan who can see no good when they do things you don't like? You seem to have knowledge that could at least be brought to this forum going forward.  You can't change the direction, and as such offer a go forward strategy that doesn't include bitching.