• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The poster only referenced the Falcons stadium due to his experience there.  His point was in response to all the "amenities" they have added to State Farm Arena to improve the fan experience.  I addressed that point.  People are not going to come to a Hawks game to watch this crappy team intentionally lose games.

He was referencing stadium amenities in general.  You said the Hawks put them in because they expect to lose.  In 2018, all stadiums have amenities.  Do all teams expect to lose?

condescending

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

I am not going to re-explain why I think he’s a bad player from what I saw in college.  Shot selection, inefficient, lack of quickness/athleticism, no strength, and port defense is what I saw.  He’s raw and young and sure he can get better, but I mean not banking on that.  Yes I can be wrong too and I am going into this with an open mind.  I am not an expert by any means so it will be interesting to see how he handles things.

I suspect this is the case with a majority of the fans on here.  I think those that support what Travis Schlenk has done to this organization never experienced 1999-2007.

Watch effort, improvement & the ability to translate practice sessions and film work to live action more so than the team's win-loss record.

I.E......don't pay attention to winning because we aren't trying to win.  We will dress up the losing for you though and shroud our true goal with "effort and improvement" that doesn't translate into wins.  

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think those that support what Travis Schlenk has done to this organization never experienced 1999-2007.

Wrong again, imagine that. I support the path Schlenk has chosen, and I’ve experienced the Hawks 1980-Present ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think you missed the "Don't feed the dead-horse beater" sign when you walked in.

Don't worry, we've all done it.  I just wanted to give you fair warning so you don't get too deep into the maddening argument with him before you turn around and realize he's lured you into a dark, dark world where up is down and light is dark and nothing you thought makes sense exists anymore ....

Evil

Omg ? so that’s what happened to me!!! Mystery solved. I was wondering why I’ve been such a $hithead the last few months. I think it started in mid June near the draft when the good doctor got into my head with all the jjj bull$hit and im still recovering from it. @kg01 that’s some serious Angela Lansbury if it’s murda, u know she wrote it u did right thuuuurrr. ? awesome ? 

• Like 2

I go back to my earlier question.  If they start to win games, will they be allowed to continue, or will they suddenly experience "injuries"?   92.9 The Game announcers were projecting the win totals ranging from 18 (maybe one as low as 14(?)) - 27, and quoted Schlenk as saying he wanted to come out of this season with 3 more lottery picks.  If they quoted him correctly, I would then conclude that if we were to start winning a few games, players would start becoming DNPs due to "injuries" just like last year.  Do you guys think they will be allowed to win, if by some remote chance they were beginning to get some wins?

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I go back to my earlier question.  If they start to win games, will they be allowed to continue, or will they suddenly experience "injuries"?   92.9 The Game announcers were projecting the win totals ranging from 18 (maybe one as low as 14(?)) - 27, and quoted Schlenk as saying he wanted to come out of this season with 3 more lottery picks.  If they quoted him correctly, I would then conclude that if we were to start winning a few games, players would start becoming DNPs due to "injuries" just like last year.  Do you guys think they will be allowed to win, if by some remote chance they were beginning to get some wins?

the answer to that question is no.  They will not be allowed to continue to win if they go on a winning streak.

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and people want to continue to ignore what they are actually doing.  

Man...more of us losin in this thread too..wtfff. Post that losing stuff on one thread man I don’t wanna put u on ignore (not sure why) but this is annoying.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Man...more of us losin in this thread too..wtfff. Post that losing stuff on one thread man I don’t wanna put u on ignore (not sure why) but this is annoying.

Eggsactly.  Not only is he continuously spreading his nonsense, he's now infecting others.  This is the freaking Walking Dead all of a sudden.

They're not losing on purpose.  They're not "injury-ing" guys.  That's ridiculous and it's beneath us to think otherwise.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

Except that Boston did not tank.  Brad Stevens made it very clear to them before he was hired that he would not take the job if they were tanking.  

I have no respect for anyone who supports tanking.  Bottom line.

Hmm lucky we don’t care. Also Boston sold off any player they could for assets. They tank dude. They just didn’t have to totally suck as they got a sucker to do it for them.

1 hour ago, Royjr9 said:

Hmm lucky we don’t care. Also Boston sold off any player they could for assets. They tank dude. They just didn’t have to totally suck as they got a sucker to do it for them.

No.  They didn't tank.  

You might as well get used to what you saw tonight.  There is no end in sight.  That light at the end of the tunnel?  It's a train that is going to hit you head on.  This is what tanking gets you though.

So hyperbolic. We'll be fine in the long run. This game won't be the only big loss of the season, but it's what Schlenk signed us up for.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:
You might as well get used to what you saw tonight.  There is no end in sight.  That light at the end of the tunnel?  It's a train that is going to hit you head on.  This is what tanking gets you though.

So hyperbolic. We'll be fine in the long run. This game won't be the only big loss of the season, but it's what Schlenk signed us up for.

Yeah.  Maybe in 10 years, this team will be fine after they spend 5 years digging out of the 5 year hole Schlenk has put them in.