• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

You've called Bagley a unicorn, said Ayton's floor is DeMarcus Cousins, and said Bamba has the ability/potential to be the best player in the NBA. I'm not sure either of you are really qualified to give accurate assessments on these prospects. Just one extreme to the other. 

I cant get over him saying Bagley is a mix of Westbrook, Rodman and Bosh. Hyperbole all around lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, High5 said:

You've called Bagley a unicorn, said Ayton's floor is DeMarcus Cousins, and said Bamba has the ability/potential to be the best player in the NBA. I'm not sure either of you are really qualified to give accurate assessments on these prospects. Just one extreme to the other. 

I never said his floor was Boogie ever. 

I said if he fails to reach his ceiling, the worst he's going to be is Boogie level. That's why scouts have him as their clear #1.

Floor is what he is right now and he's just decent right now. Not good or very good or great.

Bamba does. He has the least amount of flaws of all of the prospects. 

I said if he fails to reach his ceiling, the worst he's going to be is Boogie level. That's why scouts have him as their clear #1.

Floor is what he is right now and he's just decent right now. Not good or very good or great.

Bamba does have the highest potential. He has the least amount of flaws of all of the prospects and Bagley has the most ability in this class. Doncic is the most sound.

1 hour ago, DBac said:

I cant get over him saying Bagley is a mix of Westbrook, Rodman and Bosh. Hyperbole all around lol.

That's a fair take in my opinion. It's the only combination I can think of with him. 

His profile is similar to Bosh but doesn't have the length which is critical when Bosh added weight, he could play the 4 and the 5. He's like Rodman with his rebounding and feel for the ball. He also has Rodman ability to defend multiple positions and could be an elite perimeter defender. He has good natural strength but 

He's like Westbrook with elite open court ability plus elite speed, quickness, power in the air and agility. He is a relentless attacker as well but his scoring mentality like Bosh.

Now clearly he isn't the best of Bosh, Westbrook, and Rodman but he does have some parts of their game in his. Like I said, we have no reference for Bagley.

Edited by NBASupes

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bamba does. He has the least amount of flaws of all of the prospects. 

The worst someone can be is their floor. Their best is their ceiling. Cousins is arguably the best center in the league. If that's Ayton's floor then he should be 1-30 on everyone's draft board. 

Just now, High5 said:

The worst someone can be is their floor. Their best is their ceiling. Cousins is arguably the best center in the league. If that's Ayton's floor then he should be 1-30 on everyone's draft board. 

Floor is what they are right now. Ayton floor is Brook Lopez current form with the Lakers.

Ayton is a much better prospect and talent than Cousins at this stage.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's a fair take in my opinion. It's the only combination I can think of with him. 

His profile is similar to Bosh but doesn't have the length which is critical when Bosh added weight, he could play the 4 and the 5. He's like Rodman with his rebounding and feel for the ball. He also has Rodman ability to defend multiple positions and could be an elite perimeter defender. He has good natural strength but 

He's like Westbrook with elite open court ability plus elite speed, quickness, power in the air and agility. He is a relentless attacker as well but his scoring mentality like Bosh.

Now clearly he isn't the best of Bosh Westbrook and Rodman but he doesn't have some parts of their game in his. Like I said, we have no reference for Bagley.

Is Bagley done growing though?  He JUST turned 19.  My thing is, if he grows one or two more inches, and puts on 10 lbs of muscle, you're now talking about a 7-1, 245 lbs MONSTER on the court, that can run like a small forward.

That's why I said that he could very well be the power forward version of Giannis in a very short amount of time.  Bagley's upside is 2nd highest only to Trae Young.  But Young could easily be a bust as well.  There's no such variation with Bagley.  He's going to be a very good player as soon as he steps into the league.

• Like 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Is Bagley done growing though?  He JUST turned 19.  My thing is, if he grows one or two more inches, and puts on 10 lbs of muscle, you're now talking about a 7-1, 245 lbs MONSTER on the court, that can run like a small forward.

That's why I said that he could very well be the power forward version of Giannis in a very short amount of time.  Bagley's upside is 2nd highest only to Trae Young.  But Young could easily be a bust as well.  There's no such variation with Bagley.  He's going to be a very good player as soon as he steps into the league.

None of these guys are done but Bagley is the most likely who is. He's been 6'11 then again, I stopped at 13 and grew again at 20 but it was just an inch. Simmons grew and being 6'10 for 6 years. It depends. 

I feel like Trae is boom or bust. He can be amazing or amazingly bad and it all depends on his development. I would see him like Doncic if he had more speed in terms of players who can really improve if everything is right. I would love him to have a coach like Doc Rivers.

I just do not see how people can say that about Bagley when he is easily the worst defensive big in the draft and is so limited with his offensive skill set.  It blows the mind.  At best, he is similar to Amare Stoudemire.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Floor is what they are right now. Ayton floor is Brook Lopez current form with the Lakers.

Ayton is a much better prospect and talent than Cousins at this stage.

I won't argue semantics anymore, but you're basically saying his worst case is developing into Cousins which is insanely high praise. And he's not even your #1. I just think you're exaggerating quite a bit on some of these guys. But obviously I'll be right there with you hoping for the best if we draft one of 'em. 

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I won't argue semantics anymore, but you're basically saying his worst case is developing into Cousins which is insanely high praise. And he's not even your #1. I just think you're exaggerating quite a bit on some of these guys. But obviously I'll be right there with you hoping for the best if we draft one of 'em. 

He's not my #1 because Bagley is my #1 not because he's not worthy of being #1. Bagley can be a very good player, not just rookie but player in year 1. I don't see any other player in this class being that good year 1 and Bagley has the most likely possibility to reach his ceiling regardless of system or coaching.

I been watching them all year. This is the best draft class in ages for the NBA. If we could get one Doncic, one Ayton, we have an excellent player in a class but 5 of these types of prospects is amazing. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I just do not see how people can say that about Bagley when he is easily the worst defensive big in the draft and is so limited with his offensive skill set.  It blows the mind.  At best, he is similar to Amare Stoudemire.  

How? He can defend 5 positions, he the only one who was asked to defend in space and cover space. Not just defend in space v. The PnR. He is the only one that has shown the quickness and lateral ability to defend PGs that's a big man. What's so hard not to see why many scouts love him including fans like me.

Limited offensive skill-set? :ahf:

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

How? He can defend 5 positions, he the only one who was asked to defend in space and cover space. Not just defend in space v. The PnR. He is the only one that has shown the quickness and lateral ability to defend PGs that's a big man. What's so hard not to see why many scouts love him including fans like me.

He can’t defend at all.  He is completely clueless when it comes to defense.  He can’t play man or zone.  Duke was better defensively when he was off the floor.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He can’t defend at all.  He is completely clueless when it comes to defense.  He can’t play man or zone.  Duke was better defensively when he was off the floor.  

We have literally seen him time and time again defend perimeter players successfully. Why do you keep telling yourself this lie?

Duke couldn't play man because they couldn't communicate as an unit, not due to Bagley. He still a WIP on defense but to say he can't defend is a lie.

He was rarely off the floor for Duke for starters. If Bazemore plays 5 minutes and the team is giving up 3.5 possession, it means nothing as he's barely on the floor and it's during garbage time. Dude, why are you so against a freak once in a generation talent?

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We have literally seen him time and time again defend perimeter players successfully. Why do you keep telling yourself this lie?

Duke couldn't play man because they couldn't communicate as an unit, not due to Bagley. He still a WIP on defense but to say he can't defend is a lie.

He was rarely off the floor for Duke for starters. If Bazemore plays 5 minutes and the team is giving up 3.5 possession, it means nothing as he's barely on the floor and it's during garbage time. Dude, why are you so against a freak once in a generation talent?

Because he is not a generational talent.  He’s terrible defensively.  He is not a shooter.  He’s not a guy who can create off the dribble.  He’s a terrible passer.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Because he is not a generational talent.  He’s terrible defensively.  He is not a shooter.  He’s not a guy who can create off the dribble.  He’s a terrible passer.  

He is a generational talent. He is practically unstoppable on offense in terms of projections. He defends space, although quite poorly, he has done it. Tatum did so last year and poorly and he does it this year and quite well. He can defend 5 positions. He has the potential to be a plus shooter. 

He creates in isolation better than any prospect in this class that's a big. Are you watching his games? He's a menace in isolation. Especially true isolation which rarely happens in college Basketball. He's a willing passer and that's what I look for at this stage. He also has some flash in terms of passing as he's shown with Carter Jr 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He doesn’t have the handle to play in isolation.  

He has good handles for a PF and he hasn't even had pre draft or an off-season yet. No telling how good his handles will be in October and he has more than enough handles right now to cause trouble for NBA defenders