• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You took the words right out of my mouth...That was a terrible post and was my biggest fear regarding the Hawks fan base.  The mere notion that the fan base would be ripping the Hawk organization for picking a good player that would threaten a desire to lose is just appalling!

This is so odd given that this was your “emotional” reaction to the Len signing:

18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This guy has almost no offensive skill!  Truly an emergency player.  Can't believe he was a drafted player let alone the 5th pick in the draft.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

This is so odd given that this was your “emotional” reaction to the Len signing:

Why is it odd?...  My complaint is about a poster not wanting to sign a player because he might me too good.  My concern was signing a player that I felt initially wasn't good enough.  So what are you trying to say?

58 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I only partially agree with you.  Your summary is too intellectually stated!  What that poster posted was not.  It was an emotional response to a move to signing a young player with size and some talent who might be a useful future asset on a winning team.  Sounds like he is too blinded by his convictions to losing and see the signing as an immediate obstacle to his dream of what he thinks should take place this season which is trying to win the lottery yet again.  The question for guys like this is when does it stop?  For some reason fans on this site have fallen in love with the destruction process to the point where its never enough.  We have 3 lottery picks on the team now with 1 that should have been and its still not enough. we will get 2 possible 3 more next year but will that be enough?  I say the posters that want this team to continue to lose this year are going too far.

I don't think I've seen anyone who wants to tank beyond this upcoming season. 2 seasons at the top of lottery is hardly extreme. 

The desire to have even one season at the top of the top of the lottery is extreme, because it will not be just one season, ever.  When you make that decision, you commit to multiple years of losing with no guarantee that you will ever win again. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

I don't think I've seen anyone who wants to tank beyond this upcoming season. 2 seasons at the top of lottery is hardly extreme. 

Do you think its a bad idea to sign players with size and some talent like Len who might be useful now and in the future while possibly diminishing the Hawks chances of winning the lottery this up coming season?

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The desire to have even one season at the top of the top of the lottery is extreme, because it will not be just one season, ever.  When you make that decision, you commit to multiple years of losing with no guarantee that you will ever win again. 

We could have used our cap to achieve the .500 record and first round exit that you desire this season. We'll have the same option next season and the season after. Schlenk is trying to win championships, not participation ribbons. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

We could have used our cap to achieve the .500 record and first round exit that you desire this season. We'll have the same option next season and the season after. Schlenk is trying to win championships, not participation ribbons. 

Who said anything about participation ribbons?  You don't win a championship by committing to losing.

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do you think its a bad idea to sign players with size and some talent like Len who might be useful now and in the future while possibly diminishing the Hawks chances of winning the lottery this up coming season?

19 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This guy has almost no offensive skill!  Truly an emergency player.  Can't believe he was a drafted player let alone the 5th pick in the draft.

Make up your mind.

• Like 1

:airquote:

"IF"  Wow!  Probably the biggest two letter word in the English language.

If everything goes as planned, the Hawk tank is over!  If our current roster can remain relatively healthy, the tank is over.  If our 19 year old super three draft picks are as good as we hope they are, they will cause our beloved Hawks to win some games.  If Jeremy Lin can remain healthy, he will be the cause of some victories.  If our other two new Hawks, Alex Len and Justin Anderson, can play good defense and can possibly rebound and block shots, whatever offense they bring will cause us to win some games.

Don't forget our veteran Hawks.  With Jeremy, we expect the other four starters to come out of that group. J. Lin is no rookie, therefore we have a veteran five.  A new, rookie head coach and a completely new system for all to learn and put into place.  It will take some time before players will just automatically do something without having to stop and think.  If they are smart enough, and we believe that they are, this will come sooner than later. 

If some of the other NBA teams are not really, really good, our Hawks should be able to play with them and win our share of games.  Atlanta will lose some of these games that they should have won.  But, some of those superior teams will occasionally drop a game to Atlanta.  That's how life goes.  You win some and you lose some.

The big IF!  Now, answer me this:  If Atlanta tanks away the next season instead of winning every game possible, what will they gain?  Sure, we lose our place in line for next year's draft.  Already, we have 2 or 3 draft picks.  Is there one that is so great and important that he is worth trashing our entire season for?  I don't think so.

The old man.  The eternal optimist.  The one who always wants the Hawks to hit every foul shot.

GO ATL HAWKS ! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think he will be a serviceable back up center with the potential to improve if someone can fix his foot work

But yet, you cant believe he was drafted? 

Just now, terrell said:

But yet, you cant believe he was even drafted? 

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bazemore, Dedmon and Lin weren't drafted.  What's your point?

Point is there arent that many 7'0 undrafted "serviceable backup centers with potential to improve" in the NBA..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Point is there arent that many 7'0 undrafted "serviceable backup centers with potential to improve" in the NBA..

I think he will be a serviceable back up center with the potential to improve if someone can fix his foot work

So you cant believe a 7'0 serviceable backup center with the potential to improve was drafted? Got it...

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Let it go brother you're sounding immature

Not. Youre the one who "Cant believe a 7'0 'serviceable backup center with potential to improve was even drafted? lol.  

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Not. Youre the one who "Cant believe a 7'0 'serviceable backup center with potential to improve was even drafted? lol.  

Dedmon is a serviceable back up center that wasn't draft who had more skill than Len.  Seems like you are looking for conflict.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Dedmon is a serviceable back up center that wasn't draft who had more skill than Len.  Seems like you are looking for conflict.

Dedmon defied the odds. It happens every now and then. That doesnt mean Len shouldnt of been drafted at all. Thats absurd..

Why is it odd?...  My complaint is about a poster not wanting to sign a player because he might me too good.  My concern was signing a player that I felt initially wasn't good enough.  So what are you trying to say?

So you don’t see an issue with launching into a manifesto over a poster thinking a player may be “too good” when you yourself think the player isn’t “good enough”?

I don’t know, maybe someone should type up a manifesto about how they’re fearful of the fan base, represented by posters like you, being overly negative of moves being made during this rebuild. *shrugs*

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

So you don’t see an issue with launching into a manifesto over a poster thinking a player may be “too good” when you yourself think the player isn’t “good enough”?

I don’t know, maybe someone should type up a manifesto about how they’re fearful of the fan base, represented by posters like you, being overly negative of moves being made during this rebuild. *shrugs*

Look dude, I'm just here to root for the team to win.  I'm here to talk to fellow fans that root for the team to win.  Why are you here?  To attack fans of the team?  Whatever float you boat my friend.