• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

Both Lavine and THJr have literally the same career TS%.  Whatever Lavine gets with more efficient 3's he is giving up with less efficient scoring elsewhere.

I'd sooner kick the tires on Tyus Jones than Zach Lavine.

Have y'all seen LaVine last season? He's way better than Tyus Jones. At PG he probably looks lost, but if we don't ask him to facilitate he can score the ball well. If Hardaway showed up in the playoffs he'd might still be a Hawk, but I don't really miss him anyways. LaVine has more tools than Hardaway, when you think about how the Hawks helped refine Hardaway's game imagine what we could do for LaVine.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm fine for Lavine if he recovers health but not at a freaking max price.

We'll get a chance to see how he recovered but I think come back strong. The contract doesn't have to be max but whatever amount the Bulls won't match. I have no idea what they plan to pay him, but I do think they have a number, and its less than LaVine's.

I think he can take it to another level once he's healthy. Every season he's made improvements and I see that trend continuing in Chicago or wherever he keeps playing. Even though the defense is bad, he's cut down on turnovers and improved his efficiency each season.

Rodney Hood however is another guy perhaps that could be signed at SG.

• Moderators

Kinda wonder what some people were watching last year.  Lots of ugly games with big increases in payroll coming and no path to improvement in future years.  Negative point differential - luck of the draw that we won as many games as we did.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

One more finals appearance than the Hawks have in their entire history in Atlanta let alone wins past the first or second round.  The only things I question about their build is letting Harden go and signing onto Billy Donovan's no good, very bad no structure offense.

I thought "winning it all" was the original plan. They drafted 3 (THREE!) superstars and didn't win it all. Then their best player left them (obviously) and now they're not contenders anymore. Maybe they should tank the season as well, in hopes for someone to save them.

What makes one think this will work for the Hawks is beyond my understanding.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I thought "winning it all" was the original plan. They drafted 3 (THREE!) superstars and didn't win it all. Them their best player left (obviously) and now they're not contenders anymore. Maybe they should tank the season as well, in hopes for someone to save them.

What makes one think this will work for the Hawks is beyond my understanding.

Don't want to divert this into tanking talk so let's redirect to that thread if you want to talk about the championship teams that start from a core of talent like last year's Hawks and win rings without going into the lottery.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:33 PM, nathan2331 said:

I don't hate it anymore than I hated seeing us get bounced out of the first round of the playoffs.

This. So much this. 

• Like 2