• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

If they did really understand what they had already, all 3 of these teams would have spent more time building in the draft and less time taking stupid gambles trying to win now that set back their team building for years.

Schlenk has been here less than a year so I don't know who they you are referring to

If Travis goal is to get young, we have the draft ammo to accomplish that with 4 picks inside the top 36. At least the odds will be in our favor if nothing else. I am not sure holding onto to vets will be his priority.

Trading Ersan, Marco, or Dedmon would not shock me and neither would letting every expiring contract player walk next year. There is a reason for all our one year contracts under Travis and we will see the turn over sooner or later.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk has been here less than a year so I don't know who they you are referring to

Sacramento, Orlando and Phoenix.  All tried to "win now" when they should have tried to build.

Example:  

2015 - Sacramento wants to "win now" instead of continuing to build through the draft.  They trade away their 2019 first round pick with no protections so they can clear cap space and sign Rajon Rondo and Kosta Koufos.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If Travis goal is to get young, we have the draft ammo to accomplish that with 4 picks inside the top 36. At least the odds will be in our favor if nothing else. I am not sure holding onto to vets will be his priority.

The team's core is pretty young...Average age of the team is 26

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Thought this was funny/interesting...  

0F43F23D-8728-4927-B836-F77F6F627C2E.png7D57BB07-4B96-42C3-B7C6-2F034ECC6B3A.png

Back in 2004, we had these EXACT same arguments on the Squawk about Stotts, Bobby Sura, and the Free Agent Furies...  Funny thing is, years later (when the net result of those useless wins kicked in) nobody wanted to own up to “cheering our Hawks to victory” and shaming us “fake” Hawks fans for wanting losses and better draft position. 

History is repeating itself in the commentary...  I hope our actions on the court (and the panning of our eventual lottery pick) don’t follow suit.

Who was that generational talent we missed out on by winning too many games? Andrew Bogut?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who was that generational talent we missed out on by winning too many games? Andrew Bogut?

Wasted a lot of time here 14 years ago on that argument. Not gonna jump on the Merry-Go-Round again.  I'll be sure to bump this thread for you though if/when we have an actual home-grown star in Atlanta. :biggrin:

(And for the record this time around...FUNK that meaningless-ass win, LOL!!!)

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Literally Dwight Howard (the carrying his team to the NBA Finals, 3x DPOY, 4x Top MVP Vote, the 8x consecutive All-NBA guy not the comparatively broken down guy we saw last year).  Without those wins we would have had the #1 overall pick combination.  Instead we had Josh Childress.

Much of his career was spent struggled to beat the Hawks in the playoffs while in Orlando right

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

download.jpg

Didnt the Hawks pass on Andre Igadala to draft Childress?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Much of his career was spent struggled to beat the Hawks in the playoffs while in Orlando right

Wrong.  

They met only twice.

Orlando won 6 games and lost 4 games.

961 points for Orlando and 

849 points for Atlanta

Average game score: 

Orland 96 - Atlanta 85

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wrong.  

They met only twice.

Orlando won 6 games and lost 4 games.

961 points for Orlando and 

849 points for Atlanta

Average game score: 

Orland 96 - Atlanta 85

Not a significant difference even though Atlanta made significant drafting errors

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Basically the same....other than the fact that Orlando made the Conference Finals 3 consecutive years and the NBA finals during his prime.

Kind of more than three times better than the entire history of the Hawks.

The drafting errors killed the Hawks not necessarily not drafting Howard

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The drafting errors killed the Hawks not necessarily not drafting Howard

I don't disagree we had a horrible run in the BK years. But if we drafted Deng or Andre, do we have a shot at CP3 the next season? If we drafted CP3, do we have a shot at Al Horford? And I don't even want to talk about the Shelden Williams pick that happened between Marvin and Horford.

Lord, what a lottery nightmare!