• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If BIG IF, If Bud leaves and we are well compensated, who should we bring in

NBASupes

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

A complete wild card for what will soon be an open spot in Atlanta could very well be a guy they had some interest in for the GM position last year - Brent Barry.

I would be very intrigued by Barry. He routinely offers keen insights that, in my opinion, show him to be superior to many of the so-called A-listers on television.

• Premium Member

No doubt in my mind that Bud is on his way out and it's a shame.  That said, Schlenk is a proponent of pace and space basketball.  So, he will be picking a coach that shares that philosophy.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

Just now, Jody23 said:

No doubt in my mind that Bud is on his way out and it's a shame.  That said, Schlenk is a proponent of pace and space basketball.  So, I could see him picking a coach that shares that philosophy.

He already has a coach that utilizes that philosophy.  This isn't about the style the coach uses.  This is about the direction one side of the organization wants to go in (losing), and the direction the coach wants to go in (winning).  

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, KB21 said:

He already has a coach that utilizes that philosophy.  This isn't about the style the coach uses.  This is about the direction one side of the organization wants to go in (losing), and the direction the coach wants to go in (winning).  

Schlenk isn't only one that doesn't want him, Phoenix didn't want him either along with all of the other non playoff teams! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think it’s deeper than that KB21 or else he probably wouldn’t be interviewing with other lottery teams. I think it’s an “old vs new” conflict where Bud represents traditional basketball management/ideals and Schlenk representing the latter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk isn't only one that doesn't want him, Phoenix didn't want him either along with all of the other non playoff teams! 

If Phoenix didn't want him, they would not have interviewed him.  Robert Sarver is a known tight wad and likely would not meet the contractual demands it would take to get a coach the caliber of Bud.  The Suns will continue to be a bottom feeding team with their cheap hire.  

24 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I think it’s deeper than that KB21 or else he probably wouldn’t be interviewing with other lottery teams. I think it’s an “old vs new” conflict where Bud represents traditional basketball management/ideals and Schlenk representing the latter.

I don't think that's it, because Bud is a very analytics savvy head coach.  This isn't an old school vs new school thing.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If Phoenix didn't want him, they would not have interviewed him.  

It was just an interview and it went nowhere!  So no...Phoenix did not want him!  An interview is set up to see whether or not you want to hire someone...You decide after the interview whether you should consider it.  Phoenix made it clear pretty quickly!

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It was just an interview and it went nowhere!  So no...Phoenix did not want him!  An interview is set up to see whether or not you want to hire someone...You decide after the interview whether you should consider it.  Phoenix made it clear pretty quickly!

Whatever you want to think.  

But, but, but I thought the HAWKS were the biggest tightwads in the NBA. You mean there are cheapo teams out there not willing to pay Bud what the Hawks are already paying him. Does not compute, does not compute. Oh, it does, Hawks aren’t actually the cheapest skates around.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, DBac said:

I thought Bud withdrew his name anyway, not the other way around lol.

After he knew he wasn't going to be considered for the job.

In short, Budenholzer would have to be offered a job elsewhere (something that seemingly never transpired in Phoenix), agree to a contract with another team and, after that sequence was complete, the Hawks and his new employer would then engage in discussions surrounding potential compensation.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

After he knew he wasn't going to be considered for the job.

In short, Budenholzer would have to be offered a job elsewhere (something that seemingly never transpired in Phoenix), agree to a contract with another team and, after that sequence was complete, the Hawks and his new employer would then engage in discussions surrounding potential compensation.

I cant find this bit anywhere in the article that you linked.