• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Your takeaways from Schlenk's Bud-separation press conf?

sturt

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hey, look.  Hazer is buying into the lies from the Hawks front office again.

Yet another constructive, contributive, and original thought from the chiropractor.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, JTB said:

One thing that caught my attention is when the reporter asked if Schlenk would like the next head coaches input during the pre draft workouts and Schlenk response was “sure but not required”

thats a red flag to me. How are going to draft a player without the coaches input ?...being that the coach is the one that brings the scheme the team will run on offense and defense. 

How do you determine what players fit the scheme without a coaches input? ...that makes zero sense to me!

am I seeing this wrong? Is this how things are normally done in the nba?

That's because he's going to bring some ham and egger up from the D League and that coach will not object to GM/Owner interference.   Schlenk has no plan.  He just needs a fall guy who will lose for the next 3 to 4 seasons.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I agree. This came down to Bud wanting to leave and they let him. Schlenk looks a little shocked about the developments but he is staying the course. I am over Bud; let Bud move on.

I am sure Travis and Ressler are tired of talking about him. In two weeks or so Bud will be nothing more than a whisper in the Atlanta media.

Contract is a contract.   Schlenk seemed to have problems with Bud and Bud seemed to have problems with tanking. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Schlenk seemed to have problems with Bud and Bud seemed to have problems with tanking. 

Bingo. Mutual, consensual, non-contested divorce. 

• Premium Member

Face it folks, as long as I've been a fan this franchise is worse than I can even remember. Owner  and GM have no clue, Owner gets rid of a good head coach to side with a complete fool as GM.

10 years at least.  smdh  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 28/04/2018 at 11:16 AM, Vol4ever said:

Face it folks, as long as I've been a fan this franchise is worse than I can even remember. Owner  and GM have no clue, Owner gets rid of a good head coach to side with a complete fool as GM.

10 years at least.  smdh  

Wait. I seem to remember I was told the Hawks were going to the ECF in 5 years. What did go wrong? What changed???

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Wait. I seem to remember I was told the Hawks were going to the ECF in 5 years. What did go wrong? What changed???

They have yet to win a single game in the ECF in their entire history in Atlanta.  Who do you think guaranteed this?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Summa Donna, Mr. “Hawks will only win 11 games this year” :P

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Hawk88 said:

Bud got fired for screwing the Hawks by winning meaningless games.  He really screwed us unless we get lucky in the lottery.  Best of luck to him, not.  

He did what he was paid to do. coach the team. If Schlenk didn't want to compete, he must have had fired Bud at the beginning of the season. He screwed Bud's plans by sending Ilya and Marco away. Bud did nothing wrong, he only did his job.

50 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

He did what he was paid to do. coach the team. If Schlenk didn't want to compete, he must have had fired Bud at the beginning of the season. He screwed Bud's plans by sending Ilya and Marco away. Bud did nothing wrong, he only did his job.

Bud quit on the tank. Whether Ressler, Schlenk, Ferry, Nique or Bob Rathbun assisted in any way, he left.  I'm over it.  Ready for a new coach and new players.  I may be the only wanting to see if Schlenk knows what he's doing.  Skeptical or not, let's do this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Well, at least I'm not ashamed to say I was wrong. Are you? :laugh:

HELL naw, I’m wrong half the time. 50% ain’t bad! :sarcastic:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

Bud quit on the tank. Whether Ressler, Schlenk, Ferry, Nique or Bob Rathbun assisted in any way, he left.  I'm over it.  Ready for a new coach and new players.  I may be the only wanting to see if Schlenk knows what he's doing.  Skeptical or not, let's do this.

...as he should have.  Bud was going to end up being the fall guy for all the losing the Hawks will do under Travis Schlenk, so why not leave and not let that effect his record?  Bud's too great of a coach to go through a process as stupid as tanking.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

...as he should have.  Bud was going to end up being the fall guy for all the losing the Hawks will do under Travis Schlenk, so why not leave and not let that effect his record?  Bud's too great of a coach to go through a process as stupid as tanking.

He embraced it in the beginning and said he'd like to see the Hawks get back to winning and he was "all-in.". Neither here nor there now.  It's stupid now that he doesn't embrace it? Whatever. 

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

He embraced it in the beginning and said he'd like to see the Hawks get back to winning and he was "all-in.". Neither here nor there now.  It's stupid now that he doesn't embrace it? Whatever. 

The correct statement is that he was never on board with the tanking, but there were no avenues for him to pursue another job last year.  So, he took a one year blemish on his record to get to this off season.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The correct statement is that he was never on board with the tanking, but there were no avenues for him to pursue another job last year.  So, he took a one year blemish on his record to get to this off season.

So he is a liar.  Just like Schlenk.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No, because he never once stated that "I'm on board with this".  

So when he enthusiastically was supporting the direction of the team last year you think he didn't know what the direction actually was and you think he thought we were legit trying to make the playoffs last year.

Just now, AHF said:

So when he enthusiastically was supporting the direction of the team last year you think he didn't know what the direction actually was and you think he thought we were legit trying to make the playoffs last year.

I'm telling you straight up, no matter how much you want to try and twist it, that Bud was NEVER on board with tanking.  Not then.  Not now.  Not ever.

It's kind of like when Brad Stevens told the Celtics that he would not take their job if they were tanking.