• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Your takeaways from Schlenk's Bud-separation press conf?

sturt

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see that as idiotic at all.  We won 24 games trying to lose games - some more blatant than others.

Dedmon missed 20 games which also overlapped with John Collins missing games also overlapping with Muscala missing games all BEFORE the Allstar game.

I will surmise if all were healthy our record would have been better before the AS break. Add in the season ending 'injuries' to Bazemore and Dennis, the trade of Illy and Beli this team would have easily hit 30 wins.

You asked why Babbit played over Illyasova.

I gotta ask you this Jaybird since you are a trusted honest poster...Do you think that Bud was throwing many of those games with those odd line ups and minutes restrictions on the better players and then changed up at the end of the season?

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I gotta ask you this Jaybird since you are a trusted honest poster...Do you think that Bud was throwing many of those games with those odd line ups and minutes restrictions on the better players and then changed up at the end of the season?

Sometimes I think he was 'experimenting' with lineups and the offensive sets. Some lineups were real head scratchers.

At the end of the season, no Baze and Denis and limited minutes for Dedmon. I think it was the Suns or Magic  game he had Moose at SF so you know he wasn't trying to win that game.

The game where Prince went nuts and won the game, I think Bud just couldn't help himself, when the competitive juices start going you want your young players who you hope will be on the team to get their win and put up numbers. Blame the Wiz and Selts for taking the Hawks likely.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes I think he was 'experimenting' with lineups and the offensive sets. Some lineups were real head scratchers.

At the end of the season, no Baze and Denis and limited minutes for Dedmon. I think it was the Suns or Magic  game he had Moose at SF so you know he wasn't trying to win that game.

What do you think the Gm's around the league with openings at head coach think about that crazy stuff they saw during the year and then he quits because he is against tanking?

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What do you think the Gm's around the league with openings at head coach think about that crazy stuff they saw during the year and then he quits because he is against tanking?

I honestly think Pud has tarnished himself. It was a real bad look. I know he’s dead to me now because he’s a flaky chicken$hit. Just like Whorefart. When I’m with ya, MAN I’m with ya. But don’t betray me, we done.

• Premium Member
On 5/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, Peoriabird said:

GMs are in 4 categories:

1. Tanking/rebuilding (like the Magic and Kings)

2. Trying desperately to make the playoffs (like Denver and Minny)

3. Trying to be better in the playoffs or just stay in the playoffs (like the Hawks the last 10 and the Bucks now )

4. Those legitimately competing for champions

Most GMs want a coach who want what they want - Bud fits in categories 2-4. I don't think most GMs care. If they are interested in seeing their players develop and want to win games they should have no issue hiring Bud.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GMs are in 4 categories:

1. Tanking/rebuilding (like the Magic and Kings)

2. Trying desperately to make the playoffs (like Denver and Minny)

3. Trying to be better in the playoffs or just stay in the playoffs (like the Hawks the last 10 and the Bucks now )

4. Those legitimately competing for champions

Most GMs want a coach who want what they want - Bud fits in categories 2-4. I don't think most GMs care. If they are interested in seeing their players develop and want to win games they should have no issue hiring Bud.

I thought Memphis was the best fit for Bud. They are so far in cap hell winning is their only option. All they want is the playoffs; and Bud could probably be close to delivering that on a yearly basis once Conley is back. He might have been able to turn Parsons game around.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2