• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

....and here's the biggest reason he is going to get the job (as I stated above before this news ever broke):

“They’ve got a lot of young players on the roster,” Pierce said. “It’s a similar situation to what we’ve been here in the last five years. So that probably had something to do with” the Hawks interest.

He's being hired to be the sacrificial lamb for the multi year tank Travis is putting this organization through.

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ascending head coach?  LOL.

A well educated informative post KB. Why you have not been at least warned for trolling is beyond me.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ascending head coach?  LOL.

LOL, reading and comprehension fundametals required....ascending head coaching CANDIDATE!!!!!

Simply meaning, he's outpacing the other candidates perhaps.

You are so quick to be negative you missed the quote in its entirety.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A well educated informative post KB. Why you have not been at least warned for trolling is beyond me.

I'm not trolling, but I'm also not someone that anyone is going to tell what I can and can't post.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

LOL, reading and comprehension fundametals required....ascending head coaching CANDIDATE!!!!!

JayBird, JayBird, JAYBird. But that doesn’t fit his narrative where in his fantasy world he’s always right. Come on now...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and here's the biggest reason he is going to get the job (as I stated above before this news ever broke):

He's being hired to be the sacrificial lamb for the multi year tank Travis is putting this organization through.

I’mo put this right here, again, one more time, in case you might think you know better than a professional analyst, league execs, and veteran players who actually know the man:

Recently, ESPN’s Kevin Arnovitz wrote the following about Pierce as a head coaching prospect:

Philadelphia assistant Lloyd Pierce is a name to watch in the coming years. He was named by the most diverse set of sources, from technocratic execs to veteran players. They admire his gravitas and cerebral strategic approach, but also value his ability to establish trust with players from LeBron James to Dario Saric.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

Just now, hazer said:

I’mo put this right here, again, one more time, in case you might think you know better than a professional analyst, league execs, and veteran players who actually know the man:

Recently, ESPN’s Kevin Arnovitz wrote the following about Pierce as a head coaching prospect: 

What other teams want him as head coach?

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

What other teams want him as head coach?

You’d need to ask Kevin Arnovitz who those “most diverse set of sources” are to know which executives are speaking so highly of Pierce and have an eye on him to know the answer to that question.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Please do not mention tanking in this thread.  There is a dedicated thread for that.   I want this thread to stay on coaching news only.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I try to stay away from those who are quick to say I am wrong; but cannot for their own life say why they are right. LOL and you are wrong because I am smart and say so is some of their strongest arguments.

I like Pierce, he finished his college education. He has European playing experience along with College and NBA coaching experience. Former players and employers seem to like him. His college reportedly wants him back as their head coach they like him so much.

Bud bailed and we have no choice but to move on. Hopefully by the end of next week, our player prospect workouts will be with our new head coach in the audience,

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Please do not mention tanking in this thread.  There is a dedicated thread for that.   I want this thread to stay on coaching news only.

I'm not sure why you want to talk about the coaching search and not mention the negative impact that tanking has upon that search.

18 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'm not sure why you want to talk about the coaching search and not mention the negative impact that tanking has upon that search.

Typical :no: bait. Stay on topic.

Interesting tidbit from Woj

As Atlanta moves into a complete rebuild, Pierce's experience with the Philadelphia experiment and his strong background in player development have made a strong impression on Schlenk, league sources said. Pierce has been an assistant for 11 years in the NBA, including with Cleveland, Golden State, Memphis and the Sixers.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I try to stay away from those who are quick to say I am wrong; but cannot for their own life say why they are right. LOL and you are wrong because I am smart and say so is some of their strongest arguments.

Oh have you not heard? It’s the supposed superior degree, higher pay grade ;)

• Like 2

Just now, hazer said:

Oh have you not heard? It’s the supposed superior degree, higher pay grade ;)

My turn now LOL. I did get a good laugh and not being sarcastic. Now the sarcastic part, for some, it is our college education that makes us NBA experts in judging everything. Even people we have never stood beside much less ran a background check on and interviewed.

All kidding aside, Pierce has a good resume, judging from that I like him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok what’s the scoop on Lloyd Pierce? I won’t knock the hiring until I know a bit more.

You are supposed to be positive about the hiring whether there is anything positive about it or not.