• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Search is over; Pierce is the man!

Buzzard

1 minute ago, mcleitsy said:

Cool. I looked up a few segments he did while a 76ers assistant. He seems well spoken and looks the part of a leader. Can't way to see how we scheme. I wonder what he's going to do for assistants....I hope Ham gets the chance to stick around. 

I watched a little of the sideline shots of him also. He seems composed but has an intensity about him that I like. I never saw him screaming down at a player but you can see in his eyes he is serious.

4 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

Cool. I looked up a few segments he did while a 76ers assistant. He seems well spoken and looks the part of a leader. Can't way to see how we scheme. I wonder what he's going to do for assistants....I hope Ham gets the chance to stick around. 

Look over in the Coach Search thread where we’ve posted some deeper cuts on Pierce. Some good info. One analyst said he had the broadest interest and talk as the next thing than any other assistant currently. And was strongly considered for 6ers HC job before they hired Brown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is a good deal for us. If Pierce proves himself fit we have him locked up for four years; if not we can cut our losses and hire someone else.  I do hope he works out to be a brilliant hire but that is how you negotiate!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

I’ll need to look up some of these videos. I think it’s extremely important to be well spoken in a leadership position. I remember listening to Larry Drew “umm and uhh” his way through interviews and thought I’d never buy in to what he was saying because it doesn’t even sound like he knew or believed what he was saying.

• Like 3

Just now, Twinblade said:

Rather be a "Debbie Downer" than have false hope to a team that will never win a championship.

You could make that statement about 1/3 the teams in the league so far and be right. Maybe you do not understand the concept that this is a Hawks BB.  We are one of 19 teams in the league to win one. We won one as the St. Louis Hawks in 1957/58 in case you are a NBA history buff.

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Look over in the Coach Search thread where we’ve posted some deeper cuts on Pierce. Some good info. One analyst said he had the broadest interest and talk as the next thing than any other assistant currently. And was strongly considered for 6ers HC job before they hired Brown.

I read that also. He seems like a smart guy and no one says anything bad about him. Only praise from former players and employers is all I can find.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You could make that statement about 1/3 the teams in the league so far and be right. Maybe you do not understand the concept that this is a Hawks BB.  We are one of 19 teams in the league to win one. We won one as the St. Louis Hawks in 1957/58 in case you are a NBA history buff.

If you haven't noticed, the league is rigged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

I have no idea how well he will do here so I'll be optimistic until he gives me a reason not to. 

He has the experience and the resume. He must have been a good interview as well. Nothing is guaranteed but I think Schlenk did his due diligence while not locking us up for five years with a rookie coach. Anyone here remember BK and Woody?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He'll get at least a 2 year pass.  By Year 3, the heat will turn up on both Pierce and Schlenk.  Year 4 will be a must "make the playoffs" for both guys.

I think Pierce will be evaluated every year on how our players develop. Wins and losses are going to be just as much on Schelnk's drafts and trades as they are on coaching. Anyone can make the playoffs with a Durant, Bron, Curry, Harden, or Westbrook. But you have to hit home runs and draft those guys first.

• Like 2