Buzzard

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kokosov - 3years

Fizdale and Boreggo - 4 years

Pierce - 3+1 years

Snyder 4 years

McMillan - 3years

3-4 years is typical.

So it seems JAYBIRD. At least Schlenk understands market value and did not go over board.

• Like 3

I don't expect him to be the same tactician as Bud, but I do expect similar young player development.

Do I expect him to get the best out of journeymen free agents like Dedmon and Carroll? nah. It'll be a bonus for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This was a good hire. When you refuse to hire a retread and you are picking from assistants you have to get one with experience developing players. Pierce has that in spades with where he has been. His HC in Philly has raved about him to anyone that would listen. He's their assistant coach that was always on the players about defense and sharing the ball in huddles and in practice.

We could have done a lot worse. We don't know what his X's and O's ability will be but everything else is checked off.

I know one person will find something to complain about with the new coach but I hope everyone else will at least give him a chance before making judgements.

From what I heard he was Brett's right hand man. Perfect to start off our "Process South" era.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Love It!!!  Maybe LP can get these players to play for him and Maybe fre agents might want to come here now.  See Baze already likes it!  Wonder which players don't speak out in favor of Bud

No offense but Baze is a goner this offseason IMO. With Bud gone, it is now put up or shut up for Dennis IF he survives this offseason.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

No offense but Baze is a goner this offseason IMO. With Bud gone, it is now put up or shut up for Dennis IF he survives this offseason.

If they can get someone to take his contract. He did at least play ok this past year up to his injury to end the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We will see what Lloyd can do with him. Dumping 19 million a year is a lot easier said than done.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Why do you think Baze is a goner?

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

If they can get someone to take his contract. He did at least play ok this past year up to his injury to end the season.

Shooting 40% from 3 this year and turning 29 in July, I feel Baze has peaked and we have to get rid of him while we can. We can now sell him as an elite 3 and D player to a playoff team trying to get over the hump.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think we are at least one more season into this with Baze and Dennis. Unloading Baze is a tough out while PGs are not exactly a hot commodity anymore. Just about all the playoff teams have one that is equal or better then Dennis and most of the lottery teams have young cheap ones on their roster.

The Cavs off the top of my head could use one.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We will see what Lloyd can do with him. Dumping 19 million a year is a lot easier said than done.

He is not shooting better than 40% from 3 again. He might actually be a net positive (contract and all) in this 3D fiending market. He goes back to 34% and the contract looks like one of the worse again.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do you think Baze is a goner?

His value is at his absolute highest it will ever be. Sell high.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

He is not shooting better than 40% from 3 again. He might actually be a net positive (contract and all) in this 3D fiending market. He goes back to 34% and the contract looks like one of the worse again.

His value is at his absolute highest it will ever be. Sell high.

Sounds like one man's opinion to me!

26 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

I don't expect him to be the same tactician as Bud, but I do expect similar young player development.

Do I expect him to get the best out of journeymen free agents like Dedmon and Carroll? nah. It'll be a bonus for sure. 

Redick just had one of the best seasons of his career in Philly. I am not going to give Lloyd all the credit for everything; but I am not willing to sell him short just yet either. That Memphis team he was with was stacked with veterans.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like one man's opinion to me!

Make it two. I’d love to have him for his positivity and his presence on a young team, but at his salary I’d much rather sell high. It’s partially a Baze thing, but it’s really about how much we pay him.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Make it two. I’d love to have him for his positivity and his presence on a young team, but at his salary I’d much rather sell high. It’s partially a Baze thing, but it’s really about how much we pay him.

Why are y'all so convinced that Baze can't get better?  Didn't Sap get better later?  What about Horford? Korver? Why do you guys hate this guy so much?

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

I am with you on the pay part. 18 or more million a year should be for someone who can put up more than 13 points per game. 12.9ppg, 3.8rpg, and 3.5apg is just stupid for that much money. Kyle Korver was doing that for I think 8 million a year lmao.

Just a reminder for why this guy is getting the job:

The key phrase there is LONG TERM, as that is what this so called rebuild is going to be.  It's going to be years before this team competes for anything other than ping pong balls.