• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I won't fight you on your opinion.  We simply disagree.

To me, he's a guy who can only play 1 way and needs too many things to go juuust right in order for him to succeed.  He's absolutely a boom or bust prospect. 

I'd prefer to go with a guy with great potential but who could athletically do or be an asset even if he doesn't hit his ceiling.

Fair enough.

I think he is actually one of the safer picks in the draft really. Again my opinion. For the people who have watched him critically, there’s 2 things he already has the will immediately translate. His shooting ability and his vision/passing. Both should easily translate and give him something to build upon. Will he be able to improve his defense to the point where he’s not a liability on the floor ? Will he be as effective off the dribble in the pros ? Will he be able to leverage his shooting ability to become someone who can be great off the ball ? I’m of the opinion he will be fine with the latter two. I don’t think he will ever progress to the point where he’s even average defensively though. He’s a player that I just can’t imagine being a complete bust.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The folks touting Young choose to ignore all that and the halfcourt shots and the fact that he was pretty bad once the 'book' was out on him and it was clear he was incapable of playing off the ball (which is a major part of what makes Curry special, btw).

Curry, by the way, is so good off the ball because he was a shooting guard up until his last season at Davidson. Young is a point guard.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley is the best freshman offensive player in Basketball history. Passing on him would he a massive mistake.

You always have to be EXTRA :laugh1:....history you say???

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Has there been an offensive freshman as good as Bagley? 

Yes.  Several.

OBPM ratings of true freshman:

1.  Trae Young 11.2

2.  Lonzo Ball 8.7

3.  D'Angelo Russell 8.7

4.  Cody Zeller 8.3

5.  Marcus Howard 8.2

6.  Jamaal Murray 8.1

7.  Anthony Davis 7.8

8.  Lauri Markkanen 7.8

9.  Marvin Bagley III 7.7

10.  Markelle Fultz 7.7

He's not even the best offensive player in his class.  That is Trae Young.

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  Several.

1.  Trae Young 11.2

2.  Lonzo Ball 8.7

3.  D'Angelo Russell 8.7

4.  Cody Zeller 8.3

5.  Marcus Howard 8.2

6.  Jamaal Murray 8.1

7.  Anthony Davis 7.8

8.  Lauri Markkanen 7.8

10.  Markelle Fultz 7.7

Where does your guy Jackson rank here?

27 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Beasley, Carmelo, Durant?? I'm sure I'm missing a handful. 

Beasley had the Trae Young situation. Bad team, was able to play to his strengths and hide his weaknesses till conference play. 

Durant is that one player on that level. Melo was inefficient as shit. People tend to overrate his PPG but his play wasnt that impressive. Of course his player in the NCAA was excellent but so was his teammates and it was a historically weak NCAA tournament that season. But Durant and Bagley for me

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  Several.

1.  Trae Young 11.2

2.  Lonzo Ball 8.7

3.  D'Angelo Russell 8.7

4.  Cody Zeller 8.3

5.  Marcus Howard 8.2

6.  Jamaal Murray 8.1

7.  Anthony Davis 7.8

8.  Lauri Markkanen 7.8

10.  Markelle Fultz 7.7

Lol, this list is trash. 

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anthony, Carmelo

Melo wasn't that impressive in terms of efficient play. I think we overrate his impact on that Cuse team as if Hakim Warrick or Gerry McNamara was on that squad

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Where does your guy Jackson rank here?

JJJ has an OBPM of 5.1 which is 83rd among freshmen in the report I ran.  His total BPM of 15.4 is the 3rd best among freshman, bested only by Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns.  

Just now, KB21 said:

JJJ has an OBPM of 5.1 which is 83rd among freshmen in the report I ran.  His total BPM of 15.4 is the 3rd best among freshman, bested only by Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns.  

How many times do you need to cite BPM for Jackson? It that is the only thing you know about basketball?

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

How many times do you need to cite BPM for Jackson? It that is the only thing you know about basketball?

Yes...

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I'm going to cite it as much as I damn well please.  Considering that the top four all time among freshmen in this class include Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, and Joel Embiid along with JJJ, I'd consider this a pretty damn good metric.  

I understand that his BPM stat completely destroys your assertion that JJJ doesn't contribute to his team's success, and that's why you choose to ignore the stat.  It also shows that Wendell Carter Jr contributed more to Duke's success than Marvin Bagley, which is another unpopular truth for you Bagley guys.

Just now, KB21 said:

I'm going to cite it as much as I damn well please.  Considering that the top four all time among freshmen in this class include Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, and Joel Embiid along with JJJ, I'd consider this a pretty damn good metric.  

I understand that his BPM stat completely destroys your assertion that JJJ doesn't contribute to his team's success, and that's why you choose to ignore the stat.  It also shows that Wendell Carter Jr contributed more to Duke's success than Marvin Bagley, which is another unpopular truth for you Bagley guys.

Only you are capable of deciding I can be destroyed by a stat lmao. I love it KB!