• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Only you are capable of deciding I can be destroyed by a stat lmao. I love it KB!

Simple reading comprehension goes a long way.  I feel like I'm dealing with some of my patient population in here at times.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Simple reading comprehension goes a long way.  I feel like I'm dealing with some of my patient population in here at times.

You are just dealing with people who make fun of your black and white views on what ever flavor of the day stat you like at the time. I know what you said and I inferred my on little funny remark into it.

Thanks for responding to the ribbing lmao again!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You are just dealing with people who make fun of your black and white views on what ever flavor of the day stat you like at the time. I know what you said and I inferred my on little funny remark into it.

Thanks for responding to the ribbing lmao again!

You still haven't comprehended what I've said.  Go on though.  Continue to think that Marvin Bagley will be a superstar player when he can't defend a chair.

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'm going to cite it as much as I damn well please.  Considering that the top four all time among freshmen in this class include Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns, and Joel Embiid along with JJJ, I'd consider this a pretty damn good metric.  

I understand that his BPM stat completely destroys your assertion that JJJ doesn't contribute to his team's success, and that's why you choose to ignore the stat.  It also shows that Wendell Carter Jr contributed more to Duke's success than Marvin Bagley, which is another unpopular truth for you Bagley guys.

Well again, I want Trae Young but I also want the team to go all in this year and trade their assets (including Dennis) to move into other slots as well.  The previously mentioned trades with NY to take on Noah for 9 and moving Dennis + 19 to get into the top 10 again is my idea of a successful draft year. If we are tanking for picks then by all means lets go all in this year and get the nonsense over quick.  I think we have the assets right now, without giving up our #1 next year to get 3 picks in the top 10 this year.  Schlenk just needs to grow a pair.

The BPM stat is impressive but again it is against large samples of inferior talent compared to the nightly grind of the NBA and weighs more heavily on the defensive end of the stat than the players you mentioned. I don't think he comes close to those numbers when you take away the zone.

KB...here is a list of those assets I'm talking about.

Picks - this year 19, 30, 34

Next year - Cleveland top 10 protected.

Plus future 1sts beyond next year.

Players

Dennis

Plumlee

Baze

Dorsey

Bembry

At 3 we take Bagley

Trade with Dallas @ 5. Sending Dennis + 19 for #5. Pick Trae Young or go early here for your boy if you're in charge and take Young at 8/9.

Trade with NY @ 9.  Sending choice of Bembry/Dorsey + 30 + 34 for #9 + Noah or Trade with Cleveland @8 with a similar trade to allow Cleveland (tax hell) to drop salary. Take whoever is left between Jackson, bridges, Doncic or (my pick) Michael Porter Jr.

We are young but stupid next year but would line up with Young/Taylor, Baze, Bembry or Dorsey, Prince, Collins, Bagley, either that #8/9 (lets say Porter Jr.) pick, Noah (or what Cleveland dumps), Plumlee and maybe Dedmon. You'd have more money than Beyonce to add 2 free agents and you're off growing/building.

You are fast, young and everyone on the list can or can learn to defend. You still have your first next year, your pg of the future and salary room for year 2/3/4 of the experiment.

The trick here is you have 30 million to spend (before moving Dennis) and no one worth anything will take that money. I think it is better spent taking on someone else's salary problem in exchange for picks in this draft.  Cleveland and NY are the key here. NY needs to drop Noah and Cleveland is in year 3 of the LT....that LT bill is going to be ugly next year if Lebron stays. Very, very ugly.

One quick note to clarify this. Even if Lebron takes his 35 million dollar salary and leaves, Cleveland is still over the cap next year with only 11 players signed. If Lebron leaves, there will be a fire sale in Cleveland. They can't afford to hit the LT again next year without a title run and if they do have a title run....that draft pick (8) is 3.46 million.  But as a repeat offender who will be over $20 million over the cap, that 8 pick will cost the team 3.46 million + 5.25x3.46million = $20.76 million.  That is right, if Cleveland doesn't move a player this year (ie Love) and Lebron stays, the first year cost of that number 8 pick will be over $20 million because of the $17 million dollar tax penalty.  Cleveland is looking to deal.  Every dollar they drop is approximately 4x the salary lost.  So pretend they traded you Kevin Love @ $24 million.  They could be saving $70 to $100 million depending upon where their final salary ends up.  Cleveland is in a bad way right now. This is why Lebron will leave.  Because they will still need to reshape the roster.

In NY's case. They have 11 players under contract and are only 3 million under the cap. They draft pick alone puts them over the cap with 3 players to sign.  Noah is due $18 million. If they want any chance of competing (and NY demands it), they need to move his salary so they can add a good player in trade.

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

One quick note to clarify this. Even if Lebron takes his 35 million dollar salary and leaves, Cleveland is still over the cap next year with only 11 players signed. If Lebron leaves, there will be a fire sale in Cleveland. They can't afford to hit the LT again next year without a title run and if they do have a title run....that draft pick (8) is 3.46 million.  But as a repeat offender who will be over $20 million over the cap, that 8 pick will cost the team 3.46 million + 5.25x3.46million = $20.76 million.  That is right, if Cleveland doesn't move a player this year (ie Love) and Lebron stays, the first year cost of that number 8 pick will be over $20 million because of the $17 million dollar tax penalty.  Cleveland is looking to deal.  Every dollar they drop is approximately 4x the salary lost.  So pretend they traded you Kevin Love @ $24 million.  They could be saving $70 to $100 million depending upon where their final salary ends up.  Cleveland is in a bad way right now. This is why Lebron will leave.  Because they will still need to reshape the roster.

In NY's case. They have 11 players under contract and are only 3 million under the cap. They draft pick alone puts them over the cap with 3 players to sign.  Noah is due $18 million. If they want any chance of competing (and NY demands it), they need to move his salary so they can add a good player in trade.

Cavs will not be making a move until the LeBron free agency drama is over. Players they could move for cap relief:

Love 24 million

Hill 19 million

Tristian 17.5

JR Smith 14.7

Clarkson 12.5

Korver 7.5

The only two players worth what they are being paid for a team like ours is Clarkson and Korver. A contender may view the high salaries differently. We could in theory take a combination of one of these: Love or Hill, along with Tristian. Or any other filler that hits Tristans 17.5 Million for Bazemore and Dennis. We could save them around 7 to 8 million in cap.

I honestly do not know how they can dump this much salary in one season. Unless they can find a trade partner who is under the cap, they have to take back close to 75 to 80% of what they trade.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

KB...here is a list of those assets I'm talking about.

Picks - this year 19, 30, 34

Next year - Cleveland top 10 protected.

Plus future 1sts beyond next year.

Players

Dennis

Plumlee

Baze

Dorsey

Bembry

At 3 we take Bagley

Trade with Dallas @ 5. Sending Dennis + 19 for #5. Pick Trae Young or go early here for your boy if you're in charge and take Young at 8/9.

Trade with NY @ 9.  Sending choice of Bembry/Dorsey + 30 + 34 for #9 + Noah or Trade with Cleveland @8 with a similar trade to allow Cleveland (tax hell) to drop salary. Take whoever is left between Jackson, bridges, Doncic or (my pick) Michael Porter Jr.

We are young but stupid next year but would line up with Young/Taylor, Baze, Bembry or Dorsey, Prince, Collins, Bagley, either that #8/9 (lets say Porter Jr.) pick, Noah (or what Cleveland dumps), Plumlee and maybe Dedmon. You'd have more money than Beyonce to add 2 free agents and you're off growing/building.

You are fast, young and everyone on the list can or can learn to defend. You still have your first next year, your pg of the future and salary room for year 2/3/4 of the experiment.

The trick here is you have 30 million to spend (before moving Dennis) and no one worth anything will take that money. I think it is better spent taking on someone else's salary problem in exchange for picks in this draft.  Cleveland and NY are the key here. NY needs to drop Noah and Cleveland is in year 3 of the LT....that LT bill is going to be ugly next year if Lebron stays. Very, very ugly.

I like your thinking but unfortunately Dennis' value is in the tank. He doesn't have the value to get to #5 even with adding #19.

I just can't see NYK moving out of #9 just to dump Noah particulary with Porzingas out for most of next season. They aren't contending so they should use their pick this year,  play for the lottery again in 2018-19 until Porzy returns.  They'd more than likely use the stretch provision on Noah either this or next season. They shouldn't be in a rush to dump Noah by getting completely out of the lottery. Plus the return you suggest going to NYK is brutal.

Cleveland is interesting, but with LeBron's FAcy status up in the air, it would be prudent for them to draft as if he wasn't returning, which is what I think they'll do and deal with FAcy and luxury tax after.

• Premium Member

Cavs will not be making a move until the LeBron free agency drama is over. Players they could move for cap relief:

Love 24 million

Hill 19 million

Tristian 17.5

JR Smith 14.7

Clarkson 12.5

Korver 7.5

The only two players worth what they are being paid for a team like ours is Clarkson and Korver. A contender may view the high salaries differently. We could in theory take a combination of one of these: Love or Hill, along with Tristian. Or any other filler that hits Tristans 17.5 Million for Bazemore and Dennis. We could save them around 7 to 8 million in cap.

I honestly do not know how they can dump this much salary in one season. Unless they can find a trade partner who is under the cap, they have to take back close to 75 to 80% of what they trade.

Hill's contract has a $1 mil guarantee in 2019, so he'll be a useful expiring. Same with JR Smith who's guarantee of $3.8 mil.

They'll have to take back some smaller bad salary though.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Love 24 million

Hill 19 million

Tristian 17.5

JR Smith 14.7

Clarkson 12.5

Korver 7.5

A team like the Kings, Suns, Magic can take Love. They are teams trying to be better or at least that's been the plan every year. They have a plethora of young guys they can send to Cavs.

• Premium Member

Well we are going to see what Schlenk is made of this draft for sure.  Im still not sold on our owner and front office.  I spoke with a former employee over the holiday weekend and they just smiled. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A team like the Kings, Suns, Magic can take Love. They are teams trying to be better or at least that's been the plan every year. They have a plethora of young guys they can send to Cavs.

But teams like the Kings Suns and Magic (although dumb enough) won’t  see Love as a building piece moving forward. 

Ps Do you know what plethora means jefe?

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Well we are going to see what Schlenk is made of this draft for sure.  Im still not sold on our owner and front office.  I spoke with a former employee over the holiday weekend and they just smiled. 

Ummm...were you engaged in Hawks talk when this gentleman smiled or did you just make his day?

Cuz that smile came outta nowhere I won’t lie..

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He is still solid as a stretch 4 or 5; but at 24 million a year most teams are looking for a little more than solid. Love is the the last player I want from them. When healthy, he is just good enough to possibly make us a 8th seed; but nothing else will come of it. You could be right about other teams wanting to get into the playoffs though.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ummm...were you engaged in Hawks talk when this gentleman smiled or did you just make his day?

Cuz that smile came outta nowhere I won’t lie..

Yep I was talking about the Hawks.   No biggie and would not say anything he just smiled. 

• Like 1

He is still solid as a stretch 4 or 5; but at 24 million a year most teams are looking for a little more than solid. Love is the the last player I want from them. When healthy, he is just good enough to possibly make us a 8th seed; but nothing else will come of it. You could be right about other teams wanting to get into the playoffs though.

Yes but not with Love. That’s the point I was trying to squash right there.

If the league says Dennis has no trade value, why does Love?

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Yes but not with Love. That’s the point I was trying to squash right there.

If the league says Dennis has no trade value, why does Love?

#1-Love does not kick people laying on the ground for one.

#2-Love does not go around bitching and asking for a trade via the media.

#3-Love's eFG was .552, which is the highest of his ten year career.

#3-Love is a five time all-star who still averaged 17.6, 9.3, while shooting .415 from the three point line.

Dennis has potential but potential does not get you 24 million a year in most cases.

16 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Man ... what the heck does this mean?  He smiled 'cause a hotchik passed by?  He smiled 'cause you had spinach in your teeth?  Was it just gas?

What are you trying to say, mayne?