• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am going against the consensus

Wurider05

5 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

So your telling me a guy that shot 47% from 3 his senior year and 86% from the free throw line can't really shoot it's hype? Lets not act like he's standing in the corner catching and shooting getting spoon fed either. There's a ton of off the dribbles in that number. If you want to tear him down you should talk about his thin body and ball handling. He's tweener defensively like your boy Donic not quick enough to guard 3s but doesn't have the body to play 4. I can have one suspect defender on my championship roster(Curry, Harden), but he better be a hell of a scorer this guy is. This guy is not perfect prospect there's no LeBron in this draft. 

@KB21please stop with the hype crap. All these players are hyped and none more than your love child Doncic. I'm glad he can dominate a league full of NBA rejects like Chris Singelton and Adreian Payne. And by dominate I mean average 15 points a game while shooting 31% from 3. Is it not the least bit concerning to you that a guy that's been professionally trained paid to play a sport since 13 is 31% 3 point shooter? Ever heard of the rule of 10,000? I would have to think Doncic is a lot closer to his 10,000 hours than Porter whose been coached by non professionals and attending high school. To fulfill his potential Doncic will need to be a great shooter because his lack on the athletic scale. He would be much better served playing off an Alpha then trying to be one. Also I suspect his rebounding won't translate to the NBA because most of them are flat footed or barely off the ground. Wasn't Miloš Teodosić dominating the Euro league? How did he do in the NBA this year? I'll wait for you to tell me.

I was more on board with Doncic when Bud was the coach because I thought his system would get the most out of him. I have no idea of his fit with Pierce, but I think he can be an allstar in the right system. 

Agreed...Doncic has fallen on my own personal list as well due to bud not being here.

i much rather we draft porter Jr 

7 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

So your telling me a guy that shot 47% from 3 his senior year and 86% from the free throw line can't really shoot it's hype? Lets not act like he's standing in the corner catching and shooting getting spoon fed either. There's a ton of off the dribbles in that number. If you want to tear him down you should talk about his thin body and ball handling. He's tweener defensively like your boy Donic not quick enough to guard 3s but doesn't have the body to play 4. I can have one suspect defender on my championship roster(Curry, Harden), but he better be a hell of a scorer this guy is. This guy is not perfect prospect there's no LeBron in this draft. 

@KB21please stop with the hype crap. All these players are hyped and none more than your love child Doncic. I'm glad he can dominate a league full of NBA rejects like Chris Singelton and Adreian Payne. And by dominate I mean average 15 points a game while shooting 31% from 3. Is it not the least bit concerning to you that a guy that's been professionally trained paid to play a sport since 13 is 31% 3 point shooter? Ever heard of the rule of 10,000? I would have to think Doncic is a lot closer to his 10,000 hours than Porter whose been coached by non professionals and attending high school. To fulfill his potential Doncic will need to be a great shooter because his lack on the athletic scale. He would be much better served playing off an Alpha then trying to be one. Also I suspect his rebounding won't translate to the NBA because most of them are flat footed or barely off the ground. Wasn't Miloš Teodosić dominating the Euro league? How did he do in the NBA this year? I'll wait for you to tell me.

I was more on board with Doncic when Bud was the coach because I thought his system would get the most out of him. I have no idea of his fit with Pierce, but I think he can be an allstar in the right system. 

Doncic is simply a far superior player and prospect when compared with Michael Porter Jr.  Their ball handling ability and basketball IQ isn't even close.  Doncic blows Porter Jr away.  Porter Jr was a 31% three point shooter with his EYBL and FIBA numbers combined, and that wasn't against professional players and grown men like Luka was facing.  Porter will never be a guy who can initiate an offense.  Doncic is an elite ball handler and a good shooter with elite potential as a shooter.  He's also an elite passer with elite court vision and a high level basketball IQ.  

Somehow Doncic's size feels underlooked to me.  While perhaps not a uppermost tier shooter, between his size, passing and shooting coupled with the current NBA atmosphere makes me cautiously optimistic.

Drafting is utter witchcraft with teams having spent a small fortune on all that entails for years and still it being what it is.  If the billion Dollar franchise generally has no clue, what hope is there for your garden variety sports website?

6 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Somehow Doncic's size feels underlooked to me.  While perhaps not a uppermost tier shooter, between his size, passing and shooting coupled with the current NBA atmosphere makes me cautiously optimistic.

Drafting is utter witchcraft with teams having spent a small fortune on all that entails for years and still it being what it is.  If the billion Dollar franchise generally has no clue, what hope is there for your garden variety sports website?

He’s going to be a unique combination of Joe Johnson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Ben Simmons. He just lacks the speed/quickness to get separation. He should be a really good player, but not a star like most believe. I see 2 or 3 All Star appearances in his future if he goes to a team like ours. If he can play off another elite creator, he would likely be in 4-6 ASGs. Also, he’s going to have to work really hard to not be a liability defensively. All of the above is contingent on him improving his shot. He will live and die by his jumper. That’s what scares me the most about him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Below the rim...no sir!

Them poor little white kids :P

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Doncic is simply a far superior player and prospect when compared with Michael Porter Jr.  Their ball handling ability and basketball IQ isn't even close.  Doncic blows Porter Jr away.  Porter Jr was a 31% three point shooter with his EYBL and FIBA numbers combined, and that wasn't against professional players and grown men like Luka was facing.  Porter will never be a guy who can initiate an offense.  Doncic is an elite ball handler and a good shooter with elite potential as a shooter.  He's also an elite passer with elite court vision and a high level basketball IQ.  

Why would Porter initiate your offense? He's a scorer not a PG. There is not a single scout or expert that questions Porter' s ability to shoot. Your basing your opinion on  an extremely small sample of one tournament in which he led them to a gold medal at age 16. I'm sure he's better now than he was in 2016. We will all be proven wrong or right very soon,  I can't wait to see the great Doncic in the NBA hope he does well, seems like nice kid.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Note: This pic took place at a nearby cul de sac and reffed by own very own town ref.. @kg01..

I thought it was at a damn private middle school.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Lots of above the room here.

I never seen those videos. Sure looks like I was wrong about him being below the rim. I probably should just say he doesn’t fit the elite athlete description he’s getting from other scouts.

16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Below the rim...no sir!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

Why would Porter initiate your offense? He's a scorer not a PG. There is not a single scout or expert that questions Porter' s ability to shoot. Your basing your opinion on  an extremely small sample of one tournament in which he led them to a gold medal at age 16. I'm sure he's better now than he was in 2016. We will all be proven wrong or right very soon,  I can't wait to see the great Doncic in the NBA hope he does well, seems like nice kid.

Someone asked why I wanted to see him play college this year.  This is why.  Small sample size against viable competition.  I want to see if his size advantage impacts his shooting numbers (he wouldn't enjoy the same size advantage in college that he did in HS and won't enjoy the same advantage in the NBA that he would have in college) and to see if he could create off the dribble at all against better than HS competition (where he did relatively little creating off the dribble).

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So...would you draft Kukoc #3?

I also think he's better than Kukoc.

I said before:

Draft BPA.

At #3, I'm leaning towards an offensive player. So Bagley. 

With Pierce as a defense 1st coach I would trust that he can at least make Bagley's defense passable.  

One of the knocks on our own John Collins was his putrid defense coming out of college. He was a fouling machine early in his NBA career, he got better as the season went along, so there's hope for Bagley.

Next offer Denver to take #14 and Faried for our capspace and pick #30.

Combine picks #14 and #19 to move up.

Sign Nerlens Noel to as our rim protector if Dedmon leaves. 

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Turner, Evan

No, Turner can't do anything off ball.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Turner, Evan

I think Turner is proof that even playing college ball can be misleading. He was off the charts good for his Ohio State team playing in one of the most competitive conferences in college. I don't envy a GMs job but I would give it shot at what they are paid yearly.

After I got fired, I would retire and travel the world :applause:

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I also think he's better than Kukoc.

I said before:

Draft BPA.

At #3, I'm leaning towards an offensive player. So Bagley. 

With Pierce as a defense 1st coach I would trust that he can at least make Bagley's defense passable.  

One of the knocks on our own John Collins was his putrid defense coming out of college. He was a fouling machine early in his NBA career, he got better as the season went along, so there's hope for Bagley.

Next offer Denver to take #14 and Faried for our capspace and pick #30.

Combine picks #14 and #19 to move up.

Sign Nerlens Noel to as our rim protector if Dedmon leaves. 

No, Turner can't do anything off ball.

I like the Faried and 14 for cap and 30 but hopefully we’d have some idea or trade in place with someone to move from 14,19 up to top 10? 

If so, grab (Bags Bamba) at 3 and Mikal at 9 or 10 or whichever prospect is there that’s left.

I see you Bird! Good lookin out! I see @kg01 woke up with cheese doodles on his face as usual. MORNING SUNSHINE! Lol.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, Spud2nique said:

I like the Faried and 14 for cap and 30 but hopefully we’d have some idea or trade in place with someone to move from 14,19 up to top 10? 

If so, grab (Bags Bamba) at 3 and Mikal at 9 or 10 or whichever prospect is there that’s left.

I see you Bird! Good lookin out! I see @kg01 woke up with cheese doodles on his face as usual. MORNING SUNSHINE! Lol.

Did you and jayu get that graymule-brand whuppin yet?

• Like 1