• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SLAM Article: Taurean Prince Puts On For His City

lethalweapon3

The addition of Coach Pierce is promising for both Prince and Collins. Prince has the tools to be a very good defender in this league. I’m actually shocked that he still hasn’t made huge strides under Coach Bud. When you think about how Dennis regressed as far as effort is concerned defensively, you have to wonder if the players started tuning him out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can’t edit...u can’t post pics...you can’t see who liked your posts....

yeaaaaa this is just like the squawk of old...

I'm guessing it's something about the *new* posters who have some kind of limits placed on them until they reach a certain level. I'll dig around after I get back from the Dream game and see if that's the case.

~lw3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm guessing it's something about the *new* posters who have some kind of limits placed on them until they reach a certain level. I'll dig around after I get back from the Dream game and see if that's the case.

~lw3

I was able to edit before the crash last week.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was able to edit before the crash last week.

That's helpful to know! I'm giving Admin a break since he's been 24-7 for the past couple weeks, but after the Holiday I'll ask about it!

~lw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

That's helpful to know! I'm giving Admin a break since he's been 24-7 for the past couple weeks, but after the Holiday I'll ask about it!

~lw3

I was also seeing who 'liked' my post...instead of 'someone'.

I can see who quotes me though.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I lost all my cool stuff like the handy twitter feed, etc.

Oh yeah, we all lost that. The source feed went out (before the season started, IIRC) and Admin didn't see an interest in paying to replace it.

~lw3

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Yeah that’s not it because I can’t either.

and well damn, I just realized that I’ve been posting at the Squawk for about 10 years now. Sheesh.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I lost all my cool stuff like the handy twitter feed, etc.

I tried to “like” this but I think that’s broken too. At least we have running water in our houses. Do you people realize that if you have running water when you wake up in the morning that you are living better than 70% of the world?

#squawkproblems #firstworldproblems #happymemorialdayweekendtoallhawkiesandtheirfams #loveeachother #livehealthy

• Like 3

Al and Thabo propped Bud’s defense up a whole lot when it was highly ranked.  At the same time he’s had below average to awful defenders at point.  

Such a weird defensive profile under Bud.  Some amazing things happened (Sap leading Bigs in steals and Kyle being a plus box defender in his time here.)  Also some awful things (still being middle of the pack in rebounding even with Dwight and giving up 700 threes to Cleveland).  I liked the Dedmon/Collins combo on defense more than many, or at least more than our 21st defensive ranking suggests.

I heard Pierce say he was “big” on social media.  I just can’t give him the benefit of the doubt right now and say without question Taurean will pick up where he left off closing the season out very strongly.

And I can only imagine what Baze will revert to.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It wasnt so much Bud changed his defense as it was, he just played with a lot less defensive talent 

No, he changed it based on the talent or lack thereof. Like anything, talent matters on both offense and defense.

• Like 2