• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chris Jent to stay in Atlanta

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Defending is not about lateral quickness or athleticism.  It is all about positioning.  You have to understand your positioning, understand your foot work, understand the concept of team defense.  Luke Doncic will be a good defender in the NBA a lot sooner than Marvin Bagley will be a good shooter because of his (Doncic's) basketball IQ.  He's a much smarter player than Bagley.

And of course you have to understand those concepts by the age of 18 otherwise you will never understand them...Gotcha!

14 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's clearly not a natural shooter.  He doesn't get much vertical explosion on his jumpers.  His arm angle is less than 90 degrees.  He has to load up to get his shot off.  He will likely never be able to shoot off the dribble.

He will likely never be able to shoot off the dribble, I agree. I don’t think that will severely limit his offensive game. 

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

who?:blink:

The only thing that surprises me about Bud getting his former staff back together in Milwaukee is not everyone chose to follow him. I honestly did not think any of his assistants would stay in Atlanta.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:45 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Lee's heading to Bucks..

On 5/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Peoriabird said:

who?:blink:

Never heard of the guy. And I watch EVERY  game, go to a few a year, and follow them online/in print very closely. Buh-bye.

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Charles was Lloyd Pierce's equal on our bench.

33 years old, only been coaching in pros  for 4 years, all with the Hawks. Not even close to Lloyd’s equal.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Never heard of the guy. And I watch EVERY  game, go to a few a year, and follow them online/in print very closely. Buh-bye.

He did a lot of the interviews at the start of the 2nd half and got pretty hype on the 2nd row of the bench. What he contributed to the team other than encouragement, I'm not sure. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

He did a lot of the interviews at the start of the 2nd half and got pretty hype on the 2nd row of the bench. What he contributed to the team other than encouragement, I'm not sure. 

Back row coach, how will we go on?

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Charles was Lloyd Pierce's equal on our bench.

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Pierce’s equal, mmmmhmmm.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, hazer said:

EVERY game you say, online and in print? You're not doing it right or not as closely as you think.

He coached SL this past year. He's also in the rotation of assistants that does the interviews coming out the locker room at halftime.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, High5 said:

He started the year after Bud on the back bench.  

SL 2014 he was with the plethora of coaches that was there. There was a joke that the Hawks had more coaches that players that year. :biggrin:

He moved to the front after Snyder and Kenny left.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

EVERY game you say, online and in print? You're not doing it right or not as closely as you think.

He coached SL this past year. He's also in the rotation of assistants that does the interviews coming out the locker room at halftime.

Every game. Ok so I miss a few Summer League games. I’m usually refilling the frosty glass during the halftime interviews. Oh ‘Bird, I’m doing it right alright:dance2:

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just now, hazer said:

Every game. Ok so I miss a few Summer League games. I’m usually refilling the frosty glass during the halftime interviews. Oh ‘Bird, I’m doing it right alright:dance2:

I actually do remember him coaching Summer League now. Scratch everything I said...

• Like 2