• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some might even quit the Hawks.

We are in for a very interesting offseason.

When I see something like that, that's a clear indication that Schlenk places value on both Trae Young and Luka Doncic.  Bagley will not fall out of the top 3, unless we choose not to pick him.  Ayton won't fall either.  So if Schlenk has narrowed his list down to 4 players, two of them have to be Young and Doncic.

The question is, how far is Schlenk willing to "move down", in order to obtain an extra asset in this draft or the next?  If he moves past 5, we may end up with Mo Bamba or Colin Sexton.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Yuck ... scares me as I am not a fan of this guy.  I hate the Curry comparison ... I see him as Lou Williams type ... sixth man who will come in and chuck up a lot of shots.  

(( Touching your head like Dr. McCoy did Spock . . . in Star Trek II ))

REMEMBER . . . 

What sets Young apart from the traditional "chuckers", is that he can handle the ball, and he's an elite passing PG.   This video is from last year, before the season.

Those are bullet LEFT HAND passes that he's making.  Trae is right handed.   This is one of the hardest things to do as a point guard.  It's harder than even shooting with your off hand.   To have that much velocity with an off hand pass, plus be able to put it on the money, is hard as hell.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I see him as Lou Williams type ... sixth man who will come in and chuck up a lot of shots.  

Have you not seen this dude's amazing passing and touch? It's Nash-esque.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm not a killer, but don't push me . . .

Durant at his best . . . in college.  Sorry, JJJ can't do this, and will never be able to do this.

Yeah, a guy unable to get his own shot should NEVER be compared to TX Durant.  He was dropping 30-burgers easily.  JJJ barely drops 30 in 4-5 games combined.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, a guy unable to get his own shot should NEVER be compared to TX Durant.  He was dropping 30-burgers easily.  JJJ barely drops 30 in 4-5 games combined.

My man might as well say JJJ remind him of Shaq. Durant is the worst comparison for someone who cannot create his own offense

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Probably just a smoke screen like all teams do before the draft.  If at 3 I think Bagley is the pick if he is there.  My gut is Doncic wants to play for certain teams, I could be out to pasture here.   I believe they really like Tae Young and if they can pick him and gain another pick then they make look at that.

What is really troubling for me is the fact that they tanked to get a star guy and I dont see a superstar player in this draft..  Im sure that is why Im on Hawksquawk typing and not in the front office.  

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know how all this fits in the conversation, but today I saw a tweet that say that Doncic is failing.  I don't know about the validity... 

There is no validity. Vitek and Vlade are in Spain right now for Doncic

2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Bagley killed it. Bamba couldn't stop him on the few plays he was on Bagley. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hazer said:

If we are able to move down in the draft, get an extra pick (like a first next year) AND get MPJ! ...I’ll buy 10 Squawk members a drink at the Hawks Draft party ?

4 hours ago, hazer said:

I need to see more lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

If we are able to move down in the draft, get an extra pick (like a first next year) AND get MPJ! ...I’ll buy 10 Squawk members a drink at the Hawks Draft party ?

I need to see more lol 

If I’m ever in Atlanta I’m down. I actually wanna attend the draft party and meet some of the squawkers. Be tight.

Having said that...what if the Bamba hype pushes the Suns to take him #1 overall..then the Kings decide they want Bagley and Ayton falls in our laps?...That would be nutty..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If I’m ever in Atlanta I’m down. I actually wanna attend the draft party and meet some of the squawkers. Be tight.

Having said that...what if the Bamba hype pushes the Suns to take him #1 overall..then the Kings decide they want Bagley and Ayton falls in our laps?...That would be nutty..

Dream scenario. Emphasis on “dream”ing. If you’re ever in Atlanta I’ll buy you a round of your go-to. That’s a peach daiquiri, amirite?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Dream scenario. Emphasis on “dream”ing. If you’re ever in Atlanta I’ll buy you a round of your go-to. That’s a peach daiquiri, amirite?

:rumple: I riiiiiiiiide wit Bob....I sliiiiide

with Bob....

Summerrrtime in the LBC...

• Like 1