• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Baze's Time...

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  They were trying to give him up in the deal to move DOWN from 3 to 5, only getting Wesley Matthews in return just because Matthews's deal runs out a year sooner.  Bill Simmons isn't exactly a great source either.   

The only way a deal with NO makes sense is to take Nikola Mirotic's and Alexis Ajinca's expiring deals this year to create cap room for next year.  Note that any cap room created for next year is being done to create enough room in the next 2-3 years to absorb bad contracts.

Why would NOP move Mirotic? They wouldn't.

Hawks save $7 mil next offseason from Baze to Hill, just saying.

Oh, I just saw that Simmons is rumoring that it may be for Solomon Hill and his two remaining years with Atlanta getting a future first out of the deal.  

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would NOP move Mirotic? They wouldn't.

Hawks save $7 mil next offseason from Baze to Hill, just saying.

....and they become a lot worse on the floor, which is obviously Travis's goal.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm seeing a ton of turd offers for both Baze and Dennis.

Ya this stinks. I want a future first round pick type of an asset for taking on somebody’s junk for a couple of years. Now that’s exciting! ? 

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks are about to move Kent Bazemore for Solomon Hill and Alexis Ajinca, and Dennis Schröder for Bismack Biyombo, and some of you think Travis Schlenk is actually good at his job.

No one would think he did a good job if he makes those awful trades. 

Don't be surprised if Atlanta takes on Luol Deng for the Lakers 2021 and 2023 first round picks while giving up a heavily protected 2nd round pick.  Brandon Ingram will likely be in a deal going to San Antonio for Kawhi.

He is just bitter right now,

But in this situation, you have to play the long term game vs short-term.  We got some very good assets, cap space (almost to floor), young stars and a young head coach and staff.  I know that its sucks right now, but it is better than a treadmill team that never get any talent but gets drop kicked out of the playoff early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But in this situation, you have to play the long term game vs short-term.  We got some very good assets, cap space (almost to floor), young stars and a young head coach and staff.  I know that its sucks right now, but it is better than a treadmill team that never get any talent but gets drop kicked out of the playoff early.

When this team is still out of the playoffs in 5 years, come back to me and tell me that this is better than making the playoffs and being on the so called treadmill, which is only the treadmill to the misinformed.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When this team is still out of the playoffs in 5 years, come back to me and tell me that this is better than making the playoffs and being on the so called treadmill, which is only the treadmill to the misinformed.

So you are okay with going to playoffs and losing at 1st or 2nd round every year, while having no money to bring in players that will help because cap situation sucks and have to deal with a lower draft pick that might may or may not pan out for you.  While still looking for a face of this team.

Are you cool with that?  If you cool with that, then I am worry about you.  Because you have to rebuild to get to the final goal and that winning the championship not being a placeholder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So you are okay with going to playoffs and losing at 1st or 2nd round every year, while having no money to bring in players that will help because cap situation sucks and have to deal with a lower draft pick that might may or may not pan out for you.  While still looking for a face of this team.

Are you cool with that?  If you cool with that, then I am worry about you.  Because you have to rebuild to get to the final goal and that winning the championship not being a placeholder.

This is largely a myth that I have proven wrong countless times already, but even if it were true, rebuilding is different than what the Hawks are doing under Travis Schlenk.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is largely a myth that I have proven wrong countless times already, but even if it were true, rebuilding is different than what the Hawks are doing under Travis Schlenk.

No no no no no no no and no

I am not going down that rabbit hole here because I just think you hate the guy.  He is been here for only a year and we went through characters like Rick Sund, Danny Ferry and everybody favorite Billy Knight.  Let see where this is going first then complain about it.

But I think Baze will be here on opening night playing for the Hawks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Hell I bet the Timberswolves would love to send us Andrew Wiggins for a package based around Kent Bazemore. Word is that they are looking to shed salary.

Andrew had a nice 3rd year campaign but he will always be a defensive liability who is weak on the boards. He was not worth that contract; but I am sure the owner and Thibs were thinking he would improve; and after trading Love for him, he refused to let him walk as well.

Hell I bet the Timberswolves would love to send us Andrew Wiggins for a package based around Kent Bazemore. Word is that they are looking to shed salary.

I'd be really tempted to take on that contract, but I have to question his mentality. If he'd be willing to buy in, I don't think there's a big amount of room he needs grow to become a bonafide star. If he put in more effort, things would be night and day for him.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Don't be surprised if Atlanta takes on Luol Deng for the Lakers 2021 and 2023 first round picks while giving up a heavily protected 2nd round pick.  Brandon Ingram will likely be in a deal going to San Antonio for Kawhi.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Why the hell would anyone do this?

Because Schlenk has said that he's willing to take om bad salary for future assests perhaps. I'd be ok doing that if we can send out Plumlee.

We have $20 mil in capspace, I don't see Schlenk blowing it all on Deng though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
47 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I'd be really tempted to take on that contract, but I have to question his mentality. If he'd be willing to buy in, I don't think there's a big amount of room he needs grow to become a bonafide star. If he put in more effort, things would be night and day for him.

Best case is Andrew may one day have a similar impact as Rudy Gay. All offense and no defense,

On 6/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, NekiEcko said:

Cap space is worthless when free agents don't want to sign with you.  When the only contracts you take on in trades are garbage contracts like Plumlee, (that no one in their right mind would want,) you are stuck in a bad place.  Therefore, early first or second round exits are better than being perennial doormats.