• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Supes v. KB, Nope! Just some JJJ v. Marvin Bagley talk

Flight

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You do realize you are being made fun of on twitter with your continuous bogus claims that JJJ is nothing more than another Marvin Williams?

Strengths: Elite level athlete, very quick and agile for a player of his size... Can play any position on the floor effectively.. Never out-worked or out-hustled... Doesn’t take plays off... Gives you everything he has whether it’s a high school playoff game or an AAU event... Excellent form on jumper... NBA range... Very effective when facing the hoop as he has a quick first step and utilizes his jabs and fakes to perfection... Court awareness is that of a vet... Finds teammates from anywhere on the court...An excellent passer from any spot on the floor who possesses great knowledge of the game.... At 6-9 he handles like a guard and has excellent touch out to 17 feet.... Great rebounder because of his size and ability to get off the ground quickly... Big game player... Plays his best in the clutch... A quick leaper who plays well above the rim. Has tremendous potential.

Weaknesses: More of a wing/forward at this point... Doesn’t play well with his back to the basket as he hasn’t developed a go-to post move... Must improve strength as he won’t always be able to rely on his athletic ability at the next level... Is a shot blocker but has trouble defending smaller quicker players...As with all young guys not named LeBron or Carmelo, he struggles with consistency....

Notes: Would greatly benefit from a year or two in college. A relatively unknown on the hoop scene until the 2002 ABCD camp where he earned all-star honors. He followed that up with a terrific performance at the Adidas Big Time Tournament, being named to the all-tournament team. As a sophomore, averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds for Bremerton High School in Bremerton, Washington. Plays summer ball for Rotary Select, an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Having establishing himself as one of the elite players in the country. Had a huge 34 point performance against Josh Smith and the Champion Atlanta Celtics in the Big Time Tourney last Summer.

-Mike Apodaca -- 4/7/04

Just now, NBASupes said:

Strengths: Elite level athlete, very quick and agile for a player of his size... Can play any position on the floor effectively.. Never out-worked or out-hustled... Doesn’t take plays off... Gives you everything he has whether it’s a high school playoff game or an AAU event... Excellent form on jumper... NBA range... Very effective when facing the hoop as he has a quick first step and utilizes his jabs and fakes to perfection... Court awareness is that of a vet... Finds teammates from anywhere on the court...An excellent passer from any spot on the floor who possesses great knowledge of the game.... At 6-9 he handles like a guard and has excellent touch out to 17 feet.... Great rebounder because of his size and ability to get off the ground quickly... Big game player... Plays his best in the clutch... A quick leaper who plays well above the rim. Has tremendous potential.

Weaknesses: More of a wing/forward at this point... Doesn’t play well with his back to the basket as he hasn’t developed a go-to post move... Must improve strength as he won’t always be able to rely on his athletic ability at the next level... Is a shot blocker but has trouble defending smaller quicker players...As with all young guys not named LeBron or Carmelo, he struggles with consistency....

Notes: Would greatly benefit from a year or two in college. A relatively unknown on the hoop scene until the 2002 ABCD camp where he earned all-star honors. He followed that up with a terrific performance at the Adidas Big Time Tournament, being named to the all-tournament team. As a sophomore, averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds for Bremerton High School in Bremerton, Washington. Plays summer ball for Rotary Select, an Adidas sponsored AAU team. Having establishing himself as one of the elite players in the country. Had a huge 34 point performance against Josh Smith and the Champion Atlanta Celtics in the Big Time Tourney last Summer.

-Mike Apodaca -- 4/7/04

.....and......

There are ZERO similarities between Jaren Jackson Jr and Marvin Williams.  It's stupid to even suggest it.

58 minutes ago, KB21 said:

.....and......

There are ZERO similarities between Jaren Jackson Jr and Marvin Williams.  It's stupid to even suggest it.

Personality

Body control 

Coordination 

Core strength 

Both are extremely gifted physically

Both are upper tier run/jump athletes

Both play weak

Great bodies

Both got a butt but don't use it.

Both got good handles when the defense is off balance or doesn't play physical with them.

Hard workers but is Basketball life or death to them?

Great people 

Respectful and honest

Want to help the team win games and play their role.

Both struggle when shots aren't open.

Both struggle v. Length, strength and quickness. Both are best when they are physically superior to their opposition. 

Both played 21 MPG.

Both have abnormal Foul rates and their fouls can be very uncoordinated 

Both don't have a mean bone in their body. 

Both have great limited stats. 

Both are overhyped. 

Both have benefitted from a lack of scouting and people believing they can make them better than they could make them.

To me, he is Marvin Williams Part 2.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Personality

Body control 

Coordination 

Core strength 

Both play weak

Great bodies

Both got good handles when the defense is off balance or doesn't play physical with them.

Great people 

Respectful and honest

Both struggle v. Length, strength and quickness. Both are best when they are physically superior to their opposition. 

Both played 21 MPG.

Both are overhyped. 

Both have benefitted from a lack of scouting and people believing they can make them better than they could make them.

None of this is even remotely true.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Sothron said:

I just have to be honest: what point does this thread serve?

You know the point.  All this stuff was cluttering up what has been a very good draft discussion thread.  It is about maintaining that thread for everyone and not letting it devolve into a pissing contest.

If people want to jab at eachother I've got more leniency for it in this thread than the general chat thread.

Personality

Body control 

Coordination 

Core strength 

Both play weak

Great bodies

Great people 

Respectful and honest

Both played 21 MPG.

Both are overhyped. 

If you can read this and pick JJJ, I don't know what else you need to see. Maybe it's PTSDz but if JJJ doesn't become a star and the subsequent picks do, this rebuild gets pushed back another year or more. JJJ will be a solid player, I have a very hard time seeing him be a star unless he changes the way he approaches the game.

• Like 1

Just now, nathan2331 said:

If you can read this and pick JJJ, I don't know what else you need to see. Maybe it's PTSDz but if JJJ doesn't become a star and the subsequent picks do, this rebuild gets pushed back another year or more. JJJ will be a solid player, I have a very hard time seeing him be a star unless he changes the way he approaches the game.

Obviously, because to be a superstar, you have to be a terrible defender who is a black hole on offense like Marvin Bagley.

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Or the ultimate superstar Andrew Wiggins.  Look at how much that guy contributes to to wins for Minnesota.  

That's our goal!!  We have to get the next Andrew Wiggins!!  If you play any defense, you are not a star.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Obviously, because to be a superstar, you have to be a terrible defender who is a black hole on offense like Marvin Bagley.

Bagley shows really no signs of being a black hole nor is he a terrible defender. He isnt a good defender but he's clearly not terrible. There is no data to support that claim. 

Are you trying to describe Al Jefferson. I don't want Bagley on the Hawks, but I don't need to lie and say he's a black hole on offense to justify it.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Or the ultimate superstar Andrew Wiggins.  Look at how much that guy contributes to to wins for Minnesota.  

That's our goal!!  We have to get the next Andrew Wiggins!!  If you play any defense, you are not a star.  

All data shows Wiggins is likely to be a role player and at best, a starter. All data shows Bagley is most likely to a star. Why do you keep bringing up Wiggins?

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Are you trying to describe Al Jefferson. I don't want Bagley on the Hawks, but I don't need to lie and say he's a black hole on offense to justify it.

He is a black hole on offense.  He rarely passes the ball, probably because he lacks the vision to be a good passer.