• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Hawks have to keep it simple

NBASupes

1. If Doncic is available, draft Doncic, if Bagley is available, draft Bagley. 

2. Do whatever you can to get the #4 pick. Within reason of course but even if it's slightly passed reasonable, that's fine. Bamba is a must have and must draft.

3. Offer Bagley or Doncic to ORL or DAL for their unprotected 2019 1st and Miles Plumlee contract. BOTH and nothing less! You can improve Dennis status but Plumlee is washed and must go. If they decline, keep Doncic or Bagley. 

4. Under the rare circumstance they do accept the trade, we can see if we can get Faried/14. 

5. LET'S GO HAWKS! :Baze: :Nique: :Bob: :Schroder:

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2. Do whatever you can to get the #4 pick. Within reason of course but even if it's slightly passed reasonable, that's fine. Bamba is a must have and must draft.

3. Offer Bagley or Doncic to ORL or DAL for their unprotected 2019 1st and Miles Plumlee contract. BOTH and nothing less! You can improve Dennis status but Plumlee is washed and must go. If they decline, keep Doncic or Bagley. 

4. Under the rare circumstance they do accept the trade, we can see if we can get Faried/14. 

Note: This also includes ORL 6th and DAL 5th overall pick. So it's basically 5th or 6th, unprotected 1st 2019 and Plumlee's contract as well. 

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Doncic is gone, Im taking Bamba. Im sold.... Bamba just has that "it" factor imo. My mind is made up. lol

• Like 4

• Moderators

Yup.  Take Doncic.  End of story.  

If you can swing some kind of Parson/#4 deal then definitely do it but I think that is a fantasy.  #14/Faried seems much more viable.  I don't think we will be able to pair the #14+#19 to move up very far, though.  A team in the top 10 isn't going to do it, IMO.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yup.  Take Doncic.  End of story.  

If you can swing some kind of Parson/#4 deal then definitely do it but I think that is a fantasy.  #14/Faried seems much more viable.  I don't think we will be able to pair the #14+#19 to move up very far, though.  A team in the top 10 isn't going to do it, IMO.  

Agree with this. One note though: I think someone will slip to the Hornets pick, and I'd be interested in trading up to that if say Wendell Carter or Lonnie Walker slips, and I think we could probably work out a deal with the Hornets by taking on some salary. Move up from 19 to 11 and take on MKG or something.

Alright fam i got this here we go

We draft Doncic at 3 if there   THEN we offer a trade of  #19 + 30 + Baze  + clevland 1st next year   for  #4 + Parsons (gotta eat it to get to 4)   We then draft Bamba at 4

We come out this draft with  1. Doncic/Schröder  2. Doncic/Schröder/Bembry?  3. Prince Chandler depth   4. Collins/Moose   5. Bamba/ Moose

We could probably pick up another player or 2 or trade Schröder for somethnig to help fill it out for a year or so.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Okay so not to burst your's or anyone's bubbles but most of these players are 19 year olds.  For the first year or two, they are going to be playing a different style of basketball (no zones) and against ridiculous talent. For the first year or two they will be getting abused like a fat kid trying to play tether ball. Before we go mortgaging the farm over potential, consider these stats from last year's top 10 drafted players.

1 Fultz - 7.1, 3.1, 3.8

2.  Ball - 10.2, 6.9, 7.2

3. Tatum - 13.9, 5, 1.6

4. Jackson - 13.1, 4.6, 1.5

5. Fox - 11.6, 2.8, 4.4

6 Issac - 12, 7.8, 1.2

7. Markkanen - 15.2, 7.5, 1.2

8. Nitilikina - 5.9, 2.3, 3.2

9. Smith Jr. - 15.2, 3.8, 5.2

10. Collins - 4.4, 3.8, .8

Now tell me...are you trading 19 + Dennis for anyone on this list?  Maybe one or 2.  How about Prince and 19?  Seeing as Prince has better stats than all but maybe Markkanen and Ball...I don't see as trading your best assets are worth the risk.  Other than Ayton, all of these players will need time in the league and if you are trading bad for potential, realize you are taking a step back at first.  Imagine you mortage'd the farm because you believed in Fultz, Collins, Nitilikina last year...how would you feel today?

Just now, thecampster said:

Okay so not to burst your's or anyone's bubbles but most of these players are 19 year olds.  For the first year or two, they are going to be playing a different style of basketball (no zones) and against ridiculous talent. For the first year or two they will be getting abused like a fat kid trying to play tether ball. Before we go mortgaging the farm over potential, consider these stats from last year's top 10 drafted players.

1 Fultz - 7.1, 3.1, 3.8

2.  Ball - 10.2, 6.9, 7.2

3. Tatum - 13.9, 5, 1.6

4. Jackson - 13.1, 4.6, 1.5

5. Fox - 11.6, 2.8, 4.4

6 Issac - 12, 7.8, 1.2

7. Markkanen - 15.2, 7.5, 1.2

8. Nitilikina - 5.9, 2.3, 3.2

9. Smith Jr. - 15.2, 3.8, 5.2

10. Collins - 4.4, 3.8, .8

Now tell me...are you trading 19 + Dennis for anyone on this list?  Maybe one or 2.  How about Prince and 19?  Seeing as Prince has better stats than all but maybe Markkanen and Ball...I don't see as trading your best assets are worth the risk.  Other than Ayton, all of these players will need time in the league and if you are trading bad for potential, realize you are taking a step back at first.  Imagine you mortage'd the farm because you believed in Fultz, Collins, Nitilikina last year...how would you feel today?

Add the entire lottery: Donovan Mitchell? 

I know these guys have to get time but when they are as good as Bagley or Doncic, they will ball. Bamba ceiling is what I love

Actually you just made my point. picks 11 and 12 failed to score 8ppg.  Then you get down to 13 and Mitchell to find your first 20 ppg scorer year one.  The lottery is a crap shoot and every year experts rank these players but they have even less of a clue than we do.  The NBA game is just so different.

Just now, thecampster said:

Actually you just made my point. picks 11 and 12 failed to score 8ppg.  Then you get down to 13 and Mitchell to find your first 20 ppg scorer year one.  The lottery is a crap shoot and every year experts rank these players but they have even less of a clue than we do.  The NBA game is just so different.

It is but when have the entries been this good and they haven't produced. Doesn't happen much.

The scary thing with the lottery is building them up in your mind as better than they are.  Many of these players were up'ing their stats against lesser teams, or OT games. Greg Oden, Anthony Bennett were considered can't miss.  Oden lived in the trainer's room and Bennett was lost in the NBA game....you just never know.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The scary thing with the lottery is building them up in your mind as better than they are.  Many of these players were up'ing their stats against lesser teams, or OT games. Greg Oden, Anthony Bennett were considered can't miss.  Oden lived in the trainer's room and Bennett was lost in the NBA game....you just never know.

To be fair to Oden, when he was healthy he was legit. He clearly was going to bring it on the NBA level. His abnormal leg length just wouldn't let him stay healthy enough.

But yes, we think these rooks are going to come in and be All Star 20/10 players when that's rare. This past rookie class was very unusual to have Mitchell and Simmons be as incredible as they were as rookies and key parts to their teams playoff runs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

First of all, you say to keep it simple and then you talk about trying to make 3 trades. Second of all, you've been hyping up Bagley as if he were your own son and now you're trying to ship him out for a future pick and cap relief? I don't understand. 

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

See former number 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bennett_(basketball)

A can't miss, sure fire #1.

But he actually wasn't. Most people had him going outside of the top 10 but the Cavs will be the Cavs. 

21 minutes ago, High5 said:

First of all, you say to keep it simple and then you talk about trying to make 3 trades. Second of all, you've been hyping up Bagley as if he were your own son and now you're trying to ship him out for a future pick and cap relief? I don't understand. 

You are right, that would be foolish. Keep the pick. That's why I liked the first poster comment. 

• Like 1