• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We Gotta Get Sexton

Jungle Jack

Apologies for both starting a thread and the very high risk that perhaps this thread will look misguided before his first contract is up, but I think he is meant to be a Hawk.  Also, have been way too bloody obsessed about 3 and NOT about the other 3 picks we have.  Even a Georgian (Mableton) to boot looking past that foolish T-town dalliance.  Just a pretty damn fun guy to watch which is huge considering Vegas most likely has our wins safely in the upper 20s-low 30s area for next year.  Fans flipping love him and maybe someone like him will finally bring Atlanta into being the premier sports town it absurdly is not.  I know the last sentence is a good allegory for some of Nancy Reagan's musings on intoxicants...

I was high on Sexton until fairly recently.  Problems he has are that he can't pass or shoot well.  He's more Eric Bledsoe than Russ Westbrook and that ain't a good thing considering he appears to think he's Westbrook-ian.

He's likely to go to Orlando at 6 anyway which, if ORL is high on him, that speaks volumes (in a bad way).  Yeah, I know they have new management but have you seen the Bucks' draft prowess lately (other than the year Larry Drew walked in with Hawks' draft notes)?

If we're looking for a Georgian at the 19 level there's really only one choice ... and his name rhymes with Josh Okogie.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I just peeked in and thought this was started by @kg01..

my bad..

You are forgiven.  Did not realize he was being forecast anywhere near 6 as I wrote this thinking somewhere around 10 would get it done.

As for the Georgian thing, I personally do think perhaps the best path to Atlanta finally becoming a free agent destination is by going after kids who know what Atlanta is about.  I know it did not work a treat with Smoove, but I remain a fan.

Great competitor. Like someone else mentioned, he’s a scoring guard that can defend, but not really a shooter or playmaker. He will, like Bledsoe, have to improve his jump shot to elevate his game. He’d be an awesome bench player in his first few seasons.