• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

Maybe.  But he still didn't maximize his 'assets'. No sooner than I posted that, Chris Guest from Soaring Down South wrote:

The franchise must’ve had a clear-cut pecking order and an idea of exactly who would be available at each spot – no matter if it felt like a reach or not.

The selection of Omari Spellman at #30, for instance, was a clear reach as he would’ve most likely been available at #34 overall where the Hawks should’ve selected in the second round. The team could’ve focused on taking first round talents who fell, like Khyri Thomasor Keita Bates-Diop, but instead they opted for a reportedly sweet-shooting big man in Spellman – whose skill set clashes quite viciously with John Collins (reigning All-Rookie Second Team member).

However, when they were not inflexible, they seemingly made major missteps – the trading of the #34 picksprings to mind. Instead of packaging #34 and #30 to move up a few spots for a higher-echelon prospect, the team instead opted to dismiss the pick entirely for the promise of two future second rounders from the Hornets.

Like I said, I don't think we did bad per se, but it could have been much better.

Did he really say Spellman’s skill set clashes with John Collins?   Let me guess.  He thinks Bagley’s skill set would have meshed with Collins?

If anything, Spellman’s shooting and rim protection are PERFECT fits with Collins’s game.  

Im going to have to call this guy out on Twitter.  

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

Did he really say Spellman’s skill set clashes with John Collins?   Let me guess.  He thinks Bagley’s skill set would have meshed with Collins?

If anything, Spellman’s shooting and rim protection are PERFECT fits with Collins’s game.  

Lol...yep.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

On this we absolutely agree!!!

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

I don’t like Travis, but even if he was on the losing end of the Doncic trade, he put together a damn good draft.  

Agree with this too.  You are starting to worry me because you are sounding too congenial

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don’t like Travis, but even if he was on the losing end of the Doncic trade, he put together a damn good draft.  

Who are you and where is KB?  I'm with you as noted in the other thread.  The return for Doncic was the only hiccup and I still would drafted at 34, but I like the draft enough.  Still think KB has been kidnapped...

• Like 1

Just now, deester11 said:

Who are you and where is KB?  I'm with you as noted in the other thread.  The return for Doncic was the only hiccup and I still would drafted at 34, but I like the draft enough.  Still think KB has been kidnapped...

I would have taken Melton at 34, but he has issues with shooting on the move, which is probably why they passed on him.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I would have taken Melton at 34, but he has issues with shooting on the move, which is probably why they passed on him.  

I hoped for Melton or Frazier. He is steadily improving offensively and is already pretty strong defensively.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I think by the end of the season, people are going to realize that Doncic was not worth it for the Mavs and there will be a whole different spin on this story.

I'm predicting no more than 12 ppg from Doncic and no more than 4 assists.  Will probably be a 10 and 3 season from him with  "promise" at the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think by the end of the season, people are going to realize that Doncic was not worth it for the Mavs and there will be a whole different spin on this story.

I'm predicting no more than 12 ppg from Doncic and no more than 4 assists.  Will probably be a 10 and 3 season from him with  "promise" at the end of the season.

Although they are forever linked, I'm over Doncic. Happy we got Trae and really liking the foundation.  The rebuild is going to take patience and I hope that is the approach they take with Trae.  With his skills, he's too important to the future rush along.  

27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think 12, 4, and 4 is reasonable for a rookie. I never had him pegged as a ROY candidate. He has a lot to learn and I do think he will be very good in a year or two.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Agree with this too.  You are starting to worry me because you are sounding too congenial

Haha, I questioned my sanity a bit too when I found myself agreeing with KBToys.

No offense intended @KB21 .... well, maybe a little offense intended. :cool:

• Like 1

My hurt is over and another scar I have as a fan of various GA sports teams.  So now I'm just really excited to see what we have.  The would could be reopened if Doncic becomes a generational talent and Trae doesn't reach the level of his hype but I am truly excited to see this team on the court after about 20 or 30 games to get some chemistry.  It's gonna be either really exciting or a major mess.

Just now, Eddielives said:

My hurt is over and another scar I have as a fan of various GA sports teams.  So now I'm just really excited to see what we have.  The would could be reopened if Doncic becomes a generational talent and Trae doesn't reach the level of his hype but I am truly excited to see this team on the court after about 20 or 30 games to get some chemistry.  It's gonna be either really exciting or a major mess.

Wound, not would....dang I wish the edit post would return!!!

9 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

What is wrong?  My edit post works fine...

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Hasn't worked mobile...don't know about desktop 

I believe the edit function and unlimited likes is now for premium members only. I’ve been a premium member, looks like I need to re-up ??

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I believe the edit function and unlimited likes is now for premium members only. I’ve been a premium member, looks like I need to re-up ??

That's cool if that's the case but it would be nice to know what are the "perks" of being a supporter vs. a non-supporter.  I screw up my grammar and ramble a lot so the edit was very useful to me lol!

7 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

That's cool if that's the case but it would be nice to know what are the "perks" of being a supporter vs. a non-supporter.  I screw up my grammar and ramble a lot so the edit was very useful to me lol!

Constantly mistyping crap on my cell phone

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

From what I can remember from my past life:

- unlimited likes

- editable functions

- chat room access

- no ads

- a Hawksquawk twitter feed

- a cool nickname