• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, ggp said:

This owner was supposed to be a wealthy guy that wanted a championship.  Instead, he is a pile of hypocritical dung.  

We could have purchased the #4 and already have Doncic and Bamba on the roster.  The rebuild would have progressed.  Instead, they gambled on a short stack who MAY pan out.  

This is historical-grade stupidity.  

Yep.  If they didn't want Doncic, they should have taken Bamba at number 3.  

I'll say this about the trade and the lack of a trade: Woj had the Magic taking Young at 6 so that's a pretty safe bet to be true. Meaning our options were very limited if we were set on picking Young and wanted something extra. For the non-trade, Memphis had a late breakthrough with JJJ so I don't think #4 was as readily available as some of you believe. 

• Like 1

How could we have gotten Bamba?  By trading Schröder and #19? Maybe nobody wanted Schröder.  We will have to circle back to this post next year to see who was right.  This really is a make or break draft for the Hawks.  I am kind of surprised that we would gamble.  It seems like if wanted a pg Sexton would have been a safer pick; more physical and a good finisher.

This man is literally about to win the MVP of best GM of the year. 

He is working a deal with Chicago for the #7 pick. The deal is built around 19/30 and Dennis and Dedmon for bad contracts and #7. 

The great offer has leaked. They want 5 or 6, unprotected 1st, and them to take Plumlee contract. This was not about Trae Young as much as it's about value. Neither team can afford the deal. Both offered 2019 unprotected 1st. Neither can take Plumlee. Magic would have to renounce Aaron Gordon and be in a terrible cap situation and Dallas would have limited cap room and no assets. Both teams have resigned on the idea of moving up for Doncic. Dallas looking at Porter Jr and Orlando looking at Shai who could be part of a much bigger trade with Toronto which will be a blockbuster trade. ohmy.png

Then there is the Hawks board. Bamba is actually the BPA and he is the one across the board as the best player since the workouts and interviews completed. Memphis wants to get rid of Parsons contract and they want to stay in the top 8 of the lottery. While this hasn't been offered or nothing. Just saying. There is a chance Atlanta can keep Prince, Baze, Collins, get Doncic and Bamba. Insane.

I asked about the ownership story, he said he has heard nothing that sounds like Atlanta isn't seeing eye to eye. He said, the Kings had some issues but that was resolved nearly a week ago. Kings want the 5th pick. Dallas is not interested in trading a Brooklyn like deal to SAC. 

I asked about Cleveland, he laughed and said what you just said is a fairy tale. Cleveland wants Sexton or Carter Jr. They aren't trying to move down or up.

Asked about the Knicks, he said they got about 6 deals if those 6 deals don't work out. They like a lot of players in this class and are trying to move down if they can't move up. 

We only had a short time to talk. He did mention that Dallas is the wildcard. He also mention that Trae Young will slide and JJJ might as well but Charlotte will take him at 11. Lol, at him and Marvin 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg&key=7c7c5d66dae6212d5108b9d13826191c50412aab5004b6e936b51fa497abb4b9

Hey so I’m not sure this ended up being 100% accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Every draft show I watched and every article I read said there is no KD, Bron, AD, or even a Dirk in this draft. We padded our hand in a non super duper star type draft while also getting the PG who most believe has the most upside in the draft. Luka may very well be a good player but he is not Dirk lite just because he is a white guy from Europe.

You got your player Mr. Cuban. We got ours plus one of your future first. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, agentorange90 said:

How could we have gotten Bamba?  By trading Schröder and #19? Maybe nobody wanted Schröder.  We will have to circle back to this post next year to see who was right.  This really is a make or break draft for the Hawks.  I am kind of surprised that we would gamble.  It seems like if wanted a pg Sexton would have been a safer pick; more physical and a good finisher.

I think he's referencing the proposed Memphis deal.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I think he's referencing the proposed Memphis deal.

Exactly.  The "take Parsons", "other stuff going on here too that isn't well defined" and "get #4 pick."

• Like 1

I'm just wondering when the award presentation for  "MVP of the best GM of the year" is taking place.  After all, Schlenk pulled off these moves so stealthily that they haven't even been reported in the press yet!  Amazing stuff.

• Like 1

I was going to change my Avi to Luka but after seeing what transpired I think i'll keep it until the cueball is fired. I love Trae even though i wanted Luka. My issue is what we got for Luka. After all the buzz, hype, and multiple teams fighting to move up, the best we can get is a top 5 protected pick. A few words to describe my reaction would be shocked, appalled, disgusted. I can't help but think what would happen if Ainge were in the same position. We should've metaphorically speaking had another team bite the pillow for Luka. I'm not a fan of the direction but I still give the draft a B because there is a clear vision that aligns with their actions. Not a fan of this guy at all.

• Like 1

I was going to change my Avi to Luka but after seeing what transpired I think i'll keep it until the cueball is fired. I love Trae even though i wanted Luka. My issue is what we got for Luka. After all the buzz, hype, and multiple teams fighting to move up, the best we can get is a top 5 protected pick. A few words to describe my reaction would be shocked, appalled, disgusted. I can't help but think what would happen if Ainge were in the same position. We should've metaphorically speaking had another team bite the pillow for Luka. I'm not a fan of the direction but I still give the draft a B because there is a clear vision that aligns with their actions. Not a fan of this guy at all.

We didn’t get a pick for Luka, though: we got a pick for the difference between Luka and Young.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, drzachary said:

We didn’t get a pick for Luka, though: we got a pick for the difference between Luka and Young.

Semantics, you know what I meant. Do you feel what we got for giving up Luka was a good RETURN?

4 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Semantics, you know what I meant. Do you feel what we got for giving up Luka was a good RETURN?

Definitely!  I mean, we don't know who the 2019 pick will be used on, so it has the potential to be a very, very good trade.  Young could end up being better than Luka.  This could be us taking CP3 instead of Marvin this time. 

More likely: the Hawks never really seem to know something that other teams don't, so Luka will probably be a lot better than Young.  That said ....

It's hard to compare two things when one's a total unknown.  If the Hawks end up getting the 6th pick in 2019 or an even better one in 2021, it will have been an absolute heist.  But we're all guessing, to be honest.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drzachary said:

Definitely!  I mean, we don't know who the 2019 pick will be used on, so it has the potential to be a very, very good trade.  Young could end up being better than Luka.  This could be us taking CP3 instead of Marvin this time. 

More likely: the Hawks never really seem to know something that other teams don't, so Luka will probably be a lot better than Young.  That said ....

It's hard to compare two things when one's a total unknown.  If the Hawks end up getting the 6th pick in 2019 or an even better one in 2021, it will have been an absolute heist.  But we're all guessing, to be honest.  

I'm glad you feel that way but I disagree. A good return would have been either an unprotected pick or top 5 protected + Baze. The fact that everyone is touting the Mavs for their draft makes it clear that they did not give up enough. A  competent GM would have stuck to his guns and used Dallas desperation against them. But of course Dallas knew we wanted Young and cueball was looking for an excuse to get Trae because drafting him at #3 would look horrible. The rest of the league now knows Schlenk will cave to get what he wants.

2 hours ago, Carmine said:

I'm glad you feel that way but I disagree. A good return would have been either an unprotected pick or top 5 protected + Baze. The fact that everyone is touting the Mavs for their draft makes it clear that they did not give up enough. A  competent GM would have stuck to his guns and used Dallas desperation against them. But of course Dallas knew we wanted Young and cueball was looking for an excuse to get Trae because drafting him at #3 would look horrible. The rest of the league now knows Schlenk will cave to get what he wants.

Yep.

What's sad is that I think Travis Schlenk actually has a pretty good eye for talent.  I mean, Trae Young was my #3 player on the board after all, and I like Kevin Huerter as a prospect as well.

He's a terrible negotiator though.  Every trade he has made, the other team has gotten the better end of the deal.  It's honestly a frightening proposition to know that he will be negotiating the summer trades of Dennis Schröder, Kent Bazemore, and Dewayne Dedmond.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.

What's sad is that I think Travis Schlenk actually has a pretty good eye for talent.  I mean, Trae Young was my #3 player on the board after all, and I like Kevin Huerter as a prospect as well.

He's a terrible negotiator though.  Every trade he has made, the other team has gotten the better end of the deal.  It's honestly a frightening proposition to know that he will be negotiating the summer trades of Dennis Schröder, Kent Bazemore, and Dewayne Dedmond.  

Why do you think Schlenk wants to trade Dedmon? or Baze for that matter?

• Like 1