• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

14 hours ago, deester11 said:

I think we all have to give Trae a chance but he compared himself to Nash, not Paul or Stephen.  He looked up to Nash..  I'll take that and then some.  The more he's doubted, the more chip on his shoulders I hope he has.  I get more excited about him knowing that he is being doubted.  Is it Summer league yet?

I truly do agree and likewise said as much.  What I don't get is the inverse of concerns as though it is a fait accompli that he will a star so soon.  Furthermore, while I have few doubts about what he can provide offensively, his defense concerns me and likewise the level of expectations for a 19 YO.  Especially one that while certainly on the radar last year, I doubt many projected him to go top 5 and would think more would guess he would be at Oklahoma for an additional year.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Awww, itn't that cute ...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/look-trae-young-tries-recruit-lebron-james-hawks/3qY7ib5OztdynX2N9rho6J/

... let's just file this under 'bless his heart'.

Honestly though, I like it.  Our past Hawks lacked the guts to even entertain the thought of *gasp* recruiting a player to come here???  Well I nevuh!  Sakes alive...

I love this. If this was 5 years from now, Lebron would be courting Trae! Good point though our players NEVER recruit others. It’s nice to see this for sure.

• Like 1

There was a Q and A done by The Athletic with Trae.  When asked what he wants to accomplish, his first response was "Win multiple championships."

Comparatively, when DeAndre Ayton was asked what he would consider to be a success in the NBA, his response was "Getting to my second contract."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There was a Q and A done by The Athletic with Trae.  When asked what he wants to accomplish, his first response was "Win multiple championships."

Comparatively, when DeAndre Ayton was asked what he would consider to be a success in the NBA, his response was "Getting to my second contract."

That's what scared me when I listened to Ayton speak pre-draft.  Rarely talks about winning.  I know you're not into downing other picks to prop up ours so I don't want to upset your delicate sensibilities, but that's still a weird response.  I mean, just give people what they want to hear from a top pick.  Clearly Rayford was paying attention to that lecture.

It's unrealistic but I still like the 'multiple rangs' talk.  Heyul, if you're scared to even talk about it, you'll certainly never actually do it.  Gotta start somewhere.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/look-trae-young-tries-recruit-lebron-james-hawks/3qY7ib5OztdynX2N9rho6J/

Honestly though, I like it.  Our past Hawks lacked the guts to even entertain the thought of *gasp* recruiting a player to come here???  Well I nevuh!  Sakes alive...

Kids got Spunk. I like it.

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love this. If this was 5 years from now, Lebron would be courting Trae! Good point though our players NEVER recruit others. It’s nice to see this for sure.

Never had it in them to do so.

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What a doof, smh.  

The first thing he should have said was help Phoenix get to the playoffs next year, smh. It'll be a long road for them, especially if they can't find a PG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

"Spunk"?  What are you 85 years old?  Next you'll be telling us he's full of 'piss 'n vinegar'.

@Spud2nique is "spunk" another Filipino word?  *gasp* Have we found the island?

? I think you are onto something. You and Jaybird are both from the island of the Philippines ??! What I give you some chicken adobo you no eat it? 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Spunk"?  What are you 85 years old?  Next you'll be telling us he's full of 'piss 'n vinegar'.

@JayBirdHawk is a swell gal! (Hey..she started it..)

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's what scared me when I listened to Ayton speak pre-draft.  Rarely talks about winning.  I know you're not into downing other picks to prop up ours so I don't want to upset your delicate sensibilities, but that's still a weird response.  I mean, just give people what they want to hear from a top pick.  Clearly Rayford was paying attention to that lecture.

It's unrealistic but I still like the 'multiple rangs' talk.  Heyul, if you're scared to even talk about it, you'll certainly never actually do it.  Gotta start somewhere.

I was never high on Ayton anyway.  I don't like Bigs that can't defend nor protect the rim.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This kid hasn't even been a Hawk for a week and he's already openly recruiting superstars to come play with him. I absolutely love that. I love the direction the Hawks are going.

• Like 4

Just now, hawkman said:

This kid hasn't even been a Hawk for a week and he's already openly recruiting superstars to come play with him. I absolutely love that. I love the direction the Hawks are going.

Ya he also seems like a team first guy as in he might take a Dirk style pay cut to benefit the team. I’m just assuming here but I just feel he’s that kind of a guy. Love it!

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I saw Lebron in an interview and he spoke very highly of Trae.  They obviously have a rapport with one another. Bron bron still is not coming to Atlanta but the gesture was cool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

I saw Lebron in an interview and he spoke very highly of Trae.  They obviously have a rapport with one another. Bron bron still is not coming to Atlanta but the gesture was cool.

Ya I saw that as well. He likes him a lot. Lebron seems to love small point guards that are highly skilled. He loved and still loves to play with cp3 as well as it’s been mentioned a lot over the years. It makes sense, if I was Lebron I’d either want to team up with a cp/Trae type or a straight up big dude like Gobert/Bamba. 

Never gonna happen, but I love the juevos on this kid. Always ask the prettiest girl to dance. Could work in the future, for other superstars. PS: LaBrawna loves Pierce too. Damn shame this wasn’t 3 years from now.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

Never gonna happen, but I love the juevos on this kid. Always ask the prettiest girl to dance. Could work in the future, for other superstars. PS: LaBrawna loves Pierce too. Damn shame this wasn’t 3 years from now.

There’s the real estate agent of the year! (Ranked in top ? in the valley) How was the shrimp ? Louie salad ?? 

3 years from now, we get all the studs!!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

Omg! I just realized @JayBirdHawk used that! It's ok with me though...I think Young is a whippersnapper alright.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

? I think you are onto something. You and Jaybird are both from the island of the Philippines ??! What I give you some chicken adobo you no eat it? 

@JayBirdHawk is a swell gal! (Hey..she started it..)

:curtsey: