• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Awww, itn't that cute ...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/look-trae-young-tries-recruit-lebron-james-hawks/3qY7ib5OztdynX2N9rho6J/

... let's just file this under 'bless his heart'.

Honestly though, I like it.  Our past Hawks lacked the guts to even entertain the thought of *gasp* recruiting a player to come here???  Well I nevuh!  Sakes alive...

The day that Trae became the leader of the Atlanta Hawks. Wow that didn’t take long!

In when Trae drops 70 points in a game as a rookie. 

Boy would that be a sight to see. I don't think that's happening, but I could see him hitting 50 maybe if his off ball game is more advanced than we know. I don't think opposing coaches are going to let him score at will, but he has the passing ability to kill teams a different way.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

In when Trae drops 70 points in a game as a rookie. 

Mix of Zeke, Nash and Iverson. He is a scorer as well as an assist man. Perfect for today’s game. As a Hawks fan I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a rookie since Augmon in 91. Loved me some plastic man!

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Mix of Zeke, Nash and Iverson. He is a scorer as well as an assist man. Perfect for today’s game. As a Hawks fan I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a rookie since Augmon in 91. Loved me some plastic man!

At this point in the process, I was plenty excited about Marvin, Horford, JT, Dennis and Dermarr.  In typical Hawks fashion, 1 actually came to be the stud we hoped, two became NBA vets with their best seasons elsewhere, 1 is in limbo and 1 completely busted.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

At this point in the process, I was plenty excited about Marvin, Horford, JT, Dennis and Dermarr.  In typical Hawks fashion, 1 actually came to be the stud we hoped, two became NBA vets with their best seasons elsewhere, 1 is in limbo and 1 completely busted.

I wouldn’t call Alice’s situation “in limbo” but he’s certainly dispensable.

.. ? 

Gimme Stock over Nash all day.  5 All Defensive Teams to a player who may have not gotten a single vote outside of Phoenix.  He’s the actually likable version of CP3.  Nash was an instructional video on dribble pass shoot tho.

30 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Gimme Stock over Nash all day.  5 All Defensive Teams to a player who may have not gotten a single vote outside of Phoenix.  He’s the actually likable version of CP3.  Nash was an instructional video on dribble pass shoot tho.

I still say Trae is most like Zeke and Nash combo. Agreed I’d go Stockton all day.

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Very well said.  That said, the early reports on our new coach and staff are quite encouraging and that makes a profound difference along with opportunity in regards to player development.

I like I would hope all of us want Trae to set the league aflame.  Ditto for Huerter and Spellman.  Of all the things about the Philly model I can stomach it is having multiple first rounders.  Especially in our recent draft such that there was nothing really approximating a consensus first overall.