• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone explain Who would call for this tank and how would it be carried out?

I would imagine it would come from Ressler and Schlenk. Last year it was carried out by benching Bazemore and cutting Ersan and Belinelli loose. We did a few other things like DNPs for Dedmon also.

The NBA is supposedly going to crack down harder on teams resting/benching starters. That includes the Spurs and GSW types as well as those suspected of tanking.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would imagine it would come from Ressler and Schlenk. Last year it was carried out by benching Bazemore and cutting Ersan and Belinelli loose. We did a few other things like DNPs for Dedmon also.

I think the tank was put on after our poor start because of all of the injuries especially down the stretch when we were close to the top 3.  I don't think the tank was on initially

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I think the tank was put on after our poor start because of all of the injuries especially down the stretch when we were close to the top 3.  I don't think the tank was on initially

If we win in the range of 7 or 8 of our first 20, I think the tank is off, But if it is 4 of the first 20 like last year, probably more of the same.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If we win in the range of 7 or 8 of our first 20, I think the tank is off, But if it is 4 of the first 20 like last year, probably more of the same.

1st of all, there is less incentive to tank this year and secondly, why do people think that this team is worse that last year's g-league filled roster with the likes of Babbitt and Bumblee getting significant minutes?

• Like 1

1st of all, there is less incentive to tank this year and secondly, why do people think that this team is worse that last year's g-league filled roster?

I think we have a chance to be better. Especially if all our players are playing. I think 50% or more want to get a top 3 pick; but that does not mean we are worse. They just want us to tank.

Who wants to tank? Fans?

Yes lmao. The odds still favor the worse three teams. Less of a margin but they still have the best chance. I also think the worse they can do is a 6th pick.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

Yes lmao. The odds still favor the worse three teams. Less of a margin but they still have the best chance. I also think the worse they can do is a 6th pick.

How do fans influence winning and losing??

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who said they did?

O.K.  Lets get back to the team and how it could possibly performs worse than last year's team.  The starting line up is the same, the bench is stronger.  No Malcolm Delaney playing 30 minutes at point or Bumlee starting at center.  The returning player are better like Prince, Collins and Dennis.  Dennis shoots 35% from 3 and plays better defense.  How do they loose more games??

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

O.K.  Lets get back to the team and how it could possibly performs worse than last year's team.  The starting line up is the same, the bench is stronger.  No Malcolm Delaney playing 30 minutes at point or Bumlee starting at center.  The returning player are better like Prince, Collins and Dennis.  Dennis shoots 35% from 3 and plays better defense.  How do they loose more games??

No Ersan or Marco and you give their minutes to the rookies, If that happens, I think we will be fun to watch but not much better if any better at all. I still think 30 wins, even counting on three rookies for major contributions.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No Ersan or Marco and you give their minutes to the rookies, If that happens, I think we will be fun to watch but not much better if any better at all. I still think 30 wins, even counting on three rookies for major contributions.

Lets get this right...Marco was a negative for the team... I'll give you Ersan but Dedmon, Collins and Moose are healthy.  Plus the added wing should significantly improve our scoring.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

30 wins I think is about right without any additions or surprises like Trey is way better or Dennis and prince focus on their defense and are significantly better shooters than last year

30 wins I think is about right without any additions or surprises like Trey is way better or Dennis and prince focus on their defense and are significantly better shooters than last year

See 30 wins for me is the same as last year had we not tanked. We flat out gave away 6 wins with the DNPs and benchings of Bazemore and Dedmon.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

See 30 wins for me is the same as last year had we not tanked. We flat out gave away 6 wins with the DNPs and benchings of Bazemore and Dedmon.

Plus Dennis didn't finish the season...Starting Babbit at the start of the season and Plumlee getting 34 strait starts.  Dedmon, Illyasova and Moose out at least 20 game a piece

Plus Dennis didn't finish the season...Starting Babbit at the start of the season and Plumlee getting 34 strait starts.  Dedmon, Illyasova and Moose out at least 20 game a piece

I did not think much of the Plumlee starts. That was mostly a circus and all show as he usually only got 7 to 12 minutes a games even as a starter.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I did not think much of the Plumlee starts. That was mostly a circus and all show as he usually only got 7 to 12 minutes a games even as a starter.

Not when Dedmon and Moose were out

I don’t want the Hawks to tank. I’ve stated I believe they’ll win more games than last year, I’m thinking upper 20s to maybe even 30. I made an avatar bet with KB to demonstrate my confidence in that. I’ve consistently said I believe they’ll challenge for 8th seed in the 3rd year of the rebuild (‘19-‘20). Pierce will be the ? mark. If he pans out, that timeframe will remain intact.