• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Having serious concerns about a 6 footer in the NBA seems prudent when the best case scenario bandied about are generational prospects ala Paul, Curry (slightly taller), and Nash.

Worst, even the all mighty Warriors went down to the wire with Houston and had Paul not been injured, lord only knows.  And there all the switching brought serious questions about Steph.  While Durant gets mad grief for going to GS, I don't know many who believe the Warriors would have won the WCF without him.

Other shortish PGs:

Kyle Lowry (2 inches shorter)

Kyrie Irving (1 inch taller)

George Hill (1 inch taller)

Goran Dragic (1 inch taller)

Eric Bledsoe (1 inch shorter)

Kemba Walker (1 inch shorter)

Damian Lillard (1 inch taller)

Russell Westbrook (1 inch taller)

Rajon Rondo (1 inch shorter)

Tony Parker (same)

Jeff Teague (same)

Isaiah Thomas (5 inches shorter)

Last year's lottery picks Fox & Smith (1 inch taller)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I like all I’m hearing about his willingness to bulk up.  Unlike a lot of guards in the NBA who are allowed to slack on defense and no one notice because they’re average sized, non-lottery, or some kind of “relentless baller,” I like the bullseye on his back to show something.  Small guys are still the best at loose ball recoveries and digging on unsuspecting Bigs.  Then you endear yourself to your teammates by trying to boxing out and taking charges.

Having a father with a basketball background and some damn sense helps too, Lonzo!!! 

Who would you rather have..Lonzo or Trae? 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Who would you rather have..Lonzo or Trae? 

I’m not sure if you’re serious but Trae by a light year.  

Lonzo uses his size very well to pass and rebound but that man shot .451 from the line, no need to mention his FG%.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’m not sure if you’re serious but Trae by a light year.  

Lonzo uses his size very well to pass and rebound but that man shot .451 from the line, no need to mention his FG%.  

No I’m definitely Trae as well. I’ve always wanted my pg to be able to shoot and Trae is one of the best at that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Other shortish PGs:

Kyle Lowry (2 inches shorter)

Kyrie Irving (1 inch taller)

George Hill (1 inch taller)

Goran Dragic (1 inch taller)

Eric Bledsoe (1 inch shorter)

Kemba Walker (1 inch shorter)

Damian Lillard (1 inch taller)

Russell Westbrook (1 inch taller)

Rajon Rondo (1 inch shorter)

Tony Parker (same)

Jeff Teague (same)

Isaiah Thomas (5 inches shorter)

Last year's lottery picks Fox & Smith (1 inch taller)

Good points all.  That said, in terms of what brought about the comment is the comparisons and Schlenk's latest comments to Cunningham where he compared Trae to Paul, seems to be that Trae will be Steph or CP.  Poor bastard.

There are not many on the list above that I would not be stoked to see him approximate.  Hard not to sympathize about Isaiah as his decision to continue playing for the C's cost him stupid money and underscored how transient players truly are.  Also, especially when discussing shorter players, just how devastating injuries truly are as the margin for error is so small.

BEATING THAT DEAD HORSE:

Free throws.  These points count just as much as that breath taking slam dunk!  Too many gasp for breath and break into a loud cheer for the dunk, but would sit in silence or turn to their friend and talk while the shooter tows the line for his free throw.

Many close games are won or lost from the free throw line.  Give me a team that can hit a high % from here.  Shooters who get many $$$ in salary, yet can't score when the shot is unguarded, ugh!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jungle Jack said:

Good points all.  That said, in terms of what brought about the comment is the comparisons and Schlenk's latest comments to Cunningham where he compared Trae to Paul, seems to be that Trae will be Steph or CP.  Poor bastard.

There are not many on the list above that I would not be stoked to see him approximate.  Hard not to sympathize about Isaiah as his decision to continue playing for the C's cost him stupid money and underscored how transient players truly are.  Also, especially when discussing shorter players, just how devastating injuries truly are as the margin for error is so small.

I think we all have to give Trae a chance but he compared himself to Nash, not Paul or Stephen.  He looked up to Nash..  I'll take that and then some.  The more he's doubted, the more chip on his shoulders I hope he has.  I get more excited about him knowing that he is being doubted.  Is it Summer league yet?

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I think we all have to give Trae a chance but he compared himself to Nash, not Paul or Stephen.  He looked up to Nash..  I'll take that and then some.  The more he's doubted, the more chip on his shoulders I hope he has.  I get more excited about him knowing that he is being doubted.  Is it Summer league yet?

Nash is truly the smartest point guard of all time. No one did it better in light of his average size, and quite frankly below average athleticism. People underestimate BBIQ, it's extremely important. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Nash is truly the smartest point guard of all time. No one did it better in light of his average size, and quite frankly below average athleticism. People underestimate BBIQ, it's extremely important. 

Stockton? But I agree Nash was pretty awesome ? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Stockton? But I agree Nash was pretty awesome ? 

Not comparing BBIQ with them but I do think Stockton was more athletic than Nash.  His intelligence and anticipation is a big part of it but his quickness and wiry strength was also a big part of why he not only has the All-Time steals record but by an absolute crushing margin:

teals Leaders
RK PLAYER STL
1 John Stockton 3,265
2 Jason Kidd 2,684
3 Michael Jordan 2,514
4 Gary Payton 2,445
  • Like 2

The comparison to Nash is spot on, IMO.  Nash is a career 42% three point shooter with a career .556 eFG% and 90% free throws.  Trae probably has more of a scoring instinct, as Nash only averaged 14.3 PPG over his career to go along with his 8.5 assists per game.  

Nash was not a good defender though, and that is another area where the comparison fits.  

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not comparing BBIQ with them but I do think Stockton was more athletic than Nash.  His intelligence and anticipation is a big part of it but his quickness and wiry strength was also a big part of why he not only has the All-Time steals record but by an absolute crushing margin:

teals Leaders
RK PLAYER STL
1 John Stockton 3,265
2 Jason Kidd 2,684
3 Michael Jordan 2,514
4 Gary Payton 2,445

Yup. Underrated for his toughness without a doubt. Grittiness all the time with #12.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup. Underrated for his toughness without a doubt. Grittiness all the time with #12.

Maaan, Stockston was dirty on the sly, loved it though. He could set a mean free throw line back pick, the bigs hated it. The look on their faces when they realized was a lil dude...lololololol.

• Like 4