• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

That trade did suck. He could’ve pushed for Top 3 at worst. The Mavs will be right back in the lottery. Here’s to hoping that Doncic will improve them to about 30 wins.

That deal sucked balls even if it works out perfectly but Doncic will absolutely add wins to their record.  Good chance the difference between an unprotected pick ends up being academic.  But top 5 protected for this trade is clearly not enough.

2 hours ago, High5 said:

We've experienced a lot of gut punches as Hawks fan, but this one is one of the worst. I really wanted Doncic and Sacramento handed him to us. Really, really disappointed. That said, Young could blow up and make us all look stupid. Here's to hoping. 

He makes others better.  You really should be excited about a better Prince, Collins. When Dennis was out to end the year, see how much better Prince was.  That is reason for the pick.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

AHF (and others)...I'm not real "advanced" on understanding these protected picks.  So the 2019 pick is top-5 protected..if things don't work out for us.....does that mean we still get the pick at some point anyway or goes it just go away?

We will need to know the protection - it can change over time.  But there is a time limit on how long it can last and usually converts to something like 2 second rounders if the pick never goes unprotected so we’ll need the details.

The fact that we didn’t get it protected against them doing well next year is also crazy.

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae is a Hawk.  Not happy about how that happened.  At all.

But he is a Hawk so I’ll be rooting for him.  He now needs to play team oriented ball, learn to play D and keep up the high volume scoring with the 2017 shooting numbers not the 2018 ones.  Tall order but he does have high upside to go with that low downside.  So I’m all on board rooting for him to make it.

Schlenk is in the crosshairs.  Big ball move.  If this blows up, so does he.  I’m already flipped but he can win me back.

About where I'm at. If it was any player other than Doncic, I'm fine with the trade. As is, I like Young, but he better pan out.

I think some are underselling the pick though, it'll be a solid lottery pick.

Just now, AHF said:

That deal sucked balls even if it works out perfectly but Doncic will absolutely add wins to their record.  Good chance the difference between an unprotected pick ends up being academic.  But top 5 protected for this trade is clearly not enough.

Realistically speaking, unless they add a veteran star, that team will still suck. I just hope they do get marginally better so they don’t get a top 5 pick, but stay in the lottery. If we’re being realistic, Doncic isn’t the type of rookie to make a big difference in the win column. That’s just not rational. Not even generational talent does that their rookie season in most cases. Here’s to Dallas being bad enough (yet good enough) for us to have the 6th pick next year.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

He makes others better.  You really should be excited about a better Prince, Collins. When Dennis was out to end the year, see how much better Prince was.  That is reason for the pick.

Who did Young make better last year?

Just now, thecampster said:

Doncic makes others better, too. He just led his team to a championship. But I understand why the pick was made. I'm just not as confident that it will pan out the way we want. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Christian James, Brady Manek

Without Trae Oklahoma doesn't win 8 games last year.

I don’t disagree that the team was better with him than without him.  But he was all about his numbers and raising his draft profile last year.  Can’t do that in the NBA.  Change will be on the way.  Hope it is for the best.

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don’t disagree that the team was better with him than without him.  But he was all about his numbers and raising his draft profile last year.  Can’t do that in the NBA.  Change will be on the way.  Hope it is for the best.

That’s your opinion and is not based on anything other than your imagination. It is not evident in the way he played either. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If Dennis is traded and Trae starts, 15/8 is a very reasonable projection for him next year.

As long as he dominates the ball he will put up high ppg and apg numbers.  Need to see how team offense works, his shooting %s and his turnovers to really understand what that means.  High usage should mean high points and assists if a player on a bad team is even marginally talented.

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

That’s your opinion and is not based on anything other than your imagination. It is not evident in the way he played either. 

Obvious on the floor and in the historically high usage numbers.

Just now, AHF said:

As long as he dominates the ball he will put up high ppg and apg numbers.  Need to see how team offense works, his shooting %s and his turnovers to really understand what that means.  High usage should mean high points and assists if a player on a bad team is even marginally talented.

It's what Dennis was last year.  I mean really....Dennis was an incredible ball hog, struggled to see the open man and cost 10 million more per year.

and Trae is already better at shooting the 3.