• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SO....MANY....DOUBTERS

JTB

3 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Trae is 6’2 with shoes on..he’s 6’1.5 with shoes off he’s literally taller than Dennis. Did you not see the combine measurements? Sexton is shorter than Trae what are you talking about ? 

Trae is 6 ft and 1/2 inches, same height as Sexton and Dennis. With shoes all are about 6'2'' or just under 6'2''. Trae does have shorter arms though, which actually more important than height.

Like a lot of others, I'm not necessarily down on Trae Young as I am the return for what they received in the trade. I'll cheer him on just like I did Marvin, Dermarr, Rumeal, Shelden, Koncak, or Childress; strike that, no I wouldn't. I'll cheer for him even more so because unlike those other guys, at least I know that Trae have some semblance of actual talent coming into the league; something that those other guys clearly lacked.

To only get a draft pick that's partially protected in a draft where I couldn't name three guys who'd be picked with a loaded shotgun to my face is disappointing to say the least. If Dallas was as desperate for Doncic as they say, why aren't we bragging about at the very least getting TWO future picks back instead? It just seems to me that they got sonned when they asked for Dallas to take on Bazemore's contract instead of simply hanging up the phone when they balked at such an idea, thereby forcing their hand into either doing what it took to get their man or watch us take him and leave them to ponder about Bamba or Porter. Just me...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Like a lot of others, I'm not necessarily down on Trae Young as I am the return for what they received in the trade. I'll cheer him on just like I did Marvin, Dermarr, Rumeal, Shelden, Koncak, or Childress; strike that, no I wouldn't. I'll cheer for him even more so because unlike those other guys, at least I know that Trae have some semblance of actual talent coming into the league; something that those other guys clearly lacked.

To only get a draft pick that's partially protected in a draft where I couldn't name three guys who'd be picked with a loaded shotgun to my face is disappointing to say the least. If Dallas was as desperate for Doncic as they say, why aren't we bragging about at the very least getting TWO future picks back instead? It just seems to me that they got sonned when they asked for Dallas to take on Bazemore's contract instead of simply hanging up the phone when they balked at such an idea, thereby forcing their hand into either doing what it took to get their man or watch us take him and leave them to ponder about Bamba or Porter. Just me...

I dunno but does ur son still think we have a shot at Andrew Bynum? ? 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Dejay said:

+1000.

Y’all realize the pick starts out top 5 protected, but then drops to only top 3 protected in the 3rd year and completely unprotected in the 5th year. It’s all moot anyway, Mavs won’t be top 5 worst team next year and the pick will convey. They got their man and won’t be tanking again.

• Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

Y’all realize the pick starts out top 5 protected, but then drops to only top 3 protected in the 3rd year and completely unprotected in the 5th year. It’s all moot anyway, Mavs won’t be top 5 worst team next year and the pick will convey. They got their man and won’t be tanking again.

So Schlenk got his man Ice Très plus a lottery pick next year for Donciccio. That’s winning.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, hazer said:

So Schlenk got his man Ice Très plus a lottery pick next year for Donciccio. That’s winning.

@hazer, You know the Doncic worshipers don't think that It was nearly enough in their minds in exchange for clearly the best player in the draft!  I think the expectation was an unprotected 1 or 2 1st round picks because of the perceived talent gap between the 2 which I honestly don't see. 

• Like 2

@hazer, You know the Doncic worshipers don't think that It was nearly enough in their minds in exchange for clearly the best player in the draft!  I think the expectation was an unprotected 1 or 2 1st round picks because of the perceived talent gap between the 2 which I honestly don't see. 

How many "Doncic worshippers" are still mad? I was furious on draft night, but at this point I'm over it. I hate the direction we're moving in, but it may very well work out. Just have to wait and see.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I hate the direction we're moving in, but it may very well work out. Just have to wait and see.

What direction are you referring too?  The direction to get more shooters on the team...Something we should have done 3 years ago under Bud?

• Like 2

What direction are you referring too?  The direction to get more shooters on the team...Something we should have done 3 years ago under Bud?

The direction to seemingly copy the Warriors. This might sound stupid, but I really hate watching all the threes taken these days. I get why it's a thing, but it's annoying to watch. Now, I recognize Young and Huerter were two of the best shooters in the draft, so this team could very well succeed behind their shooting but there were other prospects I would have much rather had.

I can't blame Schlenk for things that haven't happened so I'll wait and see how we look.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The direction to seemingly copy the Warriors. This might sound stupid, but I really hate watching all the threes taken these days. I get why it's a thing, but it's annoying to watch. Now, I recognize Young and Huerter were two of the best shooters in the draft, so this team could very well succeed behind their shooting but there were other prospects I would have much rather had.

I can't blame Schlenk for things that haven't happened so I'll wait and see how we look.

Actually Spellman had a better shooting percentage from 3 than both of them.  Think about it for a second...If you can spread the floor with shooters then there is more spacing which makes the game easier to play of offense.  This effectively eliminates the defensive center with limited offensive skill like JJJ or Bamba.  Today's NBA is perfect for a center like Spellman, a big man that can not only shoot but can move in space and has long arms to defend.  The rest of the NBA just hasn't caught on yet but the will once they realize how they did not scout players correctly like Spellman.  That Dude should not have had a 2nd round grade on him period!  I don't know what Scouts didn't see in Huerter!  And Trae young has unlimited range and has pure point guard instincts with the ability to pass with either hand.  We hadn't seen anything like him in the past.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What are you expecting Luka’s stats to be if you had to take a guess right now before the Mavs even add free agents?

Off the top of my head I’m gonna go..

31 minutes per game

17ppg

6.2 apg

4.7 rpg

1 steal

As a rookie in the West, that’s not going to happen IMO. 11/5a/4r is more likely if he gets 30 minutes.

Actually Spellman had a better shooting percentage from 3 than both of them.  Think about it for a second...If you can spread the floor with shooters then there is more spacing which makes the game easier to play of offense.  This effectively eliminates the defensive center with limited offensive skill like JJJ or Bamba.  Today's NBA is perfect for a center like Spellman, a big man that can not only shoot but can move in space and has long arms to defend.  The rest of the NBA just hasn't caught on yet but the will once they realize how they did not scout players correctly like Spellman.  That Dude should not have had a 2nd round grade on him period!  I don't know what Scouts didn't see in Huerter!  And Trae young has unlimited range and has pure point guard instincts with the ability to pass with either hand.  We hadn't seen anything like him in the past.

Slow down. Having all these shooters is nice, but you still need to have players capable of breaking down a defense in order to get open shots. Trae and Huerter may very well be able to provide that ability in time, as well as Prince but I worry about the future of our defense. Maybe Pierce will figure that out, but again only time will tell.

Now, while we might have gotten a steal with Spellman, JJJ is much better suited for the NBA than Spellman. Spellman moves well for his size, but JJJ is extremely mobile to go along with his shooting. I'd also rate Bamba's ability to defend space higher than Spellman. But as the 30th pick, expectations are much different. If Spellman is at least a valuable role player, it's a good pick.

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Unless they add a star, that team will still be really bad.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

FWIW, Huerter was hurt doing the draft process and couldn’t work out. He probably would’ve went a few spots higher if healthy.

17 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

As a rookie in the West, that’s not going to happen IMO. 11/5a/4r is more likely if he gets 30 minutes.

It does looked beefed up but I wouldn’t say he’s your typical rookie. He’s like a 6 year college kid coming out at age 24 (basketball level). Hope you are right and I’m wrong though. 

13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

FWIW, Huerter was hurt doing the draft process and couldn’t work out. He probably would’ve went a few spots higher if healthy.

Yup that’s what I said 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Slow down. Having all these shooters is nice, but you still need to have players capable of breaking down a defense in order to get open shots. Trae and Huerter may very well be able to provide that ability in time, as well as Prince but I worry about the future of our defense. Maybe Pierce will figure that out, but again only time will tell.

Now, while we might have gotten a steal with Spellman, JJJ is much better suited for the NBA than Spellman. Spellman moves well for his size, but JJJ is extremely mobile to go along with his shooting. I'd also rate Bamba's ability to defend space higher than Spellman. But as the 30th pick, expectations are much different. If Spellman is at least a valuable role player, it's a good pick.

Neither Bamba or JJJ can shoot off the dribble or have post move there render them very limited on offense.  We'll see if JJJ shooting percentage from 3 holds up...I have my doubts but he still is a set shooter who can be chased of his spot. I think we have plenty of players that can take defenses off the dribble. Both Dennis and Trae excel at that.  I wouldn't worry too much about interior defense.  Interior defense is the easiest to defend and we have enough big bodies to throw in there when we play big teams.

• Moderators

There are good odds that the Dallas pick will convey this year but the Dallas pick could end up protected next year if they suck worse than expected (some posters would say suck as expected) and the odds go normally or if they are pretty good but get lucky in the lottery.  I'm over the trade at this point but we'll need a couple years to see this play out before being able to give an educated verdict.