• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Begining to look like Dennis is staying

Peoriabird

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except all the offers floating on the interwebs is stuff like Vuceviv for Dennis, Biyombo and a 2nd for Dennis, Noah and Mudiay for Dennis, Knight for Dennis. Dudley and Knight for Dennis.  They can keep every single one of those suggestions and shove it.

I'd take Vucevic for Dennis yesterday. Voochi mane is expiring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

I agree with your post JTB....but I would offer a wager.  I will give you 100 to 1 odds that Dennis is not the sixth man of the year as an Atlanta Hawk next year.  So if I win you owe me $5 and if you win I owe you $500...:biggrin:

No Deal! Lol

30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Could the reason why Dennis supposedly can't be traded, is because the Hawks want too much for him?  

I doubt the Hawks are just trying to give him away for a few 2nd round picks and a bad contract.

I actually think we'd be lucky to get that. My belief is we would have to give up something for someone to take him. Legal trouble, diva issue, contract, all with not being a top 10 PG. We even showed our hand with drafting his replacement. What's in it for the other team at this point?

Nah, Hawks want value in return. Dennis is still young and compared to his peers is on a great contract for the talent and production he gives you.

You don’t have to like him but that’s the truth.

Dennis and Trae aren’t in the long term plans to play side by side, but that doesn’t mean we have to be in a rush to ship Dennis away just to make room for the rookie.

We are a few years away from really building this roster to make sense from a needs/strategy perspective. Right now we are all about assets and smart moves.

We will take bad contracts so long as they are 1-2 years left MAX. We are not about to tie up our cap for 3 years just to get rid of a good player.

Best believe, neither Dennis nor Baze will be resigned after their contracts if they aren’t traded first. 

Schlenk wants our books and cap space to be wide open once Collins and Trae Young enter their prime. Prince may or may not be apart of that vision as well as he is about to peak within the next season or 2 (he will be the first real contract decision we have to make as far the rebuild goes)

A good comparison someone made was Ellis and Curry. That’s whats going to happen next year if we don’t like any of the offers for Dennis. Who cares about a good defensive duo when we are not planning on making the playoffs anyway. 

Think long game. This time next year we will likely have another 2 lottery picks. We will select the best talent we can get. The offseason after that you will start to see us actually shape the roster around the guys we feel are the franchise pieces going forward.

For now, just enjoy the offensive fireworks of a Dennis/Young duo at PG. It will be a distant memory someday.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Got a lot of upset Dennis haters who spent a lot of time creating narratives and made up stories to get rid of him but it looks like he is staying! Of course the next move from their play book is to attack the GM...You watch!  LOL!

Can't really blame them. He is in trouble for assault and he is a troublemaker. At least Teague seemed like a quality person.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, DS5 said:

Maybe they really are being genuine, who knows. In my opinion, they're just saying the right things...they can't come out and say "we can't find any trade partners for Dennis so we're stuck with him." 

This^^^^^^^.  Nobody will take Dennis at this point.  Funny how 3 years ago everyone wanted Teague gone and Dennis the starter.   Dennis has become a cancer.  That being said he is fiery competitive and can take anyone off the league.  Dennis wants to win and this team is not winning anytime soon.  With the team outlook the next few years I would want out too.  

Just now, Vol4ever said:

This^^^^^^^.  Nobody will take Dennis at this point.  Funny how 3 years ago everyone wanted Teague gone and Dennis the starter.   Dennis has become a cancer.  That being said he is fiery competitive and can take anyone off the league.  Dennis wants to win and this team is not winning anytime soon.  With the team outlook the next few years I would want out too.  

Off the dribble

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except all the offers floating on the interwebs is stuff like Vuceviv for Dennis, Biyombo and a 2nd for Dennis, Noah and Mudiay for Dennis, Knight for Dennis. Dudley and Knight for Dennis.  They can keep every single one of those suggestions and shove it.

It all depends on how Dennis accepts his new role.  Ideally, he comes out blazing hitting some 3's, getting 20ppg and appearing to be a good teammate.  This is the only way right now we start hearing better offers. However If he's a malcontent, I fear we'll have to accept the best of the worst offers.  I'm not a believer in keeping a sour grape on your squad due to the impact it can have on the overall locker room morale.  

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hawks coach says Dennis Schröder on board to be ‘role model’ for Trae Young

They must really think we're all morons.

Reminds me of the myth back-when that maybe KJ, Jason Kidd and Steve Nash could all co-exist on a roster at the same time. Of course, at least PHX got two seasons of mileage out that.

This will last only until the first major PG injury, which may be as soon as training camp.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My prediction is that this will work out well. It will improving Dennis' value which will leave Schlenk with better options going forward. This is a smarter way to rebuild your team vs what the fan wanted.  This is something I advocated for after the season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

My prediction is that this will work out well. It will improving Dennis' value which will leave Schlenk with better options going forward. This is a smarter way to rebuild your team vs what the fan wanted.  This is something I advocated for after the season.

Dennis' value can't really be lower than it is now unless his behavior gets significantly more toxic so there is upside there for his trade value but it comes with some cost to Trae's development (minutes, time running the offense, defensive assignments, counting stats, etc.)

I think Dennis tries to redeem himself with all the crap ? he’s gotten into and resurrect his career on and off the floor. Trae will show immediate leadership by pushing Dennis on the court and raising Dennis’s game and upping his value. By February, if his value is higher, which I think it will be due to style of play favors Dennis and his speed, we can trade him if a good deal comes along. If not, continue to work with what we have the best we can.

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think Bud Babied Dennis too much. Pierce needs to make it known to him: You're going to give better effort on defense. You're going to take fewer bad shots, and you need to try to be a leader.

I truly believe Dennis is at a stage in his career where he will be more receptive to coaching and will start to put forth more effort. He already sounds more mature with his congratulatory tweets and phone calls to the draft picks. Plus he has expressed an interest in working with Trae and looks forward to playing with him. This sound different than what we heard from the Dennis of the past.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think Bud Babied Dennis too much. Pierce needs to make it known to him: You're going to give better effort on defense. You're going to take fewer bad shots, and you need to try to be a leader.

Babied? Really? If he had done that he wouldn't have suspended him for the passport/visa issue, games where he sat him outright or the many in game benchings. 

I get the better effort on defense but last season was a lost season.