• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

JJJ has the game of his career. If he ever hits 8 threes in a tea nba game I’ll change my name to ichabad crane!

Dude, 2 of them 3's were blind heaves ... nuthin but net.  C'mon, sun.  Nobody better tell me he's destined for greatness based on that game.  Friggin 6'12", non-reboarding 2-guard hovering around the 3pt line all game.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just in regular season hate mode period. Yesterday I wanted to throw feces at any warrior fan. Perhaps I’ll invite all my warrior friends (I’m seriously losing all my friends in the Bay Area cuz they all bitches) over this scrub team.

spud, that's playoff-hate mode, mayne.  Kinda like how I feel about your boy on TOS telling me Marvin Williams was great. :argh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude, 2 of them 3's were blind heaves ... nuthin but net.  C'mon, sun.  Nobody better tell me he's destined for greatness based on that game.  Friggin 6'12", non-reboarding 2-guard hovering around the 3pt line all game.

spud, that's playoff-hate mode, mayne.  Kinda like how I feel about your boy on TOS telling me Marvin Williams was great. :argh:

? chicken ATLBBQ all day...

as in ...roast him!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Spellman took this loss HARD!  That dude doesn't like to lose.  

Great for the long-term but this season will be rough on him.  No way around that.

Since everyone is down on Trae Young based off one summer league game, I thought I would highlight the positives that he showed last night.  Cole has a great couple of clips here that not only show off his passing craft, but his court vision as well.

When I was listening to KL and Tyler on Atlanta and 29 earlier today, KL mentioned that Trae has a gift similar to your top quarterbacks in football in that he simply sees the floor differently than other players do.  Trae is reading what happens on the floor.  Tyler chimed in and discussed how his cross court passes are something we haven't seen from an Atlanta Hawk in quite some time. 

Sleep on it if you want to, but this kid's passing ability and court vision is special.  This is why he can be similar to Steve Nash as his 90th percentile outcome if he gets there.  The way he sees the floor, the way he passes the ball, and the way he sets up his teammates are very Steve Nash like.  

The other thing that Tyler mentioned about Trae that I 100% agree with is that he has the innate ability to use his dribble to get the defender on his hip.  This is a trait that, as he gains experience, he's going to be able to use to create penetration and generate separation.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just in regular season hate mode period. Yesterday I wanted to throw feces at any warrior fan. Perhaps I’ll invite all my warrior friends (I’m seriously losing all my friends in the Bay Area cuz they all bitches) over this scrub team.

Dude? You wanna fling your poop at people and the season hasn't even started? :laugh:.

You're gonna be on blood pressure medication soon if you don't.....R E L A X!!

• Like 2

Also, John Collins.  At some point, people are going to start believing me when I say that John Collins is actually a better prospect than Marvin Bagley.  His face up offensive game is already far more nuanced, and his jump shot mechanics are far cleaner.  If that jump shot is real, look out.  That jump shot will open up his face up offensive game and allow this kid to dominate.  His ability to handle the ball away form the basket is very good, so he will be able to create some offense off of drives to the basket from a face up position, particularly if teams have to respect his jump shot.  

It's still going to take a while, but in my view, John Collins and Trae Young are a very good start to this rebuild.  We will see what further development Taurean Prince has and what Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman will bring to the table over the next year or two.  The up and down nature of youth in the NBA means these players will flash their upside but will overall be inconsistent until they gain the experience they need to create the consistency needed to win.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Also, John Collins.  At some point, people are going to start believing me when I say that John Collins is actually a better prospect than Marvin Bagley.  His face up offensive game is already far more nuanced, and his jump shot mechanics are far cleaner.  If that jump shot is real, look out.  That jump shot will open up his face up offensive game and allow this kid to dominate.  His ability to handle the ball away form the basket is very good, so he will be able to create some offense off of drives to the basket from a face up position, particularly if teams have to respect his jump shot.  

It's still going to take a while, but in my view, John Collins and Trae Young are a very good start to this rebuild.  We will see what further development Taurean Prince has and what Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman will bring to the table over the next year or two.  The up and down nature of youth in the NBA means these players will flash their upside but will overall be inconsistent until they gain the experience they need to create the consistency needed to win.  

Your Trae post was good but bringing up Bagley is why you have the reputation you have. Bagley in limited minutes has shown hes more advanced than Collins in numerous levels even right now. Collins is more advanced in several areas and that's to be expected but overall, it's not close. Bagley is clearly better. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, KB21 said:
Since everyone is down on Trae Young based off one summer league game, I thought I would highlight the positives that he showed last night.  Cole has a great couple of clips here that not only show off his passing craft, but his court vision as well.

The first one is really nice.  The second doesn't do much for me.  I would have put any number of a half dozen other passes in front of that second one on my "Game 1 Trae Young Two-Play Highlight Reel."

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:
That jump shot will open up his face up offensive game and allow this kid to dominate.  His ability to handle the ball away form the basket is very good, so he will be able to create some offense off of drives to the basket from a face up position, particularly if teams have to respect his jump shot.  

Collins showed up and looked real nice last night.  Looked on a completely different level from the rest of our team.  Fun to watch.

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dude? You wanna fling your poop at people and the season hasn't even started? :laugh:.

You're gonna be on blood pressure medication soon if you don't.....R E L A X!!

Ya I’m done being mad. Damnit why can’t I be a cool customer islander like you, @MaceCase and @kg01 (cul de sac and island ??)...

im gonna just chill and watch this game in 20 min. Screw it. I don’t control nba events that take place. I don’t control nba events that take place. I don’t control...

? I’m calm..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’m done being mad. Damnit why can’t I be a cool customer islander like you, @MaceCase and @kg01 (cul de sac and island ??)...

im gonna just chill and watch this game in 20 min. Screw it. I don’t control nba events that take place. I don’t control nba events that take place. I don’t control...

? I’m calm..

:beach: Just do this.