• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

Just an FYI, JJJ came back to Earth yesterday with 10/8 on 4/11 shooting.

Looks like he's an athletic Ryan Anderson (he's still Marvin 2.0) who can switch on defense. That's a very good player, still don't want him at #3 though. How did he get 8 rebounds?

I was going to keep my peace about this but I am going to chime in on Trae Young.

First of all, this young man is only 19 years old and for him being a star or maybe a savior of this team is a lot to comprehend for him epically after all of the hype and expectation of him in the position that he is in right now.

We have to remind ourselves that the great ones didn't start out great either but through trial and error they got better and became the players that we know today.  It is all about patience with him.

From these two games, even know that his shooting isn't working right now but everything else is very good from his passing and even his defense is up there.  I can understand the coach idea about let Trae doing his thing, he has to understand that this isnt High School Basketball, AAU or even OU, this is a world class basketball organization that many guys trained day in and day out to be the best and that one person cant make the difference, it takes everybody (Think Golden State vs Cavs in the last couple of finals) to make it work and once he understand that, I believe he is going to be a player to be reckon with in the future.

So for me, I will be patience with this because this team got a long way to go but we got the players, the coaches and they got us to support them and give them encourage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Trae has shown flashes as well. Steph also was a JUNIOR when he came out of Davidson. You're borderline hating right now. It's sad as hell honestly

I'm not hating. I acknowledge he's a good passer, which is important because that's a point guards job first and foremost. But some of his flaws are troubling. He's getting a lot of shots blocked, even some of his floaters. He's going to have to become very crafty, like Steve Nash crafty, to over come his lack of quick twitch athleticism.

54 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Just an FYI, JJJ came back to Earth yesterday with 10/8 on 4/11 shooting.

He was 2 for 4 from three, had 2 blocks, and he was overall excellent on defense in a summer league setting.  The guy is a complete stud.  

A big that can play defense like this AND shoot the three point shot.  Outside of a lead initiator and a two way wing, this is the most valuable commodity in the NBA.  He would have been well worth the #3 pick.  He's far more worth that pick than a 6'11" big who is currently struggling to finish through contact in summer league, doesn't shoot from the perimeter nearly as well, and is completely lost on defense.

48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He was 2 for 4 from three, had 2 blocks, and he was overall excellent on defense in a summer league setting.  The guy is a complete stud.  

A big that can play defense like this AND shoot the three point shot.  Outside of a lead initiator and a two way wing, this is the most valuable commodity in the NBA.  He would have been well worth the #3 pick.  He's far more worth that pick than a 6'11" big who is currently struggling to finish through contact in summer league, doesn't shoot from the perimeter nearly as well, and is completely lost on defense.

Ur obsession with jjj is now borderline weird....have u heard this guy in interviews? He’s so dumb that he doesn’t even answer questions he sits there and laughs ... 

BUST!

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ur obsession with jjj is now borderline weird....have u heard this guy in interviews? He’s so dumb that he doesn’t even answer questions he sits there and laughs ... 

BUST!

Well, then he is in the majority of the NBA, where most of the players struggle to combine words into a complete sentence.  

On the court though, he’s a stud.  

Did you enjoy watching Bagley’s 7 points on 16 shots last night?

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, then he is in the majority of the NBA, where most of the players struggle to combine words into a complete sentence.  

On the court though, he’s a stud.  

Did you enjoy watching Bagley’s 7 points on 16 shots last night?

No, I missed Bagley last night but I’ll be sure to check during the regular season...sac and Memphis get together head to head and we shall see..he shoots like an 8 year old. ? Shit it gonna get shoved by in his face soon enough!

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No, I missed Bagley last night but I’ll be sure to check during the regular season...sac and Memphis get together head to head and we shall see..he shoots like an 8 year old. ? Shit it gonna get shoved by in his face soon enough!

?. Keep thinking that.  

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Keep thinking what? That he shoots like an 8 year old? Ok I will..

I don’t know many 8 year olds that can hit an off the dribble step back three above the break.  

6 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Every single post is extremely negative towards Trae. Nothing about the adjustment period every young player goes through. The unfair comparisons of Trae as a rookie to dudes in their best years instead of said player at that same point in their career. You’re lowkey bashing.

Yall act like Steph didn’t shoot 32% in summer league as a 21 year old his rookie year. 21 assists and 18 turnovers. Compare rookie Steph vs rookie Trae and not MVP Steph vs Rookie Trae if you’re gonna compare somebody

Great Post

• Like 3

On 7/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, Cwell said:

Every single post is extremely negative towards Trae. Nothing about the adjustment period every young player goes through. The unfair comparisons of Trae as a rookie to dudes in their best years instead of said player at that same point in their career. You’re lowkey bashing.

Yall act like Steph didn’t shoot 32% in summer league as a 21 year old his rookie year. 21 assists and 18 turnovers. Compare rookie Steph vs rookie Trae and not MVP Steph vs Rookie Trae if you’re gonna compare somebody

We just don't want Trae to suck.   He's pretty much sucked the previous 2 games.   I want him to settle down and try to make others better, before looking for his own offense.

Is it too much to ask him not to suck?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We just don't want Trae to suck.   He's pretty much sucked the previous 2 games.   I want him to settle down and try to make others better, before looking for his own offense.

The dude is 19 for god sake...Give the guy a break.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The dude is 19 for god sake...Give the guy a break.

Truth is in the middle.  He has been pretty bad against mostly guys who won't be playing real NBA minutes next year but it isn't worth getting too worked up over his long-term prospects given the format and sample size.  It isn't too much to ask him to have a nice game in SL but if he doesn't it isn't the end of the world or a hugely significant statement on his future.  

I think everyone would be excited to watch him put up a night with something like 9-15 from the field, 4-7 from 3pt range to go with similar passing and defensive output.  That won't change his long-term one bit but it would be a lot more fun than watching him struggle.

• Like 1