• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hate to say this . . . but Pierce may have to shut Trae down, in order to preserve his confidence.   When I say shut him down, I mean . . do exactly like Dallas is doing, and not play Trae in Las Vegas.

How will shutting him down after a poor performance improve his confidence?

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is the new Horford.   Al didn't get any criticism for about 6 years.

Al balled from day 1 and was good his entire his career in Atlanta.  He wasn't dominant or perfect but when you had Josh making boneheaded plays and plenty of other easy targets there isn't much venom left for the guy who does most things right every trip down the court.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hate to say this . . . but Pierce may have to shut Trae down, in order to preserve his confidence.   When I say shut him down, I mean . . do exactly like Dallas is doing, and not play Trae in Las Vegas.

It's not confidence. He does not have the physical tools to get to the rim. As horrible as Dennis looked his first year, at the very least it was clear he had the physical tools to get to the cup.

• Moderators
Just now, RWF said:

He has to play Vegas. Can't shut him down now. The rest of the off-season will be 'Is Trae a bust?' that will do more damage than if he just shoots his way out of the slump.

He needs to step up and improve his play in Vegas.  The coaches should be working their rears off to figure out how to get him some easy shots and to get some actual organization in some simple sets he and the others can run.  Some structure would really help.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The minute Trae is out of the game, our defense and offense sucks

3 games in our defense and offense pretty much sucks all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Pierce to slow this team down. We are too trash to be trying to play uptempo. No player is going to thrive when everyone is shooting below 40% and turning the ball over.

With Trae, they play at a slower tempo. It's without him, they try to run and LOL

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Pierce to slow this team down. We are too trash to be trying to play uptempo. No player is going to thrive when everyone is shooting below 40% and turning the ball over.

The problem is we have no offensive sets in order to run a sufficient half court offense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The minute Trae is out of the game, our defense and offense sucks

And the minute he gets back in a bucket and a assist. Dorsey has no business trying to be a PG.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

It's not confidence. He does not have the physical tools to get to the rim. As horrible as Dennis looked his first year, at the very least it was clear he had the physical tools to get to the cup.

It's both.  He's getting by his man, but he doesn't know how to finish in that short midrange.  He desperately needs to add a floater to his game, much like Dennis had to do.

The biggest thing that kind of went on in that 3rd quarter, is that his teammates lost confidence in him.  He went about 3 possessions without even touching the ball.

Dorsey taking it upon himself now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

He needs to step up and improve his play in Vegas.  The coaches should be working their rears off to figure out how to get him some easy shots and to get some actual organization in some simple sets he and the others can run.  Some structure would really help.

He's small, he's not explosive, and defenders have no problem putting their bodies on him. I'm not sure how you get someone like that easy shots. He has virtually no experience playing off the ball.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

Dorsey has no business trying to be a PG.

That is obvious.  Kid needs to really improve or he is going to be out of the league.  Just shooting efficiently while putting effort in on D would go a long way.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Doncic isn't playing because he hasn't completed his buyout with Real Madrid, he needs a FIBA clearance letter, a physical then sign his rookie contract before he can even practice.

• Like 2