• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I thought you LOVED the coach.

I do. For now. I need to see a lot more in SL. I'll wait till the season to judge him but SL is when I knew Bud and Atkinson can coach. I am not seeing it in Pierce. 

5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This is organized confusion.  You kidding me? They're all running around clueless.  Young hasn't been great but the doom stuff is over the top.

All im saying is that for a prospect highly regarded for his shooting and playmaking to struggle at both against g league - reserve level player to be looked at as a point of possible concern.

A lot will brush it of as "it's just summer league", but that's just it he's struggling in summer league as a top 5 pick. Im not over reacting im just saying that those Curry and Nash comparisons should be thrown away. Comparing rookies to all-time greats usaually  do more harm than good anyway.

Also . . . let's not make excuses for Trae, when the other top prospects in the draft are having NO PROBLEM doing what they're supposed to be doing.   The guys he's passing to may not be making shots.  But the guy passing them the ball isn't making shots either.

Even Salim Stoudamire used to light up Summer League.   If Trae is supposed to be a scoring PG, I want to see that ability, as well as the passing.

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

I do. For now. I need to see a lot more in SL. I'll wait till the season to judge him but SL is when I knew Bud and Atkinson can coach. I am not seeing it in Pierce. 

You did see his halftime adjustment with the defense didn't you, because it was MUCH better than those turnstiles in the first half. 

On Trae, I saw growth from game one to game two.  His shot selection was much better, defense effort was there, and his passing was on point.  He just needs to get his shot going.  I have no expectations for him to be the next Curry or whoever, as long as he sets his teammates up and his 38%+ from three. I'd be happy with him this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Pierce flat out said that he wasn't going to try to change the way Trae plays in Summer League.  He wanted "Trae to be Trae".   Well, he may want to change that philosophy up by the time we get to Vegas this weekend.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pierce flat out said that he wasn't going to try to change the way Trae plays in Summer League.  He wanted "Trae to be Trae".   Well, he may want to change that philosophy up by the time we get to Vegas this weekend.

Pierce isn't coaching in Vegas SL, his wife is expecting. Jent will be the coach.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pierce isn't coaching in Vegas SL, his wife is expecting. Jent will be the coach.

The coaching in Summer League is an extension of Pierce's philosophy.  The "chuck and duck" is exactly what they were doing in practice last week.   I wonder if the shots were falling in practice.

At any rate, I don't think they're trying to change anything about Trae's game right now, per his comments.

Or maybe this is Pierce's way of humbling the kid, and forcing him to play the right way.

He is still Marvin but hes Marvin if Marvin could really really shoot and if Marvin had great defensive instincts. Other than that, hes like Marvin. But this game is impressive. I wasn't that impressed with the Atlanta game for him. But this game. He is a difference maker defensively. He is killing Utah offense with his switching and active hands and length.

Offensively, he is limited but his shooting is really really good mainly due to his ability to find holes in the defense. He's good. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ is looking good. He ain't looking flukey tonight. His defense is looking great and I like that he's attacking. He just cant handle contact

Yep. Hed look good playing with Dennis/Baze/Prince/Collins wouldnt he? lol...Oh well..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yep. Hed look good playing with Dennis/Baze/Prince/Collins wouldnt he? lol...Oh well..

Honestly any of the real top talents in this draft would look better than the scrub our idiot GM drafted.