• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yep. Hed look good playing with Dennis/Baze/Prince wouldnt he? lol...Oh well..

He would be a fit with those three. He is a PF. He can't play center. Probably never will. Too weak, too soft, lacks the will. He never played much center at MSU either. 

We were one spot from Bagley :ahf:

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He would be a fit with those three. He is a PF. He can't play center. Probably never will. Too weak, too soft, lacks the will. He never played much center at MSU either. 

We were one spot from Bagley :ahf:

Doesnt mattaer Schlenk would have ended up trading him for Young as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is still Marvin but hes Marvin if Marvin could really really shoot and if Marvin had great defensive instincts. Other than that, hes like Marvin. But this game is impressive. I wasn't that impressed with the Atlanta game for him. But this game. He is a difference maker defensively. He is killing Utah offense with his switching and active hands and length.

Offensively, he is limited but his shooting is really really good mainly due to his ability to find holes in the defense. He's good. 

Marvin with great defensive instincts..Can really, really, shoot. At 6'11 with a 7'6 wingspan? Ill take it...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Doesnt mattaer Schlenk would have ended up trading him for Young as well

I honestly think if we had gotten the #1 pick he would have wasted it on Acie Law 2.0 by straight up drafting him first. I thought the talk of Schlenk being in love with Law 2.0 was just a clever smoke screen. I didn't include outright idiocy in my estimation of our GM though. Silly me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ is looking good. He ain't looking flukey tonight. His defense is looking great and I like that he's attacking. He just cant handle contact

my man, he looked coordinated last night.  That is when I started to hate trae... (that is not when I started to hate trae, that is a joke.  I was really unhappy with this pick at the draft.)

the other thing I'd say is that if you run an org based on the skills of steph curry you're going to run into trouble.  a team should be gunning for good, high % shots.  Also, big athletic players who understand the game are freaks who will help you win.  you can't have strategies based on outliers.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It is tough hating a draft pick and then taking enough deep breaths to get somewhat past it and then watching him look like hot garbage.  Super small sample size and meaningless SL but still not fun.

• Like 3

I want to hate on Trae like I did on draft night, but it won't change anything. I honestly don't think he's been that bad, I just have to hope Pierce will reel in his shooting in time. If Trae is going to be successful, it's gonna be as a 20-12 player, not 30-8. We really need to get a SG though, I don't know if Huerter is the answer (and he doesn't have to be).

Actually scratch that, Trae was a dumb, dumb pick even if he gets it together. PGs don't translate to the NBA quickly. Not many rookie PGs get max extensions either. We would've been much better off drafting Doncic or Bamba or even JJJ and letting someone else deal with the headaches. In 4 years, you can overpay for Young when he's an RFA. I haven't seen anything yet to make me thing Young will be a bust, but this will take time. I don't want to wait like Charlotte had to wait for Kemba to become useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerrypack said:

the other thing I'd say is that if you run an org based on the skills of steph curry you're going to run into trouble.  a team should be gunning for good, high % shots.  Also, big athletic players who understand the game are freaks who will help you win.  you can't have strategies based on outliers.

Steph is a once in a generation players. Trying to replicate that is very foolish.