• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Welll...Minnesota just made the playoffs in the first time in forever and Denver is the most fun team to watch in the NBA (seriously not kidding). Maybe watch some other teams? Just because you love the Hawks doesn't mean you can't watch some other cats play.

Been hearing reports my boy Jimmy wants out.  He ain’t built for mediocrity.

Denver though?  I don’t get to see them much but when I did Sap looked like sh@t and I can’t tell Murray from Harris.  Barton looks like a mercenary, everyone looks to the C to make a play, and Faried has died apparently.  They’re a weird watch for me.  Philly with Illy and Belli, Utah with Rubio off the floor, GS with KD off, Celtics featuring Tatum, and Miami were my favorite watches.

Frank Ntilikina tomorrow. Trae playing well vs him would buy a lot of good will because this dude has given top NBA talents problems.

Was listening to Chouinard's podcast, Hawks practice environment for Utah was apparently not ideal.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Been hearing reports my boy Jimmy wants out.  He ain’t built for mediocrity.

Denver though?  I don’t get to see them much but when I did Sap looked like sh@t and I can’t tell Murray from Harris.  Barton looks like a mercenary, everyone looks to the C to make a play, and Faried has died apparently.  They’re a weird watch for me.  Philly with Illy and Belli, Utah with Rubio off the floor, GS with KD off, Celtics featuring Tatum, and Miami were my favorite watches.

Sap looked good when he wasn't recovering from a wrist fracture that cost him most of the season. Gary Harris is really good, highly efficient player. Murry is good but he has to play PG instead of his natural SG position. Barton is a flat out killer off the bench, now he gets to start. Faried has no place in the rotation with all the PF/C they can bring off the bench that can pass and hit three's.

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sap looked good when he wasn't recovering from a wrist fracture that cost him most of the season. Gary Harris is really good, highly efficient player. Murry is good but he has to play PG instead of his natural SG position. Barton is a flat out killer off the bench, now he gets to start. Faried has no place in the rotation with all the PF/C they can bring off the bench that can pass and hit three's.

Harris’ shooting is super efficient.  Imma need him to hit the glass and get to the line a little more in 34 minutes for a 6’4”, 210 Mich State guy though.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Harris’ shooting is super efficient.  Imma need him to hit the glass and get to the line a little more in 34 minutes for a 6’4”, 210 Mich State guy though.

You haven't seen him cut to the basket with those sweet passes from Jokic?

He's also not going to hit the boards when they have Jokic and Millsap getting all the boards. Harris is the best defensive wing so he's running back to prevent transition.

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You haven't seen him cut to the basket with those sweet passes from Jokic?

He's also not going to hit the boards when they have Jokic and Millsap getting all the boards. Harris is the best defensive wing so he's running back to prevent transition.

Even though he’s getting up there I would’ve thought it was Chandler.  Basic defensive box says so but most other on/off stats favor Harris.  I’m guessing he guards multiple positions more.

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Frank Ntilikina tomorrow. Trae playing well vs him would buy a lot of good will because this dude has given top NBA talents problems.

Was listening to Chouinard's podcast, Hawks practice environment for Utah was apparently not ideal.

Can u elaborate on this

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sap was having a down year before the injury - worse than the prior season which was also a down year.  

In the 16 games prior to injury he averaged:

15.3 ppg on 44.5% FG% / 34% 3pt%

6.2 rpg

3.0 apg / 2.1 topg

0.4 spg

0.6 bpg

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Even though he’s getting up there I would’ve thought it was Chandler.  Basic defensive box says so but most other on/off stats favor Harris.  I’m guessing he guards multiple positions more.

He does. He's easily the best defensive wing on the Nuggs. Chandler was a complete let down last season.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Sap was having a down year before the injury - worse than the prior season which was also a down year.  

In the 16 games prior to injury he averaged:

15.3 ppg on 44.5% FG% / 34% 3pt%

6.2 rpg

3.0 apg / 2.1 topg

0.4 spg

0.6 bpg

He also picked those numbers up when he came bcak from the injury and got the rust off. The only reason the Nuggs missed the playoffs by one game last season was due to Millsap missing most of the season.

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

He also picked those numbers up when he came bcak from the injury and got the rust off. The only reason the Nuggs missed the playoffs by one game last season was due to Millsap missing most of the season.

He returned Feb 27.  Discounting his first 2 weeks for acclimation, he averaged the following has last 16 games of the season:

14.3 ppg on 48.3% FG% / 30.0% 3pt%

6.8 rpg

2.7 apg / 1.8 topg

0.9 bpg

0.9 spg

That is not much different and still way down for him.  It was a bad season for Sap all around.  That is why it was a career low or near career low in a bunch of categories (including per minute categories).  

• Premium Member

He's not going to get the same shots on a stacked Nuggets team and his boards dropped because Jokic was stationary around the rim while they used Millsap for weak side help. He looked like pretty much the same old Millsap to me outside the first ten games when he was trying to gel with Jokic and then coming back from the injury.

Hopefully this season he can stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He returned Feb 27.  Discounting his first 2 weeks for acclimation, he averaged the following has last 16 games of the season:

14.3 ppg on 48.3% FG% / 30.0% 3pt%

6.8 rpg

2.7 apg / 1.8 topg

0.9 bpg

0.9 spg

That is not much different and still way down for him.  It was a bad season for Sap all around.  That is why it was a career low or near career low in a bunch of categories (including per minute categories).  

Those numbers reek of “I got my money.”  It’s no secret Bud’s a hardass on his players.  He’d naturally take a step back.  We could make a case for a couple years he was the most well-rounded 4 going.  Now he seems to be just a Jokic compliment.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's not going to get the same shots on a stacked Nuggets team and his boards dropped because Jokic was stationary around the rim while they used Millsap for weak side help. He looked like pretty much the same old Millsap to me outside the first ten games when he was trying to gel with Jokic and then coming back from the injury.

They’re more stacked than a team with 3 additional All-Stars?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

With him taking fewer shots and surrounded by better weapons, I'd expect shot quality to rise and his shooting %s to be at career highs and well above prior seasons where he was higher in the pecking order in Atlanta.

He is still a very useful player but he is on the downside of his career and I don't think you'll see him recapture a year like his middle two seasons in Atlanta.  I am betting Denver was  hoping for more when they signed him for $30M per.  If he plays well, I'd expect something like 15 ppg / 7.5 rpg.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Those numbers reek of “I got my money.”  It’s no secret Bud’s a hardass on his players.  He’d naturally take a step back.  We could make a case for a couple years he was the most well-rounded 4 going.  Now he seems to be just a Jokic compliment.

They’re more stacked than a team with 3 additional All-Stars?

Millsap was the primary offensive focus in Atlanta. He's never going to be that in Denver. His first ten games he wouldn't get good shots because the ball was slow to come to him. When he finally started clicking, I believe Denver had won five or six in a row before he got hurt with his wrist injury. He then missed most of the season. When he came back he had to work his way back into game shape and refinding a spot in the offense.

Age alone is going to diminish him from those peak years here in ATL where I argued then and now that he should have been All NBA  at least one season. When you add in playing for a brand new team, system without his being the focus point on offense like he was here and having an injury that cost him most of the season I don't see how anyone can hold him to the same stats he put up in Atlanta.

I watch more Nuggets games than anyone on this site. Just like the Wolves for that matter. Just like you were surprised about Chandler not being the best perimeter defender if you watched the games you would have seen he was simply putrid a good stretch of the season. Jokic, Harris, Murray and Barton are what did the work for Denver last year with Millsap coming in late after the injury. Chandler was a negative player on the court. 

I'm sure @AHF is right that he's not going to be the same player because age is a winner in every argument about player decline. You toss in the first serious injury I can remember from Millsap and it was effectively a lost season for him.

• Premium Member

Schedule Reminder for Las Vegas Summer League:

July 7: (5:30 p.m. ET) - Hawks vs. Knicks (ESPN) 
July 8: (5:30 p.m. ET) - Hawks vs. Blazers (ESPN2) 
July 10: (6:00 p.m. ET) - Hawks vs. Bulls (NBA TV)

• Like 3