• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Effect on 2019 1st, if LBJ ends up leaving CLE?

sturt

Sorry but they will still be a good team.

George Hill, Collin Sexton, Kyle Korver, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, Larry Nance Jr. and of course....Kevin Love.

This is a team more than capable of finishing higher that 10th worst. They also have multi exceptions available for players.

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

George Hill, Collin Sexton, Kyle Korver, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, Larry Nance Jr. and of course....Kevin Love.

This is a team more than capable of finishing higher that 10th worst. They also have multi exceptions available for players.

I disagree.  Without LeBron, that team is going to be terrible.  Not terrible the way the Hawks are going to be terrible for the next several years, but they will be no better than a 30-35 win team.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That's if Gilbert decides he wants to keep that band together.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I can see them trading KLove at some point. Korver is always useful to a contending team. JR Smith and GHill have small guarantees for next year - $3mil and $1 mil - could be looked at as expirings.

They'd have to probably attach a pick to Thompson to move him but we own their pick for 2019 and 2020. 

Saw they also plan to resign Hood.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

They should blow it up and keep their pick. That roster is depressing without LeBron. Sexton and Osman could be decent building blocks along with a top pick in 2019 + whatever they can get for Love. 

Why'd you want them to keep their pick when it can be OURS??

Depends on what happens with K. Love. He's become very underrated. I'm not sure they're a playoff team because the rest of that roster is awful, but if they hold onto K. Love till at least the deadline as the reports say they will, and they've got all those other vets too, I think there's a good shot that pick converts.

The West is a problem, though, if LBJ joins the Lakers that's the Nuggets and Lakers clawing at the playoffs.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I disagree.  Without LeBron, that team is going to be terrible.  Not terrible the way the Hawks are going to be terrible for the next several years, but they will be no better than a 30-35 win team.  

30-35 wins is a 10-14th draft pick.

• Like 4

Just now, GameTime said:

Maybe, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  If LeBron leaves, I believe they are going to try to move Love for whatever they can get.  If he gets traded, that win total will drop precipitously.  

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was already a report 2 weeks ago that if LBJ left, Love would be on the trade block.

There also reports that Cavs are keeping Love and matching any offer Hood receives. I can see Gilbert wanting to win as many games as possible this year to stick it to LeBron. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

There also reports that Cavs are keeping Love and matching any offer Hood receives. I can see Gilbert wanting to win as many games as possible this year to stick it to LeBron. 

Saw that too.

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

which is what I'm saying. In order for the pick to have conveyed this year, it has to be 11 or lower.  Last year's 11-14

Charlotte - 36 wins

Detroit - 39

LA. Clippers - 42

Denver - 46

I think that team is good enough to win 36

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

which is what I'm saying. In order for the pick to have conveyed this year, it has to be 11 or lower.  Last year's 11-14

Charlotte - 36 wins

Detroit - 39

LA. Clippers - 42

Denver - 46

I think that team is good enough to win 36

Even with Kyrie Irving, the Cavs couldn't win without LeBron.   I think the Cavs were something like 4-18 in games LeBron missed over the past 5 years.

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

... but they will be no better than a 30-35 win team.  

So the pick will convey and the Hawks will have 3 lottery picks. I'm predicting 8th (ours), Dallas' (10th), and Cavs' (13th). What a haul. I'd bundle if I was Schlloyd.

43 minutes ago, hazer said:

So the pick will convey and the Hawks will have 3 lottery picks. I'm predicting 8th (ours), Dallas' (10th), and Cavs' (13th). What a haul. I'd bundle if I was Schlloyd.

It will be more like the 1st, 6th, and 11th, which will excite most of y'all but make me absolutely nauseous during the season.  However, if LeBron goes, I don't think that pick will convey.  They will be BAD.

Without LeBron, the Cavs are one of the bottom 10 teams in the league. Kevin Love isn’t good enough to take that team to 35 wins. That roster is full of journeyman and Sexton is still a minimum 3 seasons from being a factor if he even becomes one. We will lose out on that pick next year.  That team is terrible without LeBron.