• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am still trying to figure out the Ariza signing

• Admin

He is a good player ... he played a crucial role to Houston's success but how does he fit in PHX?  He left a team that was contending for a title to go to a bottom dweller and PHX blew 15 million at a position they are already very strong ... They just drafted Bridges, they have Jackson, Warren and Booker at the SG / SF position.  They don't have a point guard ... why not try to sign someone for that position?  Baffled

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah that is a head scratcher for both sides.  The Rockets hoping Mbah Moute can sorta fill his role.

For Phoenix, I struggle to come up with a reason to do this deal.

For Ariza?  I can come up with $15M very good reasons to do this.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He’s just used to winning.  I know Houston couldn’t accommodate him after paying Paul a billion dollars but I’m thinking he could’ve gotten close to $15M with a much better franchise.  Apparently not.  Phoenix does seem like a nice retirement spot though.

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, AHF said:

They are trying to pair Booker up with a wing that plays defense? If Ayton is the next David Robinson and Booker continues to develop they could make a run for the 8th seed and I guess they are trying to send the signal to the team that they are ready to make a playoff run.