• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what salary......

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would take Deng if they add Josh Hart

I think Kawhi is Lakers first choice and they need all the assets possible to make that trade.  If Pop still says "no" (highly likely imo given SAS general disdain for the LAL and lack of willingness to help them build a dynasty), then to me Boogie is their next best option.  In order for that to happen, I think they have to shed Deng's contract OR stretch him.  Obviously trading him into cap space would be the best case scenario and there's only a few teams that could even accommodate his salary.  Hawks being one, I think Bulls being the other.  So you could be on to something with Deng IF the Spurs don't cooperate with Kawhi.  My only concern would be that the LAL try to peddle their worthless picks with Deng instead of a legit asset.  

My mind is just blowed looking at how many points he scored this past season (2) and how much he’s owed the next two years ($37 milly). He can make his store nice out back now.  Good God Almighty.   He deserves it though.  Thibideau ran that man like a machine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrReality said:

Anyone heard where Ferry landed?  

Assistant GM in New Orleans . . . and probably the cause of the domino effect of Demarcus Cousins signing with Golden State.

He pretty much said in an interview last week that New Orleans had to decide if they were going to have a life with or without Boogie.  He went out of his way to cite how they played without him, after he got hurt.

So it was probably Ferry that convinced Dell Demps to go after Julius Randle, and sign him to a modest 2 year deal ( the exact same deal that he signed Millsap to ), instead of spending big money on Cousins.

Assistant GM in New Orleans . . . and probably the cause of the domino effect of Demarcus Cousins signing with Golden State.

He pretty much said in an interview last week that New Orleans had to decide if they were going to have a life with or without Boogie.  He went out of his way to cite how they played without him, after he got hurt.

So it was probably Ferry that convinced Dell Demps to go after Julius Randle, and sign him to a modest 2 year deal ( the exact same deal that he signed Millsap to ), instead of spending big money on Cousins.

They've two years to figure something out. They should've ponied up the money, but maybe they think they can sign someone better in a year.