• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Right Now.. Trae Is...

Diesel

4 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

A major bust.

Can’t argue at all.  For all the unacceptable reasons I’m hearing to excuse his struggles he just as easily could be killing SL. 

Shooting 29% and 2-16 from three at any level is alarming not only from a skill and size standpoint but IQ., let alone when you’re supposed to be the best talent on the floor.  He’s not at a damn Olympic Team trial.  

Al was a ready-made pro as a 3rd pick, I don’t have patience for a project at that slot bruh.  To all the Pro-Trae guys, I don’t want no smoke.  Crazier things have happened than him lighting it up this season.  I do want it with Schlenk if he grossly misjudged this kid’s shot translating.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Can’t argue at all.  For all the unacceptable reasons I’m hearing to excuse his struggles he just as easily could be killing SL. 

Shooting 29% and 2-16 from three at any level is alarming not only from a skill and size standpoint but IQ., let alone when you’re supposed to be the best talent on the floor.  He’s not at a damn Olympic Team trial.  

Al was a ready-made pro as a 3rd pick, I don’t have patience for a project at that slot bruh.  To all the Pro-Trae guys, I don’t want no smoke.  Crazier things have happened than him lighting it up this season.  I do want it with Schlenk if he grossly misjudged this kid’s shot translating.

Do me a favor and go check out Steph Curry's Summer League stats lmao

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not saying he's terrible or anything. But why pass on Luca for him? Luca is an excellent passer and ballhandler. With his size and strength he wont get bullied like Trae. I don't see what upside Trae offers over Luca. Trae is both small and not particularly explosive, but is a good passer. Usually those guys profile as back up point guards. Scoring in the NBA is not going to come easy for him, and more often than not those long threes are not going to fall. He does not have Steph's handle or athleticism, both of which are very underrated. He's going to have to become crafty as the devil, basically Steve Nash, to become a star.

Because Luka is a below average athlete at the wing. You can’t compare Doncic and Young like they play the same position. Doncic will not have a size or strength advantage against his defender either. It’s not like he’s 6’9” or 6’10”. Scoring won’t come easy to Doncic either. In fact, I bet Trae will have better per 36 scoring than Doncic. The upside Trae has over Doncic is shooting and playmaking without the athletic question marks. Both Trae AND Doncic will have a lot of adjustments to make to be effective in the NBA. However, Trae has at least shown the ability to hit the 3 in any situation at very high volume and average efficiency while being pressured like crazy. Once preseason starts we will all see why Doncic wasn’t #1 or #2 overall. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Steph doesn’t really have handles right now. Just because they’ve had a good record doesn’t mean they are all individually good at everything..

No, Curry has no handles..he fakes it. That’s what their secret is in golden state...fake ur bullshit the best way possible cuz you a fake champ anyways.

lol wut????

• Premium Member

It's not looking good for our pick so far. Good thing it's only two summer league games that mean nothing. PG's are the smallest guys on the floor and they take longer to develop and digest the jump in competition from college to pro. Hope Trae at least busts out of his abysmal shooting slump by next game and shows us he can hit some threes. 

My take: if he tones down his shot selection a bit and makes a couple of those open 3s he looks WAY better. His handle has seemed fine to me, not sure what everyone else is seeing there. His passing is solid. He looks like a PIECE OF THE PUZZLE to me IF the shot falls. Not a superstar probably, but solid.

Stole this, but ...

Here's some other rookie summer league averages:

Derrick Rose 9.5 Pts, 29.5 FG%
Nicholas Batum 6.8 Pts, 34.8 FG%
Steph Curry 17.4 Pts, 32.5 FG%
DeMarcus Cousins 14.5 Pts, 33.3FG%
Andre Drummond 7.4 Pts, 5.4 Reb
Draymond Green 6.4 Pts, 27.8 FG%
Khris Middleton 6.0 Pts, 38.7 FG%
Aaron Gordon 7.8 Pts, 35.0 FG%
Karl-Anthony Towns 12.8 Pts, 39.6 FG%
Ben Simmons 10.8 Pts, 36.0 FG%
Malcolm Brogdon 10.2 Pts, 34.4 FG%
Willie Cauley-Stein 7.3 Pts, 25.7 FG%
Lauri Markannen 14.0 Pts, 29.3 FG%

Anthony Randolph 19.0 Pts, 7.0 Reb
Jerryd Bayless 30.3 Pts, 50.0 FG%
Donte Greene 22.6 Pts, 2.8 3PM
Jonny Flynn 15 Pts, 7.4 Ast, 48.0 FG%
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 18 Pts, 8 Reb, 5 Ast, 4 Stl, 58.3 FG%
Cody Zeller 16.3 Pts, 9.3 Reb, 52.0 FG%
Jordan McRae 21. Pts, 50.0 FG%
Russ Smith 16 Pts, 5.0 Reb, 6.4 Ast
Joseph Young 22.5 Pts, 50.8 FG%

Not sure if the formatting came out right but I don't really care either.
Long story long, we need to relax.
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stole this, but ...

Nah, we don’t want to hear logic. We just want to overreact and cry because they didn’t draft the player I wanted. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stole this, but ...

Related image

• Like 2

Reducing the threes from suburbia would change the impact of both numbers on paper and visual appeal. As has been said already, too many bombs too early in the clock as well. Play within our offensive structure and he should perform well for us. Know its SL but am surprised at the complete lack of reins by our staff. At least keep it to within twenty five feet of the rim.

36 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Nah, we don’t want to hear logic. We just want to overreact and cry because they didn’t draft the player I wanted. 

That is more fun .... the way poking a rusty nail into yer eye is "fun".

• Like 2

.........is an underdeveloped 19 year old rookie who is a product of the AAU system, which means he has a ton of things he needs to work on.  He's also showing that he has elite potential as a lead initiator on offense.  

Anymore questions?

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

.........is an underdeveloped 19 year old rookie who is a product of the AAU system, which means he has a ton of things he needs to work on.  He's also showing that he has elite potential as a lead initiator on offense.  

Anymore questions?

Ya when are you on call and never come back?

• Like 1