• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

8 hours ago, terrell said:

No SGA? Wow. And Mitchell Robinson was better than Ayton imo..

Agreed.  Ayton looks like a rich man's Emeka Okafor to me, tbh.  Well, maybe not a 'rich' man's.  Maybe like a middle-class man who just got his Christmas bonus?

• Like 1

ARE WE PLAYING OR TANKING?

Hopefully, this season's team will play every game with the idea of winning.  How many victories we have this season will depend on the answer.  Some want that elusive all star.  Note:  Not all, great players are drafted #1.   Sometimes, they come further down the line.  Question:  What do we desperately need out of the next draft?

If next season's Hawk team really goes all out to win, what do we expect to see?  (Consider that our present team is the team we actually have for next season)

The number one question we can't really answer.  We can only guess and hope.  Just how well will our new head coach and his staff preform?  Hawks took Bud as an untried assistant and he became one of the better NBA coaches.  Then he decided he could look better somewhere else, so he left us.

Lloyd Pierce comes to us much the same as Bud.  No experience as a head coach but some experience elsewhere.  Bud took his assistant coaches with him.  LP has chosen his own assistants.  The team will be a lot different.  LP will have a different vision.  Hawks drafted known shooters.  We already had known shooters.  Now, LP is known as a defensive minded coach and we expect he and his assistant coaches to stress this part. 

We have been reminded that Lloyd Pierce is an unproven, rookie coach.  We have read how good or how bad our three teen age draft picks will turn out.  We hear all the way from good to three total bursts.  And, we hear that our other players, left over from last season, are pretty good or not one could make the starting lineup on any other NBA team.

:aggressive:

• Like 1

So anyway, back to Trae, believe his passing game is going to bring some quality noise from the crowd here and on a few other courts as well. Should put folks in seats once he starts getting good minutes. Even backing up Dennis, Trae should should average over twenty minutes per. Nothing like a full court pass on the money for a score to light up a home crowd. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
So anyway, back to Trae, believe his passing game is going to bring some quality noise from the crowd here and on a few other courts as well. Should put folks in seats once he starts getting good minutes. Even backing up Dennis, Trae should should average over twenty minutes per. Nothing like a full court pass on the money for a score to light up a home crowd. 

Agreed, Trae is going to bring a lot of excitement. I don’t see Doncic as a bad player at all and he likely will be more solid overall than Trae maybe for up to first couple seasons due to seasoning mostly but there is no way he could electrify a crowd the way Trae could with just the passing ability he already possesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Yep.  Back to Trae  -- and Kevin  -- and Omari

I keep posting, to remind myself, all three are first round picks and all are just 19 years old.  Still growing!  Maybe not size wise, but, for sure, they are not 100% mature - Not yet.

Then, there is Lloyd.  He's not matured yet as a head coach.  Finally, there is us, the fans.  We can't decide whether we are a tanking team again or if we will really go all out to win.

About Trae.  Scoring from way down town was our first thought, because he proved in school that he was capable of this.  He lead the season as the leading assist player, nationwide.  This we mentioned less but we now believe that this aspect of his game may be the more important part. 

Omari did well in summer league.  He didn't shoot as well as expected but he did shine in other parts of his game.  Always optimistic, I personally like this first round pick.

Kevin didn't get on the floor at all.  Almost all of us Hawk fans have only hearsay to judge him.  We must trust in what has been said and believe the drafting people in Hawk land knew what they were doing.

IF  --  IF  -- IF

Eternal optimist. We have some good players returning.  We have three, count em, three first round picks that are to be added.  All are capable scorers.  Rookie coach.  We gotta wait and see on him, too.  Now, if we try to win every time out this season and our rookie head coach is any good, we may surprise some people.

We have estimates of victories from struggling to top our 13 win season to my 41 win season.  Quiet a spread, isn't it.  You see, I believe.  Some don't.  About our draft picks, I believe in them also.  All three of them!

:cool:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

I keep posting, to remind myself, all three are first round picks and all are just 19 years old.  Still growing!  Maybe not size wise, but, for sure, they are not 100% mature - Not yet.

Then, there is Lloyd.  He's not matured yet as a head coach.  Finally, there is us, the fans.  We can't decide whether we are a tanking team again or if we will really go all out to win.

About Trae.  Scoring from way down town was our first thought, because he proved in school that he was capable of this.  He lead the season as the leading assist player, nationwide.  This we mentioned less but we now believe that this aspect of his game may be the more important part. 

Omari did well in summer league.  He didn't shoot as well as expected but he did shine in other parts of his game.  Always optimistic, I personally like this first round pick.

Kevin didn't get on the floor at all.  Almost all of us Hawk fans have only hearsay to judge him.  We must trust in what has been said and believe the drafting people in Hawk land knew what they were doing.

IF  --  IF  -- IF

Eternal optimist. We have some good players returning.  We have three, count em, three first round picks that are to be added.  All are capable scorers.  Rookie coach.  We gotta wait and see on him, too.  Now, if we try to win every time out this season and our rookie head coach is any good, we may surprise some people.

We have estimates of victories from struggling to top our 13 win season to my 41 win season.  Quiet a spread, isn't it.  You see, I believe.  Some don't.  About our draft picks, I believe in them also.  All three of them!

:cool:

This is called blind faith, IMO.  Youth does not win in the NBA, and there is no possibility that this team wins 41 games, nor get remotely close to that number.

The roster as it is currently constructed wins 18-20 games tops.

Why do I believe in our three first round draft picks?  They are green as grass, as far as their being great NBA players.  But, the old man believes in them.  Why?  Because, from what I have read, these young men all have a very good NBA IQ.  This means, to me, that these green, unlearned young men are mentally capable of learning this complicated NBA game.

Also, I trust that Lloyd Pierce is smart enough to believe that his future in the NBA as a head coach will depend on how well he and his team does.  Therefore, if he lets this team lay down, coaches them into loss after loss, we Hawk fans will not be the only ones that have noticed.  Not only will the Atlanta Hawks be losers but so will our head coach.  18 to 20 wins?   Bah!  Humbug!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

IF  --  IF  -- IF

cool.png

GrayMule you and I are eternal optimists [emoji16][emoji16]I’m not going to predict 41 but I predict 33! And in the east that record might vie for an 8 seed this year.

I’m thinking the team starts off slow and wins more as the season goes along. I could see 20 wins in last 41 games unless Baze and Dennis are traded for future prospects + filler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Why do I believe in our three first round draft picks?  They are green as grass, as far as their being great NBA players.  But, the old man believes in them.  Why?  Because, from what I have read, these young men all have a very good NBA IQ.  This means, to me, that these green, unlearned young men are mentally capable of learning this complicated NBA game.

Also, I trust that Lloyd Pierce is smart enough to believe that his future in the NBA as a head coach will depend on how well he and his team does.  Therefore, if he lets this team lay down, coaches them into loss after loss, we Hawk fans will not be the only ones that have noticed.  Not only will the Atlanta Hawks be losers but so will our head coach.  18 to 20 wins?   Bah!  Humbug!

I believe the Hawks three first round picks will be good, but that will be 2-3 years down the road at the earliest.  Look at the history of rookies in the NBA.  Most rookies are very bad as rookies, particularly with so many of them being young when they enter the league.  It's very rare that you find a Donovan Mitchell type rookie that can be the key cog to a winning team, and he benefitted from actually going to a winning team.

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Just added some finishing touches

?...magical fingers! So you photoshop tweak them? That ? ☀️ 

4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Just added some finishing touches

Can I get one in ?? ? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can I get one in ?? ? 

If im being honest, I just grabbed some pics of google and added a few changes. If there are some pics you have in mind send me the links

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can I get one in ?? ? 

Scratch that, found something to work with. Should be done in a few minutes