• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They voted Trae best shooter and playmaker. Did you want them to give him every award?

? yes I did see that as well and should have mentioned it in my initial post but the overall thing irks me I guess a little because it was Sexton. Not that he won’t be good but I just think they are in similar situations except for the fact that the Cavs are a vet club but I guess it just doesn’t sit well with me but I’m kind of happy he didn’t get it because he can stay humble and stay hungry ?!

Go Hawks!

18 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I feel like Sexton is the new Jarrett Jack. 

This is blasphemous.

Jack was a born leader.  Consummate professional/floor leader.

Sexton is a new-age, get minez, lead-guard/non-point guard.  Has an ego larger than his game (which is a double-edged sword).  He's another Eric Bledsoe type.  Has better tools than Jack but lacks the nuance that Jack used to be the winner that he is.

I'll forgive you for this misstep, macd.  Once. :dry:

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I feel like he’s the new Gilbert Arenas met Javaris Critt... ? met Nick Young...

Ooh ... sneaky good one, spud.  It's too early for you to be in regular season form, mayne.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:02 PM, Spud2nique said:

? yes I did see that as well and should have mentioned it in my initial post but the overall thing irks me I guess a little because it was Sexton. Not that he won’t be good but I just think they are in similar situations except for the fact that the Cavs are a vet club but I guess it just doesn’t sit well with me but I’m kind of happy he didn’t get it because he can stay humble and stay hungry ?!

Go Hawks!

Sexton and Doncic are on win-now teams so it's unlikely that they'll have the nimbers to support a ROY push.  Some folks in the media, though, will try to go all high-brow and vote for them since their team is "winning" or whatever.  I expect both to be near .500 teams so "winning" will be a loosely thrown around term.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is blasphemous.

Sexton is a new-age, get minez, lead-guard/non-point guard.  Has an ego larger than his game (which is a double-edged sword).  He's another Eric Bledsoe type.  Has better tools than Jack but lacks the nuance that Jack used to be the winner that he is.

Ooh ... sneaky good one, spud.  It's too early for you to be in regular season form, mayne.

Sexton and Doncic are on win-now teams so it's unlikely that they'll have the nimbers to support a ROY push.  Some folks in the media, though, will try to go all high-brow and vote for them since their team is "winning" or whatever.  I expect both to be near .500 teams so "winning" will be a loosely thrown around term.

Hey if I’m gonna show up once a week I may as well come prepared. I’m ? about the mac comparison to Jack as well. I think when we look back in 10 years, Jack will be looked at as having more of an impact on winning than Sexton.

ps I’ve had satellite radio for a month now and try to listen to Eddie Johnson and others but always seem to be on those hip hop channels.

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey if I’m gonna show up once a week I may as well come prepared. I’m ? about the mac comparison to Jack as well. I think when we look back in 10 years, Jack will be looked at as having more of an impact on winning than Sexton.

ps I’ve had satellite radio for a month now and try to listen to Eddie Johnson and others but always seem to be on those hip hop channels.

Yeah, as you may recall, I cooled on Sexton.  Just seems like another AAU wunderkind guard looking to score, score, score.  And, if that fails, just keep shootin'.  Defense, schmefense.

You'd probably like that Rude Jude guy's show.  I think it's on Eminem's station in the afternoons, Shade 45 or something like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, as you may recall, I cooled on Sexton.  Just seems like another AAU wunderkind guard looking to score, score, score.  And, if that fails, just keep shootin'.  Defense, schmefense.

You'd probably like that Rude Jude guy's show.  I think it's on Eminem's station in the afternoons, Shade 45 or something like that.

Shade 45? That’s awesome ? Seems like a lot of mainstream bs on the other channels. I actually love mainstream but gimme some new stuff so I’m not rockin out to a song from last year tryin to get the tip wet ya heard!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Shade 45? That’s awesome ? Seems like a lot of mainstream bs on the other channels. I actually love mainstream but gimme some new stuff so I’m not rockin out to a song from last year tryin to get the tip wet ya heard!

George Takei Oh My

Dang I woke @AHF up...

ssshhhh ? 

ps I’m sorry folks but with ☝️ pimp fake on a 3, Trae can shift an entire defense.

Highlight factory of dunks 10 years ago with Smoove Marv Horford and company to highlight factory of 3’s with Trae, Huerter and more!

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

image.jpg

I had a really sophomoric response to this.  It included your mom but I decided against posting it.  #PersonalGrowth?

To get back on track, here's a regurgitation of what we've already seen regarding Rayford's rookie-vote standing:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rookies-agree-little-trae-162424690.html

On a semi-related note, I'm wondering where I can get some cheese to go along with this whine ...

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/21/17764020/luka-doncic-no-zero-votes-nba-rookie-survey-best-career-nba-draft-2018-mavericks

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I had a really sophomoric response to this.  It included your mom but I decided against posting it.  #PersonalGrowth?

To get back on track, here's a regurgitation of what we've already seen regarding Rayford's rookie-vote standing:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rookies-agree-little-trae-162424690.html

On a semi-related note, I'm wondering where I can get some cheese to go along with this whine ...

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/21/17764020/luka-doncic-no-zero-votes-nba-rookie-survey-best-career-nba-draft-2018-mavericks

That’s where Luka Doncic’s stick is short.

hehehehehe (sophomoric giggle ?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s where Luka Doncic’s stick is short.

hehehehehe (sophomoric giggle ?)

C'mon, spud.  This is sooooo mean.  And who could 'like' this comment?  You guys are sooo mean.

:ermm: Wait, 'likes' are still anonymous right?  Yeah?  Like I said, you guys are soooo mean. :happy:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is blasphemous.

Would that be your opinion if the Hawks had drafted him? A lot of bias and homerism around here. Sexton has the chance to be a Kyrie level scoring guard. He can really get buckets and he can play defense. That will always have value, and he and Trae have about the same likelihood of becoming stars. Quite a few teams preferred Sexton over Trae. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Would that be your opinion if the Hawks had drafted him? A lot of bias and homerism around here. Sexton has the chance to be a Kyrie level scoring guard. He can really get buckets and he can play defense. That will always have value, and he and Trae have about the same likelihood of becoming stars. Quite a few teams preferred Sexton over Trae. 

I was being a little 'extra' for effect.  The overall point was that Jack and Sexton are different players.

I do not believe Sexton will ever be close to Kyrie as a player and saying he 'can play defense' is a little strong.  I mean, sure he's out there and has tools but defense isn't a priority to him.  Could he develop?  Sure.  But it'd be a pleasant surprise for the Cavs if he does.

Eric Bledsoe is his likely outcome.  I'll stand by that.  A lot of teams fell in love with his tools back then too.

And let's not assume I'm being a homer.  It's possible to have opinions on both players that are not necessarily connected.

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

C'mon, spud.  This is sooooo mean.  And who could 'like' this comment?  You guys are sooo mean.

:ermm: Wait, 'likes' are still anonymous right?  Yeah?  Like I said, you guys are soooo mean. :happy:

We should all start a remake of the film “mean girls” but for squawk... who would Rachel McAdams be played by? I’m gonna say @capstone21 due to the Canadian connection. Other than that, casting is open!

• Like 1