• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

• Moderators

smh.  If travis really was going to take JJJ with the #3, even with Luka on the board, then i will withdraw my support.   Maybe that was if Luka went #2.   Ultimately what  we did was my ideal scenario.  I just like to think it was Travis' decision.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

smh.  If travis really was going to take JJJ with the #3, even with Luka on the board, then i will withdraw my support.   Maybe that was if Luka went #2.   Ultimately what  we did was my ideal scenario.  I just like to think it was Travis' decision.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't like operating pattern of the owner having any significant say in personnel decisions.  That turns out for the worse 9/10 times and is the hallmark of organizations like the Redskins -- not well run management.  Hire your GM and let him do his job.  If you think his judgment is bad, then fire him and replace him with someone you trust to make those calls.

That's why I thought this lil blurb was interesting:

Schlenk has done what he can to smooth Young’s path. He’s tried to reassure Young that he was the team’s top choice in the draft. Schlenk has asked fans to have patience with Young while emphasizing that he’s just one piece a long-term puzzle. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I do not support Schlenk and it doesn't even have anything to do with the draft/trade.  If he wanted Jay Jonah JameSUCKS, in any capacity, that's unforgivable.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't like operating pattern of the owner having any significant say in personnel decisions.  That turns out for the worse 9/10 times and is the hallmark of organizations like the Redskins -- not well run management.  Hire your GM and let him do his job.  If you think his judgment is bad, then fire him and replace him with someone you trust to make those calls.

Agreed.

#kg4Mod2018

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I do not support Schlenk and it doesn't even have anything to do with the draft/trade.  If he wanted Jay Jonah JameSUCKS, in any capacity, that's unforgivable.

Agreed.

#kg4Mod2018

Interesting....spill the details.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

The GM should never have to reassure his draft pick that he really chose to take him.  That should be a given since the GM makes the decision.

... unless the owner is a meddling, Arthur Blank-type and sticks his nose in personnel decisions he hasn't done the legwork to even remotely understand.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting....spill the details.

Nothing specific.  I just don't like the guy and I think he's a liar.

... but I'm not gonna go through each thread and try to steer the conversation to, "oh, uhm, why don't y'all hate Travis Schlenk like I do?"

That tactic has gotten popular here lately ... well, for one dude it is ... and apparently the mods are ok with it.

#kg4Mod2018

• Like 4

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

... but I'm not gonna go through each thread and try to steer the conversation to, "oh, uhm, why don't y'all hate Travis Schlenk like I do?"

That tactic has gotten popular here lately ... well, for one dude it is ... and apparently the mods are ok with it.

#kg4Mod2018

I’m good with the good natured ribbing but cool it with the back seat driving.  You don’t know what has been done out of public eye and have apparently missed dozens of posts being relocated to the tank thread.  This issue hasn’t been important enough to you to PM me or another mod if you think there are problems on the board and I know I’d appreciate that before the public complaints.

Can’t say everyone will get whatever they want when they contact us but we do listen and try to keep this a place where people get to share their opinions on the Hawks — whatever they may be — and to keep that discussion as free flowing as possible.  Personal attacks are a quick trigger but spamming or choking conversation doesn’t go unnoticed either.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

#kg4Mod2018

I didn't like how he handled things last year but when he drafted the one guy i wanted I changed my mind.  Now that i know Jamie Gertz is the one who picked Trae I can go back to not liking Travis.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I didn't like how he handled things last year but when he drafted the one guy i wanted I changed my mind.  Now that i know Jamie Gertz is the one who picked Trae I can go back to not liking Travis.   

:thinking: :grin:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My one source with the Hawks is pretty adamant that if we had the #1 pick Travis would have tried to move down a couple of spots to take Young. If he couldn't do that, he would have taken Young with the #1 pick. Travis truly believes he is Curry 2.0.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My one source with the Hawks is pretty adamant that if we had the #1 pick Travis would have tried to move down a couple of spots to take Young. If he couldn't do that, he would have taken Young with the #1 pick. Travis truly believes he is Curry 2.0.

This is consistent with everything else we heard and Trae's workout for the Hawks got more attention than any other player i remember.   I'll chalk the other up to ESPN.   Even Travis' assertion that they would be happy with either Luka or Trae didn't seem 100% true.  

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What's funny is heard that from one guy and  no one else but it matches what the general talk is. Senlenk loved Young the most. The assistant GM loved JJJ and Bagley. Owners loved Doncic. 

This is my point.  Why are we believing ANYTHING reported out of BSPN? 

They just like to stir up drama.  I've heard from months that Trae was Travis' guy. I didn't want to believe it because I was, at the time, a Doncic fanboy.  Even Rick on 92.9 (is he the one on NBA TV, that's who I'm referring to) even said he heard that Trae Young was Travis' guy.  Again, I didn't want to believe it at the time, but we drafted him so I guess it was true.  

I NOW FULLY SUPPORT TRAE and could careless about that D(oncic) in Dallas...giggity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

You cant blame him for being skeptical of Trae Young. He was a high risk high reward prospect. Jaren was safer..Pretty sure Travis liked Trae, and the extra pick sealed the deal..He wants assests..

Just now, terrell said:

You cant blame him for being skeptical of Trae Young. He was a high risk high reward prospect. Jaren was safer, and hed fit pretty well with Collins tbh..Pretty sure Travis liked Trae, and the extra pick sealed the deal..He wants assests..

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The most important part of getting draft picks right is... Luck. Seriously it's mostly luck.

I agree and honestly in this case I don't think Dallas or Atlanta is going to be disappointed.  Not as sure about Sacramento and Memphis.  

• Like 3