• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's because Doncic is the better talent.  He can do everything Trae can as a passer with a 6'9" frame instead of a 6'2" frame.

I would have loved to seen Doncic in Bud's offense.  It would have been a thing of beauty.  

Not everything.  Doncic can't play PG in the NBA.  Which is where I want my elite passer to play.  

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

He can absolutely facilitate the offense, whether he is the point guard or not.  

It's not whether he can.  It's how much he gets the chance.  Trae is going to be facilitating the offense 90% of the time.  Luka won't.   So for me Trae will have the opportunity to have a much bigger impact offensively on the Hawks than Luka would have.   Unless Doncic turns out to be an elite scorer

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m good with the good natured ribbing ...

Are you?  'Cause pretty much everything I say is good-natured ribbing but it seems like this touched a raw nerve.

I prefer he be able to see me complain about him which is why I don't PM you or anybody else.  That way, he at least knows where I stand.  I don't want to be all smiley in his face but stabbing him in the back in private.

But I hear you and I'll leave it alone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

He can absolutely facilitate the offense, whether he is the point guard or not.  

He really can't get to any spot he wants on the court. That's a critical part of being a PG in the NBA. Saying otherwise proves once again why Dr. Keith Box knows NOTHING about NBA Basketball. 

Doncic is going to be fine in a the point forward role offensive in the long term but you gotta question things like this: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He really can't get to any spot he wants on the court. That's a critical part of being a PG in the NBA. Saying otherwise proves once again why Dr. Keith Box knows NOTHING about NBA Basketball. 

Doncic is going to be fine in a the point forward role offensive in the long term but you gotta question things like this: 

Ease up on KB. You were pretty damn adamant about Luka being a PG when people were saying exactly what you just said 4 or 5 months ago. 

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Ease up on KB. You were pretty damn adamant about Luka being a PG when people were saying exactly what you just said 4 or 5 months ago. 

**when people were saying he can’t get beat the man in front of him and get to his spots 4 or 5 months ago.

Great, more NBA nerd food for me to digest, even though it’s just a derivative of The Ref’s box numbers that I usually swear by.  I expect to see Omari featured prominently all season as far as rookies.  He totally gets defensive positioning and moving off the ball to help teammates, the two main drivers of advanced stats IMO.  

Looking at the historic tallies I think too much emphasis is placed on assists.  Those can be inflated and in a lot of cases hinder the free flow of team passing that the Spurs and Warriors perfected.

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka and Trae actually have similar strengths and weaknesses in sone ways. Both are absolutely legit passers. But whether they can be big time scorers remains to be seen. As defenders they will both be average at best. Odds are neither becomes a superstar.

True and, IMHO, this is why the rando 40-footers have got to stop from Young.  It's not a good shot.  I don't care who you are.  And, if you're not a superstar, that sh*t ain't gonna fly for long with teammates.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

True and, IMHO, this is why the rando 40-footers have got to stop from Young.  It's not a good shot.  I don't care who you are.  And, if you're not a superstar, that sh*t ain't gonna fly for long with teammates.

Ehh, it’s a double edged sword. Cause hitting  long distance 3 the way he does is pretty much equally as energizing to a team as dunking on someone

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

A dunk is a slightly higher percentage play though, right?

I dunno man I’m like a baseball long ball lover when guys go deep 3 it’s like glaring deep into the eyes ? of Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 10:21 PM, KB21 said:

That's because Doncic is the better talent.  He can do everything Trae can as a passer with a 6'9" frame instead of a 6'2" frame.

I would have loved to seen Doncic in Bud's offense.  It would have been a thing of beauty.  

AHEM!  Self medication is not okay....even for a doctor.