• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

4 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

aside of what i thinkof doncic superior talents, someone who would actually be complimentary on the back court...

hence you got trae for dennis schröder and luka doncic, since dennis wont get you much in the market out there. so you loose two young studs under long contracts, perfectly fit for a rebuild of which one is regarded as the biggest european talent ever.

for the guy with the funny hair and logo shots

its madness

And Marvin Williams was regarded by some as the next Michael Jordan.

And Doncic has superior talents to Trae based on nothing. Maybe let’s give these guys a few years before we start making baseless claims. Just because you don’t like Trae doesn’t mean he won’t turn out to be a great player. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  Baze and Jent are soon to be the last ones standing from Budcox days in the whole org.   And Baze may not be here much longer.

They cant move Bazemore. That's the problem. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They cant move Bazemore. That's the problem. 

No rush to move him if you don't plan to be a big spender next year.  He is better than Lin and much healthier than Lin and doesn't cost much more (~$19M compared to ~$14M for Lin with the trade kicker).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

No rush to move him if you don't plan to be a big spender next year.  He is better than Lin and much healthier than Lin and doesn't cost much more (~$19M compared to ~$14M for Lin with the trade kicker).

If we don't move him this year, you might be right. I love it how fans say things like 5 million dollars is not a big difference. That is a huge difference if it was our money and it is a huge difference when trying to make trades work.

You treat 5 million dollars like it is a .25 cent difference on a bottle of pop.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If we don't move him this year, you might be right. I love it how fans say things like 5 million dollars is not a big difference. That is a huge difference if it was our money and it is a huge difference when trying to make trades work.

You treat 5 million dollars like it is a .25 cent difference on a bottle of pop.

Our owners told me exactly how much $5M means to them.  They just agreed to spend $14M this season on Jeremy "37 games the last two seasons, 13.8 PER my last full season" Lin.  They spent ~$12M to acquire the 30th pick this season.  

$5M for the incremental value of Bazemore over Lin is a freaking bargain compared to how we are spending other tranches of cash.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

hence, his college numbers against basically college players...and sample sized by you for this streaky player...

whats his plus minus pal?

how good is this TS% of a thing when your team is scrambling both on offense and defense all to complement this guys superstar leeway?

look. the nba is going to eat this kid alive. not only are they better defensive and offensive players but also better prepared team wise. and if his circus shots dont fall, the kid is less than useless.

What in the world are you going on about? You rag on sample size and bring up +/-,? Nothing you say makes any sense, and it is obvious to anyone reading that you are on some sort of anti-Trae agenda. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our owners told me exactly how much $5M means to them.  They just agreed to spend $14M this season on Jeremy "37 games the last two seasons, 13.8 PER my last full season" Lin.  They spent ~$12M to acquire the 30th pick this season.  

$5M for the incremental value of Bazemore over Lin is a freaking bargain compared to how we are spending other tranches of cash.

In your world there is not much difference in signing Bazemore for 70 million over four years vs 50 million for four years. That is "only" five million a year difference,

Enough said on anymore ridiculous statements about 5 million a year not being anything relevant.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

In your world there is not much difference in signing Bazemore for 70 million over four years vs 50 million for four years. That is "only" five million a year difference,

Enough said on anymore ridiculous statements about 5 million a year not being anything relevant.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Bazemore doesn't have 70M left on his contract.  He doesn't have 4 years left on his contract.  This is a very confusing statement.

My point is not that $5M is irrelevant.  It is that our ownership has been willing to pay waaaaayyyyyy more than $5M for less than the difference in value between Baze and Lin.

The one thing I will say for Lin if he is healthy is that he is a pretty efficient scorer at PG and he is big enough to be a true combo guard for you and pickup some minutes at SG.  But that health risk is very real and the 10% trade kicker doesn't turn what was already a toxic contract into something more valuable.  Doesn't help us make any trades so the sole value for this comes from productive time on the court and whatever mentor role he can play for Trae.

9 hours ago, aali34 said:

Very encouraged by his defensive effort.  His one tool is quickness and he must use it at all times.  He has 2 or 3 rip away steals on held balls, something I thought I’d never see.  Like that he uses both hands for shot contests, Baze will help him out with the footwork.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Why are SL games littered with the highest level NBA executives and alumni if they don’t matter?

It is PR time and talking trade time my friend.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Why are SL games littered with the highest level NBA executives and alumni if they don’t matter?

The same reason HS games involving high level prospects and All-Star games are.  It is worth seeing the guys whose future performance your job depends on and fun to see people playing ball when you are in the dry spell of the year with no other options.  

+\- in particular is a highly context dependent (who is coming into the game when you are out?  Playing against starters or scrubs?  Who is playing with you on the floor?  Are you playing to develop a skill at the expense of performance on the scoreboard?  Etc.  Etc.). statistic that takes a large sample size to be at all meaningful even in NBA games.  SL +\- over like 7 games is a joke.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

The same reason HS games involving high level prospects and All-Star games are.  It is worth seeing the guys whose future performance your job depends on and fun to see people playing ball when you are in the dry spell of the year with no other options.  

+\- in particular is a highly context dependent (who is coming into the game when you are out?  Playing against starters or scrubs?  Who is playing with you on the floor?  Are you playing to develop a skill at the expense of performance on the scoreboard?  Etc.  Etc.). statistic that takes a large sample size to be at all meaningful even in NBA games.  SL +\- over like 7 games is a joke.  

I wasn’t referencing +/- in particular, I apply stats like a boss.  Just the sliding scale on what fans and analysts think is “important” is funny.